Deleted

Omnitron Defense System 10 Man Heroic

Hi Guys,

we are 10 man guild, having down 4/13 Bosses now. The next one we wanna fight ist Omnitron Defense System. I watched out some sites but i can only find 2 changes in heroic mode:

=> Arcanotron Cast = more Dmg (should be interrupted)
    => Elektron Debuff on Player = lasts 15 insted of 10 sec.

So,
    i want to ask if there a people who can give me some advises/links/guides for the heroic mode of this encounter.

Out Setup:

Feral Tank (2nd Heal)
    Pala Tank (2nd Heal)
    Warrior Tank (2nd Fury)

Rogue
    Warlock
    DK
    Hunter

Shaman Heal (Ele 2nd)
    Pala Heal
    Druid Heal

We can switch whatever Class Combination is best

Deleted
    Each boss will have their speicial ability enhanced by Lord Victor Nefarius himself.

I suggest you watch Tankspot's guide to the encouter which should hopefully make things easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgCGEBMC_uw

Special abilites while enhaced will do:
    * Flamethrower casted by Magmatron will root the player in place.
    * Ligtning Conductor casted by Electron will turn into a "Shadow Conductor" and do damage depending on how close you are to the target.
    * Nefarian will pull everyone into Toxitron's poison cloud.
    * Nefarian will make one of the "arcane pools" grow and exlode after X seconds.
    Last edited by mmoca8c890221b; 2011-02-16 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    * Arcanotron's "Power Generator" will turn into a bomb. It will after a few secibds charge up and increase in size and after three or four seconds explode dealing damage to about 1/4 of the room.
    * Electron's "Lightning Rod" spell will deal raidwide damage and deal more damage the further away the player targeted are from you.
    * Toxitron will occasionally drag everybody inside his existing poison cloud.
    * Magmatron's "Acquiring Target" spell will root the player.

Those are the changes for this encounter. Note that all these buffs (as described in various videos) are triggered by Lord Victor Nefarius.
    Last edited by mmoc79be39102d; 2011-02-16 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    * Arcanotron's "Power Generator" will turn into a bomb. It will charge up and after a few seconds explode dealing damage to about 1/4 of the room.
    * Electron's "Lightning Rod" spell will deal raidwide damage and deal more damage the further away the player targeted are from you.
    * Toxitron will occasionally drag everybody inside his existing poison cloud.
    * Magmatron's "Acquiring Target" spell will root the player.

Those are the changes for this encounter.
    Its a random chance on happening, this isnt always the case! so be careful.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advises so far :-)

Do you think Magmaw is easier than Omnitron?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The are few things that aren't covered by simple description of abilities. For example:
    Before Power Generator explodes, it will still give damage/mana buff. This means that your tank better move fast, as it increases golem damage by 100%, instead of usual 50% and is quite deadly.
    You can't Cloak/Bubble Lightning Conductor - now perhaps it was me just imagening things, but I recall it working on Normal. On Heroic, it doesn't. It still works on Flamethrower.
    Chemical Cloud causes ~20k dmg/sec in addition to usual 50% debuff.

Needless to say, there are also some nasty ability combos, say Grip + Static Conductor + Electron firing his chain lightning in middle of Chemical Cloud.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2011-02-16 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    even though we only spent 3-4 hours wiping before we decided to move on to test other heroics Ill fill yhou in the best I can about the things that we figured out.

RNG fest, so be prepared to "brute force" the encounter until you get a try with good spawns and No crappy deaths from poison cloud + flame or incinerate + shadow conductor.

LIghtning conductor will still pulse 3 times(might have been 4) before it changes to pulse shadow damage so when you get the warning for shadow conductor, move to the perimeter of the lightning conductors range and move in to the perosn once the last electric pulse goes off, not before.

When there is a chance that he is going to grip you in to the toxitron could be aware of the clouds spawn and move immediatly so that when he pulls you in you are not pulled "through" or "into" adds that you are trying to kill, you can easily lose 2-3 ppl instantly if this happens.

Deleted
    Prepare for RnG wipes, sometimes there just isn't anything you can do (shadowconductor+aquiring target on the same person is not a pretty combo)

We ended up completely ignoring sreading on electron, it just complicates things needlessly and chain lightning doesn't do that much damage. The pools are really crucial to this fight, you want healers and ranged dps to use them at all times, stack your raid on top of arcanotron before he puts the pools down to maximise usage, although be careful on hc mode the pools will sometimes start expanding to cover a big portion of the room before exploding doing massive damage to anyone still in the pool.

Also if you have one in your rooster a discipline priest is extremely usefull on this encounter since 4.0.6.

With the high movement and intense healing healers can simply get overwhelmed during this encounter. Discipline priests can keep up good healing on the move for this encounter due to overpowered shield spamming which makes the healing much easier, we were struggling on this encounter untill 4.0.6 at which point it was quite easy.
    Last edited by mmoc79ddf23dc8; 2011-02-16 at 04:18 PM.

There aren't any RNG wipes in omnitron, just poor play.

We one shot it last night with magmatron + electron back to back, so we had shadow conductor on the electron + aoe fire and still managed to heal through it as long as people use CDs.

Even when you get death gripped into adds (the worst) you can run AWAY from them as soon as you get gripped in.

I don't really believe there's RNG wipes on this fight anymore then there are on others. There's something someone DIDNT do that made you die (or did do if they hit a shield or something)

Deleted
    You did it with 4 Healers?

Deleted
    Have your hunter pop Aspect of the Wild whenever Toxitron is active!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    Even when you get death gripped into adds (the worst) you can run AWAY from them as soon as you get gripped in.
    What about Grip during Conductor + getting chained right after? Granted, usually LC is almost over when Nefarian grips, but having it tick even once inside cloud + getting CLed hurts. A lot.
    Either way, saying there's no RNG there is a bit silly. Perhaps there's no "100% wipe", but there a lot of randomness and certain combos hurt far more than others. So far, being 7/13, I don't see other bosses being more random than this one. There might be something like "freezing aberration tank" on Maloriak, but even that has precise timer so you can make precautions.
    'Course, I'm talking 25 here. Maybe it's more controlled in 10. Maybe.