Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just Starting on Normal 10m Cho'gal

Was wondering if people had some general tips and trick for the encounter. I have read a lot of strats, but I was hoping that some people had some additional tips to help us on our first kill. Anything productive would be apreciated.

Yell at anybody who stands in shadow crash. If your DPS are having trouble with the last couple waves of adds, have a couple melee help out anyway they can. As a prot Warrior, I find a quick Thunderclap then Shockwave helps quite a bit, I believe it stuns them and I am in no danger of getting my corruption bar up..

15+ Year Old Account
    use 2 healers , a prot pally using shield is really helpful.

theres a lot to this fight, so would help if you had tried it, and could write what your problem is...

but tips? well, one of the more important things is the worship. We usually have 2-3 ways of dealing with this. When theres no add up, we all but MT stack up right behind the boss, everyone in front of the fire mage. Whenever worship hits, he'll simply dragon's breath them out of it. When adds are up, its a little more tricky... people will just have to stun/cc/interrupt... In case the mage gets the worship, i as a prot warrior uses shockwave, and our warlock with shadowfury. This takes care of it...

For the adds, simply kill em at the top of the stairs with the first 2, and the last 2 at the bottom of the stairs. We have a frost DK helping on the add, but else the warlock/mage aoe's pretty decent. On 4th add, you wanna use some CDs, cause theyre pretty hard... Thats when our mage uses combustion and the fireblast thingy to spread it for insane dmg.

In the last phase, make sure to spread out, as people will start puking. Stun/interrupt the adds as much as possible, and make sure the tank takes the boss near some tentacles.

And as ShitShyShoes mentioned, getting hit by shadowcrash = bad, and shouldnt really happen... Also make sure to interrupt the big adds, since they do a lot of damage, and adds... whatever that bar thingy is called cant remember...

I take it you all know the basics like tank swapping and such, so im not gonna comment on that...

Only use 2 healers instead of 3?

the last wave of adds seem to be the toughest and the trans into p2 so far are the hardest part for us.

Use a macro to automatically target the worship afflicted teamies / dispel their MC. There's a couple of good ones out there, and it really makes it a lot easier than trying to target them manually in the mess.

Any idea where to find a good macro for that, I googled it and it sent me to this thread = (

Deleted
    when we started off with cho'gall we had a problem with the enrage timer (i know its a lot of time..but still (and almost all of our dps are ranked on WoL.)) so we swapped tactics to a tactic a bit messier which would be 1tank 3healing it...kinda easy that way...have a dps taunt fury of cho gall; ur mt will need his taunt ready ..so he cant taunt the adds -> need to be misdirected..mt taunts back cho'gall, tanks both with cd's...as a druidtank i split my cds into instincts, followed by barkskin for the first add, second add frenzy reg+glyph and the evasiontanktrinket; third again barkskin+instincts...after 3 adds were dead and the spawns dealt with we dpsd as hard as we could on cho ...so we could offtank the 4th add (also tanked by mt ._.) into the 2nd phase where itll just disappear....also for the second phase its quite helpful to tank cho'gall at the entrance of the room (above the stairs...) since the tentacles spawn more controlled.

now with gear its pretty much a faceroll..eventho if your guys faceroll too hard theyll gather blood :C

hope i could help

if you have people needing corruption dispelled before p2, they're being bad and you should yell at them as such

Hmm, cant post links yet.. but try this: dubdubdub dot macroexplain dot com forwardslash mfb

Should be exactly what you're looking for.

Of course, you will need to edit it / adjust it for your own class.
    Last edited by Jimbop; 2011-02-11 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Note:

What if we blew lust/hero right at the pull? We have been arguiing about it wondering if that will help, we believe we have the dps for the p2 but two tanks and two melee dps, make it kind of hard for the lock/hunter/ele shaman, to kill the adds once we get to the 4th, so we were thinking blowing lust at the start might keep the 4th from spawning.

Cho'gall is probably one of the easiest fights, despite him being a final boss.

Just make sure people don't stand in stuff and keep the bloods controlled and no one should have any Corruption. Personally, I would bloodlust/heroism that last phase (or a couple of seconds after) to finish him and the tentacles off. Bring Cho'gall to a wall to avoid tentacles spawning behind him. If you have competent people that can avoid any damage and that pull efficient DPS, you should have him down in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by wercz View Post
    have a dps taunt fury of cho gall[
    We're yet to down Cho'gall even though we've cleared to him 5 weeks... we're melee heavy (only ranged is me SV hunter and a pugged ranged, usually lock) really can't control the bloods all that well. I'm having our rogue use his GF's mage tomorrow to see if that helps things, but our tanks are prot warrior and blood dk... and the dk's OS is frost, so would be great if we could one tank it. We did try it once but the dk didn't know when fury of cho'gall was coming as there's no timer for that on dbm. How does the person taking fury know when to taunt?

We have 2 tanks and 3 healers and still reach p2 before the 4th add dies We have our group standing right behind (or inside) cho'gall so the warri tank can use shockwave on worship. You should get 0 stacks 2nd tank taunts right after fury. 1st tank goes for the add.
    Make sure you don't have too much melees in your setup since they have a hard time on the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortiai View Post
    Cho'gall is probably one of the easiest fights, despite him being a final boss.

Just make sure people don't stand in stuff and keep the bloods controlled and no one should have any Corruption. Personally, I would bloodlust/heroism that last phase (or a couple of seconds after) to finish him and the tentacles off. Bring Cho'gall to a wall to avoid tentacles spawning behind him. If you have competent people that can avoid any damage and that pull efficient DPS, you should have him down in no time.
    I think you taunt when he's casting it, never done it before, so I can't be sure
    I like being asian :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larcissa View Post
    I think you taunt when he's casting it, never done it before, so I can't be sure
    Once he's casting, he's already chosen his target. You need to taunt before the cast (to my knowledge).

With regards the macro linked above, would this work better?

/target raid1
    /target [help]raid2
    /target [help]raid3
    /target [help]raid4
    /target [help]raid5
    /target [help]raid6
    /target [help]raid7
    /target [help]raid8
    /target [help]raid9
    /target [help]raid10
    /cast [harm]<Insert your interrupt here>

He needs to update his DBM then, my DBM definitely has a timer for it. Basically he just needs to taunt when the timer hits 2-3 seconds.

How do you control the add that spawns if you only one tank it?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    Yell at anybody who stands in shadow crash.
    This, it works