• Horde

47 45.19%
  • Alliance

33 31.73%
  • Equal

24 23.08%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which lore is better, horde or alliance?

This thread is referring strictly to lore, not mechanics or gameplay or cataclysm or fanboi nonsense

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance lore. Poll would help imo

I could be wrong but I think Horde quests have the most lore. Could be wrong..prolly am...
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about "better", but I would have to say that the Horde lore is more inventive... simply because in most fantasy settings, the Humans (and/or closest races to humans) are the good guys, and everyone else is evil.

I really like that there are shades of gray on both sides of this war.
    Both sides have motivations for doing what they do, be it right or wrong.

Edit: I voted Equal in the poll for this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god. Here we go again.

IMO just look at the lore on a race-by-race basis.

Im gunna have to say Alliance.

Humans have a lot of lore, so do Dwarfs, Nelfs and Draenei. Gnomes are the only dud i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Oh my god. Here we go again.

IMO just look at the lore on a race-by-race basis.
    For my post, in my head, I was referring to the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls mostly as "Horde". I don't know much about Blood Elf lore, and from my point of view, the Forsaken are performing pretty fuckin evil deeds, even if it's "to preserve their 'race'"

In my head, the only race that is pretty undeniably "good" are the Tauren (maybe Night Elves), and the only race that is pretty undeniably "evil" are the Forsaken. All the rest of the races are somewhere in the middle, with a good deal of depth.

That is how I define good lore.
    Last edited by RBFxJMH; 2010-11-22 at 06:08 AM.

I did both factions, Horde was a lot more fun.

Alliance but the horde is finally making history in this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    For my post, in my head, I was referring to the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls mostly as "Horde". I don't know much about Blood Elf lore, and from my point of view, the Forsaken are performing pretty fuckin evil deeds, even if it's "to preserve their 'race'"

In my head, the only race that is pretty undeniably "good" are the Tauren, and the only race that is pretty undeniably "evil" are the Forsaken. All the rest of the races are somewhere in the middle, with a good deal of depth.
    Belf lore is basically Alliance.
    The lore they have as a race is pretty recent I think WC3 is basically the start of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Belf lore is basically Alliance.
    The lore they have as a race is pretty recent I think WC3 is basically the start of it?
    I played all of WC3, but that was some time ago. I don't remember much in the way of specifics.

In my head, the only race that is pretty undeniably "good" are the Tauren (maybe Night Elves), and the only race that is pretty undeniably "evil" are the Forsaken. All the rest of the races are somewhere in the middle, with a good deal of depth.

That is how I define good lore.
    Forsaken are were created from the horde and alliance sins there the must depressing race.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 06:12 AM ----------

I played all of WC3, but that was some time ago. I don't remember much in the way of specifics.
    They were in frozen throne.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    Forsaken are were created from the horde and alliance sins there the must depressing race.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 06:12 AM ----------

They were in frozen throne.
    I meant Reign of Chaos, sorry I should've been more specific

As for the Forsaken, from vanilla to wrath, they were gloomy, and more tragic.

Now that the Lich King has been defeated, it seems like as a race, the Forsaken just said "fuck that gloomy stuff, we're gonna be badasses now. Enjoy your plague"

The dwarfs and tauren really deserve more lore then the get.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Alliance lore. Poll would help imo
    Why you have to add the biased poll.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    The dwarfs and tauren really deserve more lore then the get.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 06:21 AM ----------

Why you have to add the biased poll.
    Are you kidding? Dwarf lore is insane right now. They finally found out how they are connected to the Earthen.
    And Tauren discovered the Taunuka...i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Are you kidding? Dwarf lore is insane right now. They finally found out how they are connected to the Earthen.
    And Tauren discovered the Taunuka...i guess.
    Not to mention all the Dwarf lore incoming in Cataclysm. Council of Three Hammers ftw!

I'm going to go Horde. The redemption of the Horde thing with Thrall was fantastic, but now they are becoming more like the Alliance each passing minute thanks to Garrosh "Xenophobia" Hellscream, whereas the Alliance has been the same for fucking ever basically. Get more land, kill these guys that are different than us, or enslave them, hate an entire race because of like 10 members of it that have nothing to do with the faction of the race you hate, the list goes on. The Horde currently is little better, but I have faith in them.
    The Forsaken have the plague, the Goblins have nukes, the Trolls have voodoo, and the Alliance has trees. Who wins?

Deleted
    I voted Alliance.

I love the Horde, however there is far, far too much retcon in Horde lore.

Alliance has the most complex and overwhelming Lore that shaped Azeroth to what it is and has provided the Horde with 2 races ( the Blood Elves - who are former High Elves of the Alliance and the Forsaken - resurrected Alliance soldiers ).

More so some of the strongest villains were at one time or another part of the Alliance and we've had quite a few run-ins with them.

I do not dispute that Horde has some interesting bits and pieces of Lore but they are nowhere near as influential as what the Alliance Lore.

Whoever voted Horde must of not played the previous games or read up the books and comics surrounding the Warcraft universe.

Well most people who play Alliance will say Alliance and most people who play Horde will say Horde. This is not 100% however. Some people don't know what the lore is at all. I find the lore almost equally good for both factions however. Varian being split and then returning to SW is a good story. Thrall's escape from Durnholde and the resurrection of the Horde is an amazing story also. It would be very hard to pick between the two sides. I think Horde may be on top a little as it is not centered around a bunch of political crap as we have in real life on a day to day basis.