Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    wut?

If you don't like MMO-Champ or the way we run things, we're not forcing you to stay.

Also, we don't pick the ads. They are picked at random based partly on ad preferences. I have a BMW ad trying to convince me to buy an M3 Sedan right now, and I'm not asking for a sub-forum for that.
    How much more money does MMORPG pull in compared to curse because they decided to appeal
    to several MMO's and not set-up seperate sites for each indivisual MMO?

You call it mmo-champion and way back when it actually used to be used to for that. Now it
    is used to get on Blizzards good side so they will leak some patch notes to you guys.

Honestly how much preasure are you guys under to make Rift threads go away by Blizzard? I
    know they are handing out 30 days bans over on the WoW even when WoW hardcore fanbois trash
    Rift in the thread and give liek 30 different reasons why WoW is better.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    wut?

If you don't like MMO-Champ or the way we run things, we're not forcing you to stay.

Also, we don't pick the ads. They are picked at random based partly on ad preferences. I have a BMW ad trying to convince me to buy an M3 Sedan right now, and I'm not asking for a sub-forum for that.
    Those are nice cars! Go drive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    How much more money does MMORPG pull in compared to curse because they decided to appeal
    to several MMO's and not set-up seperate sites for each indivisual MMO?

You call it mmo-champion and way back when it actually used to be used to for that. Now it
    is used to get on Blizzards good side so they will leak some patch notes to you guys.

Honestly how much preasure are you guys under to make Rift threads go away by Blizzard? I
    know they are handing out 30 days bans over on the WoW even when WoW hardcore fanbois trash
    Rift in the thread and give liek 30 different reasons why WoW is better.
    This site never covered any other MMO. Boub picked the site name anticipating to cover others, but decided to keep it all WoW when he saw how much traffic he was getting just from WoW news when the site launched.

15+ Year Old Account
    We are under no pressure to make Rift threads go away. All Rift threads I've locked have been through my own choosing because I felt they related too much to a thread already in the works or they were pointless (See the thread that was created however long ago that was simply titled something like 'only 6 days until...' and inside was a message that said '6 days until rift launches' or whatever it said).

We aren't affiliated with Blizzard, I'm not sure why you still think we are. Blizzard doesn't leak patch notes to us either.

Quote Originally Posted by writerbythelake View Post
    Those are nice cars! Go drive one.
    I have, but they get mileage for a commuter car, sadly
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by jadakin View Post
    First Amendment has no place on the internet, since the internet is not America. Sites are owned and operated and are governed under their terms of service. No obligation or right is granted to any user. NCSoft doesn't make Curse do anything. What they can do is ban them from using any copyrighted material and not give them exclusives of news/articles/interviews. They also can stop promoting Aionsource on their official site. That's how you put pressure on a third party that you are in bed with.
    Well, the internet is global, but that said it is contained in every country, and wherever the user is located generally determines what laws have jurisdiