Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will Power Auras show the ISF buff?

I'd like a nice and visual way of keeping track of whether the ISF buff is up or not. Is there a way to do this using Power Auras?

Yes you can use power auras to track the ISF buff. I have mine set inverted, so it shows when th ebuff drops off in combat. I was trying to figure a way for the aura to pop up with 3 secinds left on the buff, but couldn't figure out how to make that work.

Absolutely, just configure a buff for Improved Soul Fire the same way you would for any other buff. If it's reflected in your combat log, there's something you can configure in Power Auras for it, basically.

I normally set up a timer for buffs so I have some idea of how long I have before it goes away. In the latest version of Power Auras, you can finally change the color of the timer numbers, which is nifty.

Download the addon and play around with it. You may find other intuitive uses for it than just buff uptime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malekyth View Post
    Yes you can use power auras to track the ISF buff. I have mine set inverted, so it shows when th ebuff drops off in combat. I was trying to figure a way for the aura to pop up with 3 secinds left on the buff, but couldn't figure out how to make that work.
    right at the bottom of the timer tab, should have a slider saying hide aura & timer untill time above, simply use it to decide how close to the buff ending you want it before the aura will pop up, i have mine set to 4 seconds due the tiny amount of time the aura actually takes to pop up and to give me a couple of seconds to figure when best to refresh it

10+ Year Old Account
    I use power auras to track my ISF and empowered imp buffs. Back when I was demo, I used it for molten core and decimation, and improved sbolt for afflic. If there's a buff/debuff, it can be tracked.

Deleted
    I was hoping to have a question answered about power auras, but as there are so many threads on here related to both the addon, and the Improved Soul Fire buff, I though I would put my question here.

Is it possible to adjust an already existing aura to play sound before the buff wears off? The sound once the buff is gone is pretty nice, but as it is preferable for us to start casting with around 3-4 seconds left, I was wondering if it could be adjusted in any way? I don't see an option to do so in the sound tab.

Deleted
    you can try out mine if you like, nothing special but it works for me
    just type /powa then import and copy paste the string

Version:4.16; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire; x:425; alpha:1; owntex:true; size:0.34; y:-98; timer.h:3.25; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-167; timer.x:400

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zathoga View Post
    you can try out mine if you like, nothing special but it works for me
    just type /powa then import and copy paste the string

Version:4.16; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire; x:425; alpha:1; owntex:true; size:0.34; y:-98; timer.h:3.25; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-167; timer.x:400
    Does this one play a sound before the buff wears off? I'm pretty happy now with my animation on mine (copied from someone else), but I wouldn't mind changing it to gain the sound 3-4 seconds before it wears off. I'll try it now.

And thanks Meor. I don't really understand how to set up the buffs myself at the moment, I've just been relying on importing copied ones from other threads in this forum. It's good to know the addon is being improved, as, for me, it's already a great addon.

Edit - Zathoga, it doesn't play the sound before it ends, but I'd like to thank you as the animation for it is a lot better than the animation I currently have! A lot easier to keep track of.
    Last edited by mmoc036d815dcb; 2011-03-25 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    i usually play without sound, but anyways ahppy to have helped x)

Deleted
    Version:4.17; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire; x:-132; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; inVehicle:0; combat:true; size:0.2; y:-329; texmode:2; ismounted:0; timer.b:0; timer.g:0.9569; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true

Import this.

Deleted
    Any idea why does the visual warning go off after 5 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    One of the devs here, it should be possible right now by creating an invisible aura with a set duration, but I can't recall how to do it off the top of my head.

We're working on a triggers feature to allow you to set thing up like sounds, animations, color changes and so on when certain conditions (like time remaining) are met, but it's still really early in development.

I'll bookmark this thread and reply to any further questions tonight if I can.
    The absolute biggest thing I've been trying to do is having 2 options on something. Such as on my druid, I want a warning of say, you're @ sub 70% mana AND innervate is off CD. Is this possible atm? If so how? And if not, any chance of it being possible in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really hard to track ISF buff without the aid of a mod. Power auras just seems like more screen clutter to.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Its not really hard to track ISF buff without the aid of a mod. Power auras just seems like more screen clutter to.
    With the defaul UI? No way. It gets totally swamped in all the procs and buffs going off all the time during fights.
    It's the same reason why you need something like Power Auras to track the 4T11 proc.

15+ Year Old Account
    People dont need shit like Tell me when, Forte or any other addon if they use Power Auras

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 11:34 AM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-Auras-Guide

My Power Aura guide if someone need some reading, not supported any more but still a lot of info there to get started.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistlol View Post
    The absolute biggest thing I've been trying to do is having 2 options on something. Such as on my druid, I want a warning of say, you're @ sub 70% mana AND innervate is off CD. Is this possible atm? If so how? And if not, any chance of it being possible in the future?
    This is possible, but as Meorawr said the UI is somehow... well... not user-friendly yeah =) It's a bit like UNIX: you can do maaany things, but you must know so much for doing this.

So, how is it possible.
    You make 2 events:
    1st: a simple event that shows up when your innervate is off the cd. This is easy,
    2nd: also a simple event that shows up when you have less than 70% mana BUT you use a conditional in this event, simply enter the number of the 1st event in a corresponding field

Watch it under number 15.

This way the second event will show up not only when you have less than 70% but also when first event is up.

The image is taken from this guide. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-Auras-Guide
    Read it in whole, and you'll unleash the full power of powa
    Last edited by Dreyks; 2011-04-04 at 12:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, go read it. Took me ages to do all those bloody pictures
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    And how's this for somewhat better user-friendliness?
    And that's no where near final before you complain/praise.
    As for me, I'm perfectly ok with the interface i have =)
    Well, the main "non-userfriendlyness" comes from that bunch of checkboxes on the first page of aura settings. Like... in my opinion they should be organized in some blocks like "Apply to" and inside you can find "enemy", "friend", "focus" etc.

As for the screenshot we have a proverb in my language, sth like "don't show half of the work to fools" Can't say much from the picture, but i like the appearance of the main window, and the "class" section too.

Thumbs up, this one is a very nice addon that can substitute many others.

<3 yay it works perfectly, thanks a bunch (innervate one)

no quote because

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window."