Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Our guild killed halfus 10 man heroic 1 day before the patch. When we came back at it yesterday, me and the 2 other healers felt like the damage was significantly lower. 1 early death used to be end the fight, but now, it almost felt like a death is manageable.

While it did feel underwhelming to us healers, it was a welcomed change. It still requires a fair amount of preparation and coordination, however it feels more like a natural progression normal Nefarian 10 -> Heroic Halfus rather than a steep curveball fight.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    with the chance to him now you just relase 1 drake at the time and kill it, keep on going untill all 5 are dead and then pop the boss?

if thats how to do it now whats the best order to kill them in

My guess would be Storm -> nether -> whelp -> time -> slate

anyone?

30 mins untill raid start, anyone that can give me an awnser ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    30 mins untill raid start, anyone that can give me an awnser ?
    What we did was (3 healers and 2 tanks setup) release nether, storm, whelps. Kill the whelps and storm, release time. Kill the nether, release slate. Kill the remaining two. Halfus was at ~60% and we killed him with over a minute to spare.... It's laughable now.
    Shadows are cruel.

We released storm and nether, then once storm died , time was released. Once nether died we released whelps. Kill warden then whelps. We didn't release slate.

Our setup is 2 tanks and 3 healers as well.
    Fight length was 4 minutes 51 seconds.
    Could be an interesting stat but we had around 4.1 less millions in damage taken by the raid.
    Last edited by dyalad; 2011-02-10 at 07:00 PM.

Do you want it to be Sunwell again? "LOL BRING 10 RESTO SHAMANS OR YOU LOSE."

Deleted
    I agree with it being overnerfed, we hit a brick wall at halfus before the patch. But the only thing stopping us from killing it in about 5 tries post nerf were the dcs that came on ever ty =/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
    Was wondering when a dumbass post like this would arrive, took about 5-6 mins.

I clearly tried to express that I know we all demanded nerfs and yes it DID need nerfing. I tried to avoid being the stereotypical whiner who complains for change thens complains when it is finally changed.

The point is, this has been nerfed way too heavily which is a shame for new guilds. It doesnt bother me massively I just wanted to see if community agrees
    Was wondering when a dumbass thread like this would arive. Took about 12 hours.

Try to be constructive next time. ~Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-02-12 at 11:11 PM.

We got our first kill using a Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin, Resto Druid, Prot Warrior & Feral Druid; with Ret Pally, Fire Mage, Rogue, Warlock & Shadow Priest. This was 5 weeks ago now. I don't see why everyone is saying that you NEEDED a special set-up to kill it before. The only change we made to our set-up in kills afterwards was swapping the Resto Shaman for a Holy Priest, and our Shadow Priest used his Disc Offspec(we only learnt about using atonement the morning before our 2nd kill).

This week was just a total joke in healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Was wondering when a dumbass thread like this would arive. Took about 12 hours.
    Retards who post after only reading the title and nothing in the thread are more lol than halfus 10 heroic

Refrain from flaming. Best thing to do is report and ignore. ~Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-02-12 at 11:11 PM.

We released everything but the slate at the start. Aoe goes to town on top of the group, single target hits up Storm, once the whelps and storm are dead we pick whichever has the lowest health and then nuke down that drake and the other. We just left the slate where it was.

Deleted
    We have too many people complaining that it's easy and too many complaining its hard -.- If you think it's hard at the moment then please gear up and do other bosses gear up before hand and if it's too easy well done now go do other bosses

Deleted
    This is alittle offtopic but if just someone who recently killed him after patch can confirm it then ignore my post, does Halfus still drop a chest HC token or not?

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    Ok so for weeks there's been posts about how 10M Heroic Halfus was ridiculous because of the raid comp and difficulty, and that it seriously needed to be nerfed. Now there's posts whining about how easy it is. Make up your damn mind. If you feel the need to link you shiny achievement to people and claim you did it pre-nerf then congratulations, that's why there's a date on it.

They nerf raids slowly, that's how they do it. Hardcore guilds get the kills pre-nerf and everyone else gets the kills later. Just be glad these raids don't have a monthly increasing +5% damage/healing buff.
    Please, refrain from making yourself out to be a complete tool. <~ Not acceptable here on MMO-Champion. Don't do that. ~ Buckwald

It's one thing to nerf the RNG mechanic of a counter, and another to make the encounter completely trivial. This is a black and white difference now, not the slight tuning mechanics that was actually needed.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-02-12 at 11:14 PM.

Kind of like when you beat LK with 10% buff and scrubs come along and beat him with 30% and cata talents? Yeah it fuckin sucks. Good thing achieves have dates on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, done tonight with paladin, shaman and druid

no need for disc now

halfus is now a joke

halfus is doable now with any combo, dont need a any special classes. yay for balance for 10man Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
    today we still ran with 3 tanks and 1 shot it without there ever being an "OH ****" moment on the tanks.
    Instead of using the same comp you used pre-nerf, use the comp it's designed for. Maybe you'll have more of a challenge then.
    I'm not going to disagree the changes made the fight on both levels easier, but whining about the easiest heroic boss getting nerfed is sort of meh. Considering how vastly over-tuned many 10 man fights still are, you should accept your bone and go progress further.
    Retired hardcore raider, but still a tryhard.

Omg Zikau! =D

You're right, you didn't hear people complaining about the free loot they were receiving from Heroic Lootship. Like someone else said, there are plenty of other bosses for people to bang their head against a wall about. Nerfing Heroic Halfus is just letting more people progress who were having problems. More specifically for 10 man guilds, who sometimes don't have a lot of people sitting on the bench. It can be really hard for them to meet extra tank and specific class requirements for an overtuned boss, they just have to work with what they got.

One more perspective: We wiped an entire night (4 hours) before patch on 10h Halfus without _any_ real progress (wiped every time during the 1st minute or so). After patch, we downed Halfus on 4th pull (with the norm 2tank+3healers setup), which definitely was something of a disappoitment. Anyway, comparing him before and after patch he definitely seems to be have been hit a bit too hard with the nerf bat; however if you look at the progression from hardest normal encounters to easiest heroic counte, I'd say Halfus is pretty much around the proper tune now; definitely more of gear check than say normal Nefarion which is a somewhat retarded kite-show. We also downed heroic Maloriak this reset which tbh felt a lot more satisfying (actually took some effort to find a tactic to fit our setup etc and beat the berserk timer).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    the first boss of a dungeon is still the easiest heroic?

hm.
    Yes because Magmaw 10 is such faceroll. I'm a terribad player for wiping there!