Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm loving this change <3 it really shows how well the developers know our class, as stated above what they are doing is nerfing our mobility and increasing our dmg.. it basically just looks like they have given up and are now just saying "meh screw it, just up some dmg ability ALOT, oh and make it so it takes THIS [------------] long for them to cast it so they can't like spam it and all"

then just fuck the bugs with this class. I'd almost rather take a MC on a 1min cd that is undispensable than this 45sec dispensable crap.. yeaaah we have 0 trash buffs that people can take instead of this, so yeah GL running from that dk chainspamming you ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Again View Post
    it´s simply retarded to think our new MC is like paladins freedom spell, but well, it´s just as I thought on PTR.
    um...Diff clases are.....Different?

in second line just look, we are hunters, the class with most skill requirements, stop complainin and reroll a pally^^
    Wow....I almost pee'd a lil at how much I laughed at this one. . . .

Deleted
    oh , so now vs priest or shaman you can use mc for 0.5 sec and vs mages you actually make Them immune to slow and roots. thats just stoopid, btw as stated above there are some ways to keep mc up for more than half a sec BUT you'll have to spend ALL your freaking cds and thats absolutely not worth it. I 'd like to qq more about this but now isnt a good time. The only person that is more retarded than the 1 who decides hunter changes died yesterday and im kidna sad: /

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Anyone else have the feeling that non of the Devs. play hunters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

Just like it was now time to allow Hunter's to auto shoot on the move. It is time to remove this bullshit deadzone if I am not going to have ways to get out of melee range.

The balance issue is that we have to be at ranged to do damage, and once we get to range, we can stay there too well. They either need to increase our ways to get out of melee but not stay there (reduce concussive shot uptime) OR remove our deadzone so we can cast all our shit while melee sits on us. Just like it's not fair for hunters to kite people all day (in Blizzard's eyes), why the fuck is it fair the melee, and mages, to be able to hump our faces for 90% of the time in arena. This is such garbage.

On another note, MM damage still sucks ass when fighting high res/high armor targets. Just put a CD on Arcane Shot or increase its focus cost and make it hit for 12-14k.

10+ Year Old Account
    lols more mage buffs. Spell Stealing MC is so fun especially when its from a class that doesn't even use magic anymore, I mean isn't that what they said 'we don't think hunter's are a magical class?' Gotta keep them hunter's rooted and put in place, out of arena durrrrr.

Yeah this Cataclysm is made for mages, no question about it.

Honestly, am I the only one who thinks this was needed? Hunters are already incredibly hard to attack as a melee in PvP, This was a needed change. This is coming from a hunter who's been a hunter since Vanilla.

Now, if they added a major glyph that made it undispellable, but not castable on other players, then that would probably be the best course of action. Granted, it'd just make hunters harder to reach in PvP again. ._. I love it on my hunter, but on ever other toon, it drives me nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because something is dispellable does not mean it will be "insta-dispelled". Dispel mana costs are pretty high, and now that you can cast dispel without any dispellable buff/debuff, people actually have to weigh whether or not they really want to cast dispel.

Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN View Post
    Just because something is dispellable does not mean it will be "insta-dispelled". Dispel mana costs are pretty high, and now that you can cast dispel without any dispellable buff/debuff, people actually have to weigh whether or not they really want to cast dispel.

Just my $.02
    Yes, it will. Because it provides immense benefit against the hunter. Its like dispelling wings, BoP or pre-patch barkskin.

If its stolen or dispelled, then the hunter will not get near as many attacks off. Thats worth the mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Honestly, am I the only one who thinks this was needed? Hunters are already incredibly hard to attack as a melee in PvP, This was a needed change. This is coming from a hunter who's been a hunter since Vanilla.

