Thread: Smite?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    People have attempted time and time again to both persuade Blizzard to implement a holy DPS counterpart to our Disc and Holy trees and make a build based on the ordinary talents. They have all failed.

It was close at being viable back in late TBC. If I recall correctly it was even considered acceptable in PvP and to my knowledge there was a DPS-disc priest at 2400 rating in 2v2.

In raids however? It has always been better to either go strictly healing, or just shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    I never saw the point in a talent that increases the duration of a spell that had a 30 second duration and 30 second cooldown. Can you explain to me why it is better now? I am probably missing something...
    Sorry for the uber late reply. As it was before, you could extend it everytime you casted the spell that could activate it. In this smite scenario, it would be of major benefit since you'd never have to re-apply, it'd always be up. In the general case, 30 sec CD and usage only has problems when you are in midcast and it falls of. if you needed to say, cast sanctuary, you'd have to cast a whole PoH or a ProM. what happens if your ProM is on CD, and everyone is at good health, but the burst aoe is coming? You'd have to waste some mana reapplying.

The issue is less visible if you really don't care about having a 1-2 second window where you can't use your holy word and were forced to do a wimpy "heal" when the tank is hurting bad ect. That was the point to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Sorry for the uber late reply. As it was before, you could extend it everytime you casted the spell that could activate it. In this smite scenario, it would be of major benefit since you'd never have to re-apply, it'd always be up. In the general case, 30 sec CD and usage only has problems when you are in midcast and it falls of. if you needed to say, cast sanctuary, you'd have to cast a whole PoH or a ProM. what happens if your ProM is on CD, and everyone is at good health, but the burst aoe is coming? You'd have to waste some mana reapplying.

The issue is less visible if you really don't care about having a 1-2 second window where you can't use your holy word and were forced to do a wimpy "heal" when the tank is hurting bad ect. That was the point to it.
    Wrong thread?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Wrong thread?
    No, I'm quoting post #11 on this topic, which just so happened to be off the main point >.<

But to stay ON point, Gamdwelf, you're never going to get a viable spec out of smite dps, and for sure not optimal. It can clearly be seen that Blizzard has no intention to make it viable, as smite and holy fire (and Chastise) are only 30 yard ranges, with no more talent to improve their distance, while ALL other spells got to 40 yd (ok, maybe not all, but it just seems like that)
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI