Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hopefully This Type of Macro Exist

I was looking for a macro for light-well. Im a tank and i love to click the light-well, but i will admit it is kind of a pain to do so at times. I was wondering if there was a macro, so i can hit the button and it will target and use the light-well. If there is no such macro, i will continue dreaming of one.

Thank you all for your time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Interface and Macros Subforum

Deleted
    Pretty sure one didn't exist, but... i think u can target it with a macro(or so searching it says) and blizz added a new "Interact with target" bind with cata, so it might be doable, but it would still require u to target the well. SOme1 with more knowledge in macroes than me should say

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry OP, but Lightwell is untargettable. Just ask your healer to put it somewhere that is highly visible. It has a 20 yard range, so there is flexibility there. It's not hard to click something shiny on the screen while continuing to tank. I understand that it can be inconvenient under some circumstances, but the best you can do is have it in a nice, conspicuous place.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-15 at 07:45 AM.
    For the Alliance!

1) Create macro /tar lightwell (put the macro on a bar somewhere and set a keybind for it)
    2) Go into the keybind menu and set a keybind for the "interact with target" funtion
    3) Create a macro /targetlasttarget (and put on a bar and set a keybind for it, or is it in the keybind menu already? meh, either way).

So then you have to hit either 2 or 3 keys in quick succession and it will start the HoT and you will be back on your target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the lightwell targetable? I didn't think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjee View Post
    1) Create macro /tar lightwell (put the macro on a bar somewhere and set a keybind for it)
    2) Go into the keybind menu and set a keybind for the "interact with target" funtion
    3) Create a macro /targetlasttarget (and put on a bar and set a keybind for it, or is it in the keybind menu already? meh, either way).

So then you have to hit either 2 or 3 keys in quick succession and it will start the HoT and you will be back on your target.
    Lightwell isn't targetable any more. There is no macro possible to click it any more, they originally did this so clicking it does not de-select your current target.

Edit: typo fix

Deleted
    Exactly. LW hasn't been targetable by friendlies since Cata.

Our Holy Priest uses a macro to set a green triangle raid icon over the lightwell, and according to him it is possible to target it via macros anyway.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok.... easy way to do this :
    Key Bindings > under Targeting Functions > Interact with Mousover
    Now bind it to a key and have fun getting that HoT Lightwell

May not be a macro to do it for you, but at least you do not end up accidentally messing up your camera angle trying to right-click the Lightwell.
    Happens to me a bunch -_-
    Last edited by Shadowpally89; 2011-02-15 at 07:56 AM. Reason: more info to add

Deleted
    Interact with mouseover would be completely useless.. If youre hovering your mouse over it you could just as easy click.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird why the hell would something that has been able to be targeted be untargetted since Cata, Blizz has had some weird ideas the last few months.

Back to topic there is no macro anymore for it, Pre-Cata there was a macro that used the simple target technique but Blizz doesn't want to let us hit some stupid buttons to play, no no they want more clicky clicky is irritating when a Lightwell is in an open area at first but then everyone has to stack so then it is impossible to use it ><.

So no no no very sorry no is not possible anymore.

Deleted
    Well, pre-cata using the lightwell would make you target it (which is obviously bad for melee DPS since it breaks autoattack). So overall the change is mainly positive.

I think a DK in our guild used some /interact macro, and he claimed it to work.

Lightwell can certainly be targetted, but only by macro commands.

You'll want something like:

\tar lightwell
    \stopmacro [mod]
    \targetlasttarget

and then you'll have to click it once to target, push the keybind for interact with target (unless there is a macro command for it), push the macro with a modifier to get your target back to the boss.

It is pretty much easier to click the lightwell.

This is true, Lightwell isn't targetted by left clicking but it's still possible to target with /tar Lightwell.

If you use a G15 you can bind a G key to use a Lightwell for you by targetting, interacting and targetlasttargetting.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

.. WTF just happened?
    In all my WoW life not even 1 living soul clicked my Lolwell, even if I planted it right infront of a sexy gnome.

.. and now everyone is discussing with macro's how to actually click it?!
    ( I haven't played Cataclysm that much, my main is still a level 81 )

Did Blizzard OMGWTFBUFFED it? Can someone maybe explain the sudden interest in it?

Yes, Lightwell is now good. Not only does it not become your target when you click on it, but you can click on it while the GCD is in effect, or even while you're casting another spell. Basically, it no longer disrupts the DPS or tanking of the person clicking on it.

The only issue I have with it now is when it gets dropped somewhere where it practically disappears behind all the effects. If I see one while I'm not at max health, I click on it. If I'm on my priest and drop one, I expect others to do the same, provided I didn't drop it out of range or on a pile of effects so it can't be seen.

Survival and healer mana is more important than ever and Lightwell does a really good amount of healing that raiders are learning to use when they need to.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla View Post
    Yes, Lightwell is now good. Not only does it not become your target when you click on it, but you can click on it while the GCD is in effect, or even while you're casting another spell. Basically, it no longer disrupts the DPS or tanking of the person clicking on it.
    What the quote says. I love to click it on my DK aswell. Helps tremendously on dragon twins (Blackout says hi) and Ascendant P3.