Now, if they added a major glyph that made it undispellable, but not castable on other players, then that would probably be the best course of action. Granted, it'd just make hunters harder to reach in PvP again. ._. I love it on my hunter, but on ever other toon, it drives me nuts.
    I do not think this was needed - at most - tweaked. Our damage is not that great in arena to begin with, not to mention we do 0 damage when sitting in melee range. If we are going to have lousy damage (not counting 3.0 sec hardcasted aimed shots), then we should be able to stay at range so we can at least have continuous damage. If we are going to have great burst damage, we should not be able to get out of melee so easily.

There are several ways Blizzard could have gone about fixing this without completely neutering the class again. How about moving the BM talent Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera to all three specs. This way we are garunteed an opportunity to get some space after melee has had there chance to sit on our face for a while.

At some points right, but shams have less defensive cd's. And don't forget boomkins^^
    ah hell, we suck hard xD i Hoped rly that this is just a joke but rly xD, this is like here, you have an ability, yeah you still suck but Hey Look others do suck aswell^^
    In that Case you ask, Why is my cc so much more crap and they respond with, if you don't like it, reroll than! xD we suck!!!
    Enh Shamans can go Resto. Boomkins can go Feral or Resto. Hunters can... die?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimstrike View Post
    Enh Shamans can go Resto. Boomkins can go Feral or Resto. Hunters can... die?
    Not to mention Enhancement Shamans have Shamanistic Rage (lasts 15 sec) on a 1 min CD. Hunter's get to avoid all damage for 5 secs every 1m50secs. So they have 30% damage reduction on top of resilience, on top of armor when dealing with physical attacks for 25% of the time in arena.

Oh - and they can continue attacking while under the effect.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think that they should give mages the ability to spell steal Aimed Shot while in the air and throw it back at the hunter too. It would make sense given recent blizzard design philosophies.

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

They want to make us re-roll other class,i was pwning almost all classes with equal pvp gear in duel with the master's call 35 sec cd,yesterday i had 1 loose vs a good warrior full vicious.I will try today with the shit nerf,i think i will loose every duel..Fuck blizzard.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

Quote Originally Posted by Rilancio View Post
    They want to make us re-roll other class,i was pwning almost all classes with equal pvp gear in duel with the master's call 35 sec cd,yesterday i had 1 loose vs a good warrior full vicious.I will try today with the shit nerf,i think i will loose every duel..Fuck blizzard.
    You'll lose every duel because every single class in the game has an offensive dispell? I wasn't aware.
    I think people are overreacting in this thread a little bit, what with the whole 'screw blizzard, worst game ever, they want us to die' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhi View Post
    Do you know what happens when you cast master's call and silence the dispeller? Yeah, you keep master's call, and just before silence wears off scatter shot that dispeller, you could try to trap him, he'll most likely trinket out of it. Readiness, scattershot trap him again, master's call if you're slowed again, that new trap has dimished return duration so keep an eye on it and silence the dispeller when he gets out. That's a lot of target switching and shit, but where I come from we call that "skills", and you should be happy our class needs some, that's what makes this game fun.
    Agreed, use all your cd's so the dispeller cant dispell
    That'll surely win the arena match for ya
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2011-02-12 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You'll lose every duel because every single class in the game has an offensive dispell? I wasn't aware.
    I think people are overreacting in this thread a little bit, what with the whole 'screw blizzard, worst game ever, they want us to die' etc.
    Vs a hunter,i am sure every dispeller will make his own macro to instant dispell it.So ..
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually dont care if Master's Call can be dispelled by healers but letting mages Spellsteal it is gonna be INSANELY OP and a one sided fight , there will be no way to win against ANY competent frost mage.. poly the pet and unleash your bag of frosty treats then the hunter pops MC, boom SS and now your a kiting god.... traps are already hard to pull in the heat of battle when you fight mages that zigzag like they are on crack... conc shot glyph was our last hope but that doesnt even work!! ... atleast dks cant dispel. With all the tools mages have already +spellstealing MC with Spellsteal on a low CD and master's call is 45seconds. PVP isnt balanced 1v1...class counter what? i thought hunter was the mage class counter(it used to be along with locks which are a pain aswell but w/e) but now mages will ALWAYS counter a hunter IN PVP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)