Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archaeology 4.0.6 and Rare discover rates

Since the patch the rare discovers I've made have been increased 10 fold. It feels like they buffed this. I've discovered 2 last night before bed and two this morning while drinking my coffee. Anyone else get this lucky or is RNG being nice to this gnome?

What level is your Archaeology and how many commons have you completed?

I've been 525 since December 23rd, I have no idea how many commons are completed, as most of them have been completed multiple times. But I do have 9 pages worth of solved items.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    Since the patch the rare discovers I've made have been increased 10 fold. It feels like they buffed this. I've discovered 2 last night before bed and two this morning while drinking my coffee. Anyone else get this lucky or is RNG being nice to this gnome?
    No offense, but until more people come up with the same increase in rare projects, i'll assume you're just lucky, now feel the angry stares of hundreds of frustrated archaeology-farmers >

must've been a lucky 12 hours I suppose.

Deleted
    havent noticed TBH, I farmed some more archeology post 4.06 and I'm still stuck at 19/20 rares

being nice to this gnome?
    Now that just isn't right

Deleted
    Havent noticed anything either, since patch deployment ive got 1 rare and sitting on 13/20. So it had to be RNG luck

RNG luck, I guess. Yesterday evening Zin'Rokh popped up for me, and while I was collecting fragments in Eastern Kingdoms, I got both Nerubian sites almost in succession. I solved my 2nd Nerubian common ever (as I've hardly done any Archaeology in Northrend), and the 3rd item to pop up was Blessing of the Old God.

only thing i've noticed more of, is the fabled whispers of the Old Gods.

Only seems to happen if i'm doing archaeology for long extended periods of time. I'll go to loot the fragments then either one of yogg whispers from ulduar or cthuns whispers from AQ 40 will play.

I get mostly Yogg.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I solved 4 rares yesterday while grinding and watching TV.
    I also got only commons I didn't got before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    RNG luck, I guess. Yesterday evening Zin'Rokh popped up for me, and while I was collecting fragments in Eastern Kingdoms, I got both Nerubian sites almost in succession. I solved my 2nd Nerubian common ever (as I've hardly done any Archaeology in Northrend), and the 3rd item to pop up was Blessing of the Old God.
    Nerubians can pop 3 days in row just let me finaly see Zin`Rokh in my troll tab

Big gratz anyway, atleast some have fun to have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    only thing i've noticed more of, is the fabled whispers of the Old Gods.

Only seems to happen if i'm doing archaeology for long extended periods of time. I'll go to loot the fragments then either one of yogg whispers from ulduar or cthuns whispers from AQ 40 will play.

I get mostly Yogg.

That comes off Deadly Boss Mods addon.. "make archeology more interesting" option if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    That comes off Deadly Boss Mods addon.. "make archeology more interesting" option if I remember correctly.
    Always did wonder where the source of the whisperings was. Never thought it was DBM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Still having shit luck with my Archaeology, not noticed any increase with rares. Would love it to be the case, since Zin'Rokh has eluded me for a long time now.

I couldn't even find the option for that in DBM.
    2981-6619-3396

Deleted
    Truth is also im only in EK and having 6/7 NE rares, 4/5 dwarf, 2/2 fossil its very unlikely ill notice increase of rares to pop up (13th is Vrykul).

I think you had a very lucky day. Because my luck is still as awful as before . I keep getting cats and mosaics from to tolvir and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...... oh crap forgot they increased the sell price for common and don't want those to drop so maybe yes they increased rares since the common ones are a bit buffed with their drop rate.. Now hafta hurry and sell the crap I had in my bank for a couple of more gold than before 4.0.6

Deleted
    I've not had a single rare since the patch. Also in around four hours of digging in Kalimdor four sites popped up in Uldum which gained me enough fragments to make one Canopic jar which contained mummified remains worth 2g. I know they increased the dig sites in Uldum to increase Tol'Vir collection but thanks to RNG this doesn't mean anything if the sites don't appear.

I wish they would reduce the amount of fossil sites. Last night I had three in Un-Goro crater alone and when I cleared them all one more appeared - Arrrggghhh!

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be luck my friend... Ive been trying to obtain TDD (That Damn Doll) since archeology release and no luck , only solved one rare since patch, ring of the boy emperor.
    Last edited by DoomOfMandos; 2011-02-14 at 03:07 PM.