Question Howmuch does Warcraft cost?

*It's for a friend. I've purchased each expac at full price and time of relevance.

Is there an option to go from a trial version of WoW straight to cataclysm? As in pay for but skip to process of having to install 3 different expacs? We will be leveling fairly quickly and do not want to stop every 10 levels (once were 60) to install a new expac.

Basically.. can he make one payment and have access to all content?

you have to buy all expansions but you only have to install cataclysm.
    You have to upgrade your account for all expansions on your battle net account that you created when you started playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They actually had a deal on their website a while ago where you could get the old xpacs REALLY cheap. But yeah, you have to purchase them all and apply the game codes, but you only have to use the cata installation and it skips all the old disks that are unneeded.

If you do digital DL, I believe you get the latest patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".

You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

You have to buy all 4 games, and enter all 4 key codes into the battle.net account, but just install Cata, it will automatically install all 4 at once. Not sure on prices, but you can get all 4 for around $100 or so, they mentioned making a battle chest with Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath, but I forget the price, either $20 or $40 I think, then $40 for Cata

Ok that makes sense about only needing to install cata.

But shit thats alot of money: 39.99 for battlechest + 39.99 for WOTLK + 39.99 for Cata is like $136.67.. not sure hes up for that kind of investment on top of a monthly fee..

Thanks anyways guys!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    it costs alot. But the great thing about WoW is. Once you pay for it all, and get into playing, youll never want to do anything else. So in a way you save money no dates, movies, fancy dinners, lol. I know alot of people like that.

OT: idk. thats all I got.. lol

I don't know if its still available, but for a while you could get Classic+BC+WotLK for like $20 before cata came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    *It's for a friend. I've purchased each expac at full price and time of relevance.

Is there an option to go from a trial version of WoW straight to cataclysm? As in pay for but skip to process of having to install 3 different expacs? We will be leveling fairly quickly and do not want to stop every 10 levels (once were 60) to install a new expac.

Basically.. can he make one payment and have access to all content?
    Sorta related if you have an external harddrive you can copy your wow file onto it and then put it straight on your friends computer rather than having to manually install the discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    Sorta related if you have an external harddrive you can copy your wow file onto it and then put it straight on your friends computer rather than having to manually install the discs.
    that can cause some problems if you use vista

If you try and upgrade your account on battle.net it should give you the possibility to upgrade directly to Cata and save 25% (if I remember correctly) on the whole deal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikena View Post
    What doesnt cause problems using Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    But shit thats alot of money: 39.99 for battlechest + 39.99 for WOTLK + 39.99 for Cata is like $136.67.. not sure hes up for that kind of investment on top of a monthly fee..
    Its 4 games. I dont remember any game that cost you more if you buy it with All Xpacks. the number just seems hugh because not much games have 3 Xpacks to buy (aside from Sims that combined would cost much more)

Quote Originally Posted by mikena View Post
    We are both on windows 7, so I can copy the files. The price tag is what the real problem is imo.

Keep an eye out for a deal. Blizz offered the battle chest over the holidays for $20, (5 original, 5 BC, 10 wrath) and then the $39.99 for cata. $60 is not unreasonable.

Also offer to give him the $15 for the free month you get for signing him up. You will still get the RAF bonus mount and all the other features. He will get 10 days for the recruit a friend trial + 30 days in the box + your free month... Makes it a lot easier to get started.

Just get Vanilla or a trial and see if he even likes it.

Deleted
    i did it for a friend 60 euro for all 3 xpac. on site of blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with a trial first, indeed.

That's what I did. Got pretty much hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerix View Post
    Just get Vanilla or a trial and see if he even likes it.
    He has the trial, and would like to be 85 with me