Mana Bar Issues - 4.0.6 - resto

Any restos notice their mana take a huge hit during a fight on their bar for some reason and then bounce back a few seconds later? I'm talking during a fight as I'm healing, my mana bar will lose like 33% of its mana for no reason and then a few seconds later it will return. Anyone else seeing this?

/Night

Is your weapon enchanted with power torrent?

Or do you have the tailoring cloak enchant that gives spelpower? Because that actually increases your intellect.

Nope. My talents are all Pally talents now too. If you look at my trees they are all Pally talents...very weird.

the pally talent thing is a bug, reload ui and should be fixed, if not, log out then back in

This issue also seems to affect priests:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/851420-Mana-bar-bug

In which case, it probably affects other classes too. (Assuming people are correct when they say they don't have any big INT-proccing enchants or items.)

Priest here - have exact same issue.
    Its not an item issue, coz the mana drops for about 20-30k mana in an instant (no item or enchant would have this impact).
    Then a few seconds later its back to where i would expect it to be.

Ex:
    Tank going in - i have 100% mana and give him a Renew and a PoM.
    Looking at my manabar i am now at 67% mana - At this point i cant help myself - my instincts make me think "Oh, shit".
    I pay attention to it and watch it regen ... 68%...69%... BOOOM - 99%.

I know they had some kind of problem with ressorce bars in the PTS before going Live.
    I think there is still an issue!

I noticed the same thing, and only thing I had put it down to was Mandala of Stirring Patterns (The epic trinket from Hellscreams Reach/Baradin's Warden).

Before patch it gave chance of Mastery rating, now it gives chance of extra Intellect, so that may cause the mana bar go up and down.

Yes, this is the Mandala of Stirring Patterns proc'ing. You will notice the percentage change, as your total mana at the moment does not change, put your max mana pool does due to the increased intellect. I find it is also a good time to pop an innervate if needed. As it goes off your maximum mana pool.
    Last edited by materium; 2011-02-14 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1900+ int proc will def have that effect, since they changed the trink from mastery to int. Anyone having this problem not using that trinket?

I have the same issue and I have NO enchant/trinket that procs INT. Yesterday I did holiday daily with a good group so my mana in the end was around 80%, but after I teleported out, noticed my mana dropped to 30%...

Deleted
    Mandala Strings Pattern maybe?

The mana drop when leaving an instance happens a lot and isn't item-based. I don't know why it happens, but it is a separate issue from what the others in this thread are talking about. In your case, you are actually losing mana. In their case, they are keeping the same amount of mana, but gaining a bigger max mana pool.

I am almost certain that for everyone who says it happens to them in combat, it is either Mandala or Power Torrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a similar issue, but it usually occurs after I zone out from a dungeon. My mana is suddenly very low, but when I cast or start casting, it will go right back up. Hasn't happened to me during combat, though, not that I've noticed, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by materium View Post
    Yes, this is the Mandala of Stirring Patterns proc'ing. You will notice the percentage change, as your total mana at the moment does not change, put your max mana pool does due to the increased intellect. I find it is also a good time to pop an innervate if needed. As it goes off your maximum mana pool.
    Oooh innervate, good idea. Was popping off big heals when it procced, but I like your idea better.

Deleted
    Mandal of stirring is really good trinket couse of the int proc and the 321 spirit It helps ALOT of i run out of mana when ppl screw up in fights couse if i got 1 minute cooldown in inv I can basicly hold rej on tanks + lifelboom then just nourvish everyone else Its really good nourvish hits for 12-20k crits on proc