Pestilence? Tanking.

Due to the recent changes with the patch of Plague Strike applying the Scarlet Fever instead of Blood Boil. I was wondering if we use pestilence in our priority to spread the debuff to all the mobs in an aoe situation, or if we just apply the debuff to whichever mob we're focused on?

Yes. Its going to reduce damage taken and make you easier to heal. In addition to the 10% dr if you use outbreak your also spreading your 20% attack and casting speed debuff so your also taking some reduced magic damage as well.

My opening rotation for heroics is cc pull, drop dnd on myself and the group outbreak/dg skull to me and then pestilence once everything else gathers up.

15+ Year Old Account
    In an AoE situation like with Maloriak's adds I'd say diseases on all targets are beneficial when you get 6+ adds. I believe all they do is physical damage (although I might be mistaken) so this would definitely be something to consider. My biggest issue at the moment is keeping the diseases up as I am not specced into their improved duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    In an AoE situation like with Maloriak's adds I'd say diseases on all targets are beneficial when you get 6+ adds. I believe all they do is physical damage (although I might be mistaken) so this would definitely be something to consider. My biggest issue at the moment is keeping the diseases up as I am not specced into their improved duration.
    As long you as you don't have to maintain high threat you could "tab-pestilence". That would work something like this (Considering 3 mobs A, B and C):
    1. Outbreak on A.
    2. Pestilence to spread diseases.
    3. [AoE via HS or BB, DnD if off CD.]
    4. less than 3 secs of diseases on your target? Hit "tab", you are targeting B or C now, pestilence
    5. Tab again to pestilence once more or apply diseases to B/C manually.
    6. go to 3.

Might feel weird, but I believe in multi target situations you can increase your survivability by using Blood Runes for maintaining diseases and FU for DSs.
    Of course you have to always sit on a ready Blood Rune and only use it to prevent BladeBarrier to fall off between pestilences. But you should be doing so anyway to proc more F/U runes via RE.
    Also consider using your Blood Tap if you are in dire need of a rune.

In answer to the OP: Yeah basically that's what you should always be doing. Nexus' approach works pretty damn well. After 1-2 mobs died debuffs aren't that important anymore just kill the rest and spare Outbreak for the next pull.
    Last edited by mmoc31890f98ac; 2011-02-13 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasuth View Post
    As long you as you don't have to maintain high threat you could "tab-pestilence". That would work something like this (Considering 3 mobs A, B and C):
    1. Outbreak on A.
    2. Pestilence to spread diseases.
    3. [AoE via HS or BB, DnD if off CD.]
    4. less than 5 secs of diseases on your target? Hit "tab", you are targeting B or C now, pestilence
    5. Tab again to pestilence once more or apply diseases to B/C manually.
    6. go to 3.

Might feel weird, but I believe in multi target situations you can up your survivability by using Blood Runes for maintaining diseases and FU for DSs.
    Of course you have to always sit on a ready Blood Rune and only use to prevent BladeBarrier to fall off between pestilences. You should do so anyway to proc more F/U runes via RE.
    In this case, wouldn't it just be better to hit pestilence off of your primary target? By the time it is nearing for you to refresh their duration, target A should be nearing death...So using it to refresh diseases on your other targets would be best, as it'll be dead soon and doesn't need to be refreshed.

Deleted
    Yeah I just thought of that myself ^.^ In heroics this would be better.
    However if your tanking adds on maloriak, my order'll give you 1 GCD more. Also you only run the risk of 1 un-debuffed add instead of 2/5/8 should you bodge the timing.