Page 1 of 2
LastLast

rogues still good in pvp?

so besides the fact there mobility sucks.smoke bomb got nerfed,maybe its just people crying on forums but are rogues still good in pvp?

that was kinda the main reason why i made a rogue was to pvp.i respeced combat but ill probably still pvp,im only lvl 22 but i know combat was pretty good to lvl with.all im really doing are bgs though to lvl up

Deleted
    Pls lvl your rogue to max and get decent gear, before you post ANY statements about our mobility, or abilities you don´t even have atm.

Oh and combat is not a good lvling specc...it was, yes...three years ago.

Deleted
    If you want to PVP - roll a DK. They are generally immortal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Archijs View Post
    you are so wrong, im owning every mdps class with my ret paladin, and i mean owning, dk are really good for pve but for pvp i dont think so, sub rogues and feral are the harder ones to kill and still cant beat me, rogue got badly nerfed expect blizzard to buff them in the next patch, sub is not doing dmg enough, combat mobility is horrible and assassination is crap for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Pls lvl your rogue to max and get decent gear, before you post ANY statements about our mobility, or abilities you don´t even have atm.

so combat isnt good for lvling anymore? hmmm,cuz sub is ok but it was alot more fun when ambush 1 shot people

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    you are so wrong, im owning every mdps class with my ret paladin, and i mean owning, dk are really good for pve but for pvp i dont think so, sub rogues and feral are the harder ones to kill and still cant beat me, rogue got badly nerfed expect blizzard to buff them in the next patch, sub is not doing dmg enough, combat mobility is horrible and assassination is crap for pvp
    Actually assassin is best atm. They get the best option for heals, and the best dps. Poisons by pass armor making them good against cloth and plate. Combat I havn't tried out yet. Subtley is fun and good, but 2v2 you need someone to help you with burst.

Deleted
    To be fair i dont think rogues have a problem with pvp, i play a rogue and im winning 85% of my duels and games im assassination, always hated sub will never roll it. combat is my other spec, its funny to do duels with it, then pop trinket and do killing spree, its not a viable pvp spec but its funny to do. Assassination is the best spec imo because of envenom bypassing armour, Vendetta and if you have improved recoup and dedened nerves max your constantly running with 16% damage reduction if you keep up recoup along with evasion and combat readyness your unstoppable against melee. It starts to get tricky when you go against casters. We mainly only have cloak to get off magic effects such as dots and vanish to get rid of snares and stuff like that smoke bomb that now last 5 sec means i cant go in and get out of combat in time which sucks but ah well we cant win everything can we

actually from playing combat.i might end up goin assassination or spec back sub cuz i kinda hate playing it.maybe it'll get better at higher lvls but right now its kinda bleh

oh and i dont care about duals.i care about real pvp,bgs and world pvp

Rogues are amazing in pvp if you know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    Rogues are amazing in pvp if you know how to play.
    Yes, they are still amazing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    hmmm,cuz sub is ok but it was alot more fun when ambush 1 shot people
    Ummm... dude, 1-2shotting people with Ambush or Amb/Evis combo is what Sub generally does (on lower levels). Aren't you mixing up the specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Combat is an awesome leveling spec. I've leveled twice as combat, and there is literally 0 downtime. I don't think I ate food once. And that I was taking on packs of mobs 2-4 at a time.

Deleted
    I cant remember the last time a dk beat me in a duel in arena or bg.

Rogues r still up there in pvp, but i think not only do have to know ur own class but u have to know others inside out now to be any gd

By the way, is sub still hiting like a pussy after the patch?
    Because I really don't like assassination PvP and I miss shadowstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourfingers View Post
    I cant remember the last time a dk beat me in a duel in arena or bg.
    I can remember one. In 3s it came down to me and a blood DK. The fight wouldn't end. Both of our self heals were too much for the other's attacks. My teammates told me on vent to just end it, so I /dance'd and let it be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see how rogues cant be good in pvp...Only the person who is playing them can be BAD.
    Really how can "Master of shadow" and "Disapearing" be bad in pvp ?

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

As a DK the class thats giving me more trouble are rogues and their disarm and stupid poison lol my mobility is already sucking no need to add poison to that lol its as if I was rooted

Okay Mut and Sub are both viable for pvp, however I personally find sub better than mut. I mean mut can do great dmg and poisons can burn them down pretty quickly, but sub is just better for mobility and they buffed the passive bonus to the spec slightly. If you know how to use sub then it is def the best spec imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Assasination is not crap, and because you can beat something in 1vs1 doesnt mean they suck, I as an assasination rogue has never lost vs arms warrior, ret pala or ele/enh shammy, doesnt make them suck.

sry um a good rogue will NOT lose to a ret paladin. It's a fact. Recup + cc + amazing defensive abilties as well as insane offensive abilities combined with a permanent slow (almost literally), and control...

na... rogues are still top tier 1 v 1 vs melee.