Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dungeon in Progress

So I'm a tank that likes to join in progress dungeons, just because I out gear them and only do them for my VP, I spam join until I can join one in preogress.

Just spent 30min over the day and all of them were from the start only, did they change something? Oo

Yeh tanks aren't allowed to join in progress ones. OBVIOUSLY GOSH!.

Rng is rng.

People are actually getting them done..........I find myself going through over 20 queues sometimes

heh with luck of the draw working now, a lot of groups can begin facerolling and in my case being a tank and over 350 item score you can commence aoe tanking with trinket/cd's rotations.

As a healer, or dps, I love it when I get 7 Tanks decline the lfd becuase of the fact that it is a full run, not a last boss.

I've found that most in progress dungeons are normally Stonecore on Ozruk lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats changed is that dungeons were nerfed and dmg buffed, so tanks are a lot less likely to quit halfway through, leading to there not being as many tank spots opening in In Progress dungeons.

Deleted
    I hate tanks who do that, stop being an asshole. Seriously, dps and healers are in queue waiting to start a dungeon and they've waited frickin long, it sucks ass to get "dungeon group ready" only to have the tank cancel, get it immediately again and the tank cancels, over and over like 20 times until you actually don't get the "group ready" window anymore.

In fact, I think Blizzard should change the system. If you decline 3 times/afk declines 3 times, you should be kicked out of the queue and get a 30 minute dungeon debuff so you can't queue again. If you want to join a dungeon, join a dungeon.

Or have Blizzard change it so that once a dungeon is completed, everyone gets Valor Points based on how many bosses they helped kill while in there? Though I guess people don't want to join dungeons in progress anymore then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same issue havnt seen a in progress dungeon group since patch day (to bad it was fun that we could just join > leave join > leave etc. untill it said in progress on one xD).

Quote Originally Posted by Herblok View Post
    I've found that most in progress dungeons are normally Stonecore on Ozruk lol.
    HAHA! True! I end up having to tank it... But it's super easy. One question though... Did they fix the hunter's dots problem on this guy? cause with my hunter i have to get into melee to hit him to avoid paralyse...

I think it's removed. Got bored trying to find one yesterday, then ended up entering one.
    It was BRC, first boss dead, 4 people staring at second but the pop-up window didn't have the "This dungeon is in progress" phrase.

STEALTH CHANGE

The Dungeon Finder no longer states whether an instance is in progress.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-02-10 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I hate tanks who do that, stop being an asshole. Seriously, dps and healers are in queue waiting to start a dungeon and they've waited frickin long, it sucks ass to get "dungeon group ready" only to have the tank cancel, get it immediately again and the tank cancels, over and over like 20 times until you actually don't get the "group ready" window anymore.

In fact, I think Blizzard should change the system. If you decline 3 times/afk declines 3 times, you should be kicked out of the queue and get a 30 minute dungeon debuff so you can't queue again. If you want to join a dungeon, join a dungeon.
    totally agree. some tanks are really abusing the (otherwise ok) LFD system. So: 3 declines is dungeon deserter, yey !
    I honestly think that more ppl will get their ol' tanks from beneath the mothballs, as HC's are a lot easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Singstomoon View Post
    totally agree. some tanks are really abusing the (otherwise ok) LFD system. So: 3 declines is dungeon deserter, yey !
    I honestly think that more ppl will get their ol' tanks from beneath the mothballs, as HC's are a lot easier now.
    There is like 2 bosses or 3 that have been made easier, the others were buffed (and quite some for the first and last of VP for example).
    It's just that the LFD got buffed making the randoms easier to run, not the same things.
    And i doubt more people will take out there tanks, the main problem of tanking (aka the fucktards griefing/bashing tanks and being a pain in the ass by the sheer amount of stupidity they display) is still there and kicking as hell.

Edit>> The only thing is that with the buff in LFD, runs should overall be faster (and more complete), meaning there will probably be more tanks running multiple hcs a day, and reducing the time they spend in instance, so it'll make the queue rotate faster and diminish dps queue times hopefully.

(it's one of the main reason the wait time was lower in Wrath, instances were done faster, so tanks were bringing in more dps in instances total).

Quote Originally Posted by Gangren View Post
    I think it's removed. Got bored trying to find one yesterday, then ended up entering one.
    It was BRC, first boss dead, 4 people staring at second but the pop-up window didn't have the "This dungeon is in progress" phrase.
    You will find that they qued during the boss for a new tank, and by the time u got in there they killed him, has happened to me a few times

Quote Originally Posted by phatkiid View Post
    You will find that they qued during the boss for a new tank, and by the time u got in there they killed him, has happened to me a few times
    Happened to me too, they wiped at the last boss.
    Pretty sure they didn't do the first three bosses without a healer.

This is only since 4.0.6 has gone live btw, happened twice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisco View Post
    HAHA! True! I end up having to tank it... But it's super easy. One question though... Did they fix the hunter's dots problem on this guy? cause with my hunter i have to get into melee to hit him to avoid paralyse...
    Sadly, no Lucky me had a nice healer that wanted to dispel. Blizzard broke more than they fixed this patch, but they should've at least fixed this.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-02-10 at 12:09 PM.

Anyone actually got dungeon in progress since patch?

Ah, I wondered why I keep getting "dungeon is ready" tank Xs, "dungeon is ready", tank Xs spam.

As another "asshole" tank (lol), I've been looking for an 'in progress' dungeon since patch, but no luck. Blizzard needs to fix this...now!

But seriously, with JP's dropping with each normal boss, I've been happy to run entire dungeons now.
    Last edited by Gahgoots; 2011-02-10 at 04:41 PM.