Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    The patch notes, read them.
    "We’re making a number of hotfixes to address use of the Dungeon Finder and vote kick tools. The following hotfixes will require realm restarts to implement, which are likely to be next Tuesday’s weekly maintenance"

So, Ezzet was correct. This change to vote kicking will not be in effect until after maintenance next Tuesday. So, as it stands now, it still only requires three votes.
    90 Human Rogue | 90 Dwarf Shaman | 89 Night Elf Druid | 85 Worgen Hunter | 83 Human Priest | 81 Draenei Death Knight | 74 Pandaran Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Um.. why did your brother kick you? (If you don't know, the latest hotfix made it so that a group of 3 people can't kick someone without the other of the two randoms concenting.)
    His brother didn't kick him the other 3 ppl did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    His brother didn't kick him the other 3 ppl did.
    After hotfix, 4 people is needed. Question is if the hotfix is up, it sure seems it is in other topics. Maybe it's up in EU, our maintanence is on wednesdays.

The reason those guys were geared and doing reg's was so they can farm rep easier than in a heroic.

They ended up kicking you for shits and giggles I suppose. Don't take it to heart.. next week it wont be happening anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um.. why did your brother kick you? (If you don't know, the latest hotfix made it so that a group of 3 people can't kick someone without the other of the two randoms concenting.)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The following hotfixes will require realm restarts to implement, which are likely to be next Tuesday’s weekly maintenance.
    It's not active yet, if it was he wouldn't be kicked (unless his brother wanted him to be) ^^

As for OP, does it really matter? Seeing how your brother is playing a Healer you can easily queue up again for a relative quick queue, you can also put the others on ignore (since cross-realm ignore is functioning)

Then why are people making topics about tank queue hopping still being an issue SINCE the hotfix?
    Same reason. The hotfix can't be implemented without realm restarts, which Blizz said will likely happen with Tuesday maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronokiller View Post
    Hello MMO-Champ users. I wanted to ask your opinion on why I was kicked from a dungeon, so let me set up the scenario.

I was in a regular Lost City of the Tol'vir run playing a frost mage. He's appropriately geared for the dungeon, mostly 333 with one or two quest greens. I was pulling what I thought to be decent dps for a regular dungeon (about 7k dps). We weren't even using cc or marking, just fast pulls and AoE. We downed the first 2 bosses without a hitch.

Now of the other 4 players, three were guildies and the fourth was my brother who was healing and has excellent gear. I couldn't understand why the guildies were even running a regular because they were all geared for raiding and as such, pulling very high dps. "Why waste time in a regular?", I thought.

The kick comes on the trash pulls right in front of the 3rd boss, with the non elite camels. One of their guildies pulled a camel along with the main trash pack that we were killing, so I tabbed to it and killed it along with everything else. The tank then types in party, "kill camel = kick" , "lol". I had no idea what he meant by that at first, but then I see a loading screen and think, "Am I dc'ing?" But no, my brother, who's still in the group says they kicked me. I was stunned and speechless. trying to think of why they would kick me over a camel that they pulled!

Needless to say my brother left the group after that. So please help me understand what or why I was kicked. Were they just being elite jerks? Or did I fail in some way?

This was my first kick from a group ever on any of my toons. I've tanked, healed and dps'd since before TBC and consider myself to be knowledgeable in those roles. I am polite to others and try to be the guy looking out for others in the group. We hadn't even talked much, it was one of those "silent" runs.

TLDR: I joined an overgeared mostly guild group in a regular Lost City run. Kill a camel. Get vote kicked... Why?
    They were just being immature people, enjoying their "vote kick god complex". Don't take it personal... next time let the camel kill the mofo.

Usually, if a DPS pulls something, and I am tanking, I will let the thing hit that guy for a second or two just to make sure and let everyone know who pulled it. If he dies, so be it. His fault. I'm I'm heals, I'll make sure the tank knows a mob pulled, and once the tank sees whot he mob is beating on, I'll up and stun the mob or something...

...If I am DPS and another DPS pulls some random crap, I simply keep doing my job, don't touch the mob until the tank does. If the other guy dies, so be it.

You probably could have avoided the situation if you would have done the same. The tank would have made some comment to his buddy that pulled, or maybe not even said a word, and kept on going. Next time, let the punk die.

I once got vote kicked for voting no on a vote kick...looking forward to the changes.

I vote kick people in 4/5 Guild runs for fun. I'll admit.

15+ Year Old Account