Poll: Do we need an Easy Difficulty Option for 5 Mans and 10/25 Mans?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakudjo View Post
    If you didn't put it there, don't stand in it.
    ok what about the locks lil purple circle and the druids green effloresce or how ever u spell it :P sorry my first time and last time being a troll :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Am I the only one that feels like this game is too easy already?
    Normal and Heroic dungeons, yes. Raids, no. I feel the current raiding tier is about as hard as ICC. The raids are certainly challenging.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Normal and Heroic dungeons, yes. Raids, no. I feel the current raiding tier is about as hard as ICC. The raids are certainly challenging.
    The current raiding tier is definitely harder than ICC was, but it certainly isn't too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    The current raiding tier is definitely harder than ICC was, but it certainly isn't too difficult.
    Definitely agree with this. Especially when it comes to heroic modes... pretty much zero pushover fights. No marrowgars, saurfangs, or rotfaces in sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many people really complain about the difficulty of raiding or of end-game content but it seems like the snooty elitists are at it again with their selfishness about the game. Those who do complain, if ever, don't really go raiding because well, what guild wants to bring a whiny player to raids with them (If they do then I have no idea why they would).

The game is fine where it is. If they want easy mode they can go play on a private server (not that I endorse private realms).

And again I fail to see what's the problem with other players being able to access VP loot with JP's come next content patch. So what if someone else gets a couple of epics? You will still have better epics and better loot than anyone who doesn't particularly raid as much as you do. It's always been that way.

Its an MMO. You really can't just put an easymode in. Why would anyone in their right mind choose the lesser? Like someone who proposed an easymode realm. Who would choose to be in that realm?

I say just shut up and raid. Stop being bothered by what other people do in the game and start focusing on what YOU want to do in the game. No one's telling you how to play the game. Don't go around suggesting how others should play it as well.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that I practically raiding since I started (late vanilla) on my mage and I just don't see where some other active raiders get this notion that they should be treated like royalty and such. Let other people have fun too. You had your chance. Come next content patch, not everyone would have cleared raid content. Who cares? That's the way they want to play so be it. I don't get how the way someone else spends their time in the game affects your playing.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2011-02-12 at 01:42 PM.

Current normal mode raidcontent will become easymode when 4.1 hits, so "the bads" can gear up through 5-mans and buy their epics which are then bought with jp and tackle old content while being overgeared, if they fail even then, they shouldnt even be raiding.

Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Meguas View Post
    More difficulties will do nothing but improve the game, why not try to cater to more people by having more levels of difficulty? Nobody would be hurt by it.
    At least there is one person that thinks the idea is good . Many people will think 3 difficulties will be harder to balance. How so? You got more variables to compare the hard bosses to easy bosses to normal bosses; their hp, their damage, their mechanics and the time that they are activated within the encounter, you can compare them and know which ability is going to be hard on a baddie and what is going to be perfect for an expert player.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Not many people really complain about the difficulty of raiding or of end-game content but it seems like the snooty elitists are at it again with their selfishness about the game. Those who do complain, if ever, don't really go raiding because well, what guild wants to bring a whiny player to raids with them (If they do then I have no idea why they would).

The game is fine where it is. If they want easy mode they can go play on a private server (not that I endorse private realms).

And again I fail to see what's the problem with other players being able to access VP loot with JP's come next content patch. So what if someone else gets a couple of epics? You will still have better epics and better loot than anyone who doesn't particularly raid as much as you do. It's always been that way.

Its an MMO. You really can't just put an easymode in. Why would anyone in their right mind choose the lesser? Like someone who proposed an easymode realm. Who would choose to be in that realm?

I say just shut up and raid. Stop being bothered by what other people do in the game and start focusing on what YOU want to do in the game. No one's telling you how to play the game. Don't go around suggesting how others should play it as well.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that I practically raiding since I started (late vanilla) on my mage and I just don't see where some other active raiders get this notion that they should be treated like royalty and such. Let other people have fun too. You had your chance. Come next content patch, not everyone would have cleared raid content. Who cares? That's the way they want to play so be it. I don't get how the way someone else spends their time in the game affects your playing.
    How will this system not hurt the VP to the JP system? The craftable epics that are obtainable in the next patch will be rather useless. Same stuff that happened in WOTLK is going to happen.

I say this because its better to raid knowing that the era of complaints of stupidity leave this world.

Also I forgot to mention that this idea will promote players to look different (don't know the exact word). I've had this theory where ever since Wrath of the lich king came out, Blizzard made the gear look similar to each other not because they are lazy but its symbolic to how individuals of society are so similar to each other in the context from businesses, from jobs and so on, that they do the same exact things as anyone else. Stupid theory but why can't they bring gear that looks different from each other?? Heck, I would love to have a mining helm considered an epic, s'all good as long as my character can look different to one another .

THere iss allready a easy mode, it's the non heroic mode.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

While I love the idea of an Easy/Normal/Hard mode, its just not going to happen because the development time to make such a thing is quite high.

EDIT: Wait wait are people REALLY arguing in here? Theres nothing to argue about. Everyone gets what they want. No one loses anything.

I'd rather have a Brutal difficulty setting that scales with current Raid content, and can't be accessed via Dungeon Finder. i.e. 5 man raiding.

No additional loot rewards compared to Heroics, but increased Valor Point rewards for completing the dungeon. And maybe a daily quest like what we had in BC and early Wrath.

Nothing overly complex, just...something challenging regardless of what gear you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Am I the only one that feels like this game is too easy already?
    When your 13/13 hc say that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why! Come on... ppl QQ about this everytime... play marbles or go out to GYM, that is easy, if ppl play WoW has to learn to deal with it. But Saddly Blizz want more ppl happy instead skilled ppl playing WoW

Your solo nature means that you're very capable of fending for yourself. It also means, however, that you have trouble finding your place in groups. *Completely true! Do you want to be my friend?*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    You are thinking to much, if you wanna to play a game developer then go ahead and apply to Blizz for a developer position.
    If not then stay back and enjoy the game, you really think that anyone cares about someone's ideas ??

The game is perfect as it is, and it's so easy that even a 10 year old child can play the game become 85 and run hcs along with some ppl at 30sh or 40sh years of age and no one will see the difference.
    No. The game is not perfect as is. And yes, people can express their ideas on forums despite the fact that you do not care what they have to say. Which is ironic because you cared enough to post in their thread.

I have wanted 3 settings since they killed heroics in wrath. Wrath heroics were normal dungeons in every other phase of the game. We essentially had 1 difficulty setting for 5 mans, faceroll. Yes, from day 1.

Cata at least made much better heroics than wrath, but now they are already being outgeared much faster than I expected. They must put in something for PvE players to do when not raiding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may have just sucked in BC, but I enjoyed those heroics pretty much up to the pre-wrath patch.

Raids are just right. Kara was harder than these raids and it still has a special place in my heart. Sooooooooo much better than the pos version of Naxx they gave us.

yes we need all you told. its going to be super awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    you mean they should add a "freeloot while dancing" mode?

normal mode atm is actually kind of "easy mode" you're talking about
    The OP is actually pushing for more HARDER modes(in 5s). It seems like most people just see the easy mode and immediately think they are complaining about difficulty. The "normal modes" would be the current heroics. New heroics would be hardcore. That, I 100% would love to see. - well, I see that their raid model differs and I do not agree there nor with the loot stuff. Raids are great as is. I just want better heroics.

I want heroic-heroics now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me heroic durnholde pre-nerf and a BM that would completely overwhelm you if you did not step it up. I miss epic pulls from Slabs and watching tanks get crushed by charged fists in Mech. God how I miss Mech, even after running it a few hundred times. I love you BC heroics! I miss you!
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-02-12 at 09:46 PM.

Normals should be their own set of dungeons and heroics are an entirely new tier. With the next content patch current heroics drop to "normal" and a new range of Heroics are introduced.
    But thats alot of work, so Blizzard is alreadt recycling the 5mans and labeling it "Heroic".

Lets not give them an excuse to push us through the same content 3x shall we?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't you seen the mass QQ on the forums from people who can't do heroic difficulty? You see, people want to be able to feel like they are getting the best reward from the hardest dungeons. Nobody wants easy mode, no. They want to pretend heroic is still heroic mode but make it easier. Sad but thats what everyone was QQing for.

To fix it they need to remove the "heroic" part. Calling it heroic is going to attract rpers like flies and make them cry when they wipe.

Calling it "Hard mode" and "Impossible mode" would probably prevent people asking impossible to be nerfed (even if it was only hc difficulty). It does say on the tin its impossible so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    You see, people want to be able to feel like they are getting the best reward from the hardest dungeons. Nobody wants easy mode, no. They want to pretend heroic is still heroic mode but make it easier. Sad but thats what everyone was QQing for.
    Sadly, this is very true. Even if they made a new tier of heroics for better players, the scrubs would still try to push them. Like a child skipping straight to double black diamonds, when they belong on the bunny hill, and then crying because they fell on their ass the whole way down. Then the resort has to shut down the harder slopes because kids keep breaking limbs on them.

Ski resorts run under Blizzards philosophy:

"Everyone should be able to ski the black diamonds. Therefore, we are going to convert the old black diamonds into blue squares then take those slopes and call them black diamonds. The bunny slope will now be referred to as the "normal slope".
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-02-12 at 10:06 PM.