Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

My first vote kick ... over a camel?

Hello MMO-Champ users. I wanted to ask your opinion on why I was kicked from a dungeon, so let me set up the scenario.

I was in a regular Lost City of the Tol'vir run playing a frost mage. He's appropriately geared for the dungeon, mostly 333 with one or two quest greens. I was pulling what I thought to be decent dps for a regular dungeon (about 7k dps). We weren't even using cc or marking, just fast pulls and AoE. We downed the first 2 bosses without a hitch.

Now of the other 4 players, three were guildies and the fourth was my brother who was healing and has excellent gear. I couldn't understand why the guildies were even running a regular because they were all geared for raiding and as such, pulling very high dps. "Why waste time in a regular?", I thought.

The kick comes on the trash pulls right in front of the 3rd boss, with the non elite camels. One of their guildies pulled a camel along with the main trash pack that we were killing, so I tabbed to it and killed it along with everything else. The tank then types in party, "kill camel = kick" , "lol". I had no idea what he meant by that at first, but then I see a loading screen and think, "Am I dc'ing?" But no, my brother, who's still in the group says they kicked me. I was stunned and speechless. trying to think of why they would kick me over a camel that they pulled!

Needless to say my brother left the group after that. So please help me understand what or why I was kicked. Were they just being elite jerks? Or did I fail in some way?

This was my first kick from a group ever on any of my toons. I've tanked, healed and dps'd since before TBC and consider myself to be knowledgeable in those roles. I am polite to others and try to be the guy looking out for others in the group. We hadn't even talked much, it was one of those "silent" runs.

TLDR: I joined an overgeared mostly guild group in a regular Lost City run. Kill a camel. Get vote kicked... Why?
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think." - Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.) - Starship Troopers

Guild Member : What If I'm suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion and can't join you for the raid tomorrow?
    Guild Leader : Then you'll have to control your mouse with the other hand.

They probably replaced you for a friend that needed gear. Remember, this is why vote system is being changed (post) to avoid people forming guild/friend groups and kicking the 1 or 2 people that join randomly -just in order to replace and invite another friend.

That's what I think happened. The camel had nothing to do with your removal.

Deleted
    Two camels in a tiny car, mate... two camels...

Deleted
    Um.. why did your brother kick you? (If you don't know, the latest hotfix made it so that a group of 3 people can't kick someone without the other of the two randoms concenting.)

Deleted
    Because they can. I cannot see any valid reasons for them to kick you for killing a camel. They were probably good around on Vent and decided to kick "the camel hater". The only explanation I can think of. I in no way support this, but maybe this gives you some clarification that you were in no way at fault, and those guys were just jerks.

They were running normals for quick rep runs. They didn't need you or the healer for the run as you are both replaced almost instantly when they have a tank. They were in a position of power and being douches of extreme douchery because they wouldn't have to wait.

Camel's have feelings too...

15+ Year Old Account
    the dungeon finder hotfix wont go live till next server restart, its not applied yet

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Um.. why did your brother kick you? (If you don't know, the latest hotfix made it so that a group of 3 people can't kick someone without the other of the two randoms concenting.)
    Eh what? A kick only requires 3 votes to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    .....May I teach you this. People are retarded, and they are dicks. Live with it.
    As he said

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfix probably was not implemented yet.

That hotfix requires realm restarts, which will most likely happen Tuesday.

OP-That is totally lame. Sorry to hear about those kind of jerks.

Deleted
    did i read that wrong? or was you kicked in combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Hotfix probably was not implemented yet.
    Nope, i believe the hotfix isn't taking effect until the next tuesday maintenance.

This is also a prime example of why harsher restrictions are being put in place, a large portion of the WoW community lacks the maturity and intelligence to be allowed the freedom some of these systems give them over other people.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I should also add, this happened on the day before yesterday. Which I believe is before the hotfix, no?

Edit: Several posters beat me to that explanation. Thanks

did i read that wrong? or was you kicked in combat?
    No, it was after the pack was killed.
    Last edited by Chronokiller; 2011-02-18 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Corrections
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think." - Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.) - Starship Troopers

Guild Member : What If I'm suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion and can't join you for the raid tomorrow?
    Guild Leader : Then you'll have to control your mouse with the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    Eh what? A kick only requires 3 votes to pass.
    The patch notes, read them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronokiller View Post
    Were they just being elite jerks?
    Yeah, pretty much...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronokiller View Post
    I should also add, this happened on the day before yesterday. Which I believe is before the hotfix, no?
    I guess. But yeah, this is the reason blizzard made this stupid hotfix: A tiny minority of guilds are made up of only 12 year olds who enjoy to grief people. Before the hotfix, they did stuff like this. After hotfix, they go 2 per group and refuse to leave instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epeeange View Post
    That hotfix requires realm restarts, which will most likely happen Tuesday.

OP-That is totally lame. Sorry to hear about those kind of jerks.
    Then why are people making topics about tank queue hopping still being an issue SINCE the hotfix?

I guess. But yeah, this is the reason blizzard made this stupid hotfix: A tiny minority of guilds are made up of only 12 year olds who enjoy to grief people. Before the hotfix, they did stuff like this. After hotfix, they go >2 per group and refuse to leave or play instead.
    Pretty much this.

But I don't see a readily-available solution to that problem. Other, obviously, than removing the timer on vote-kicks all together, which nullifies some of the new restrictions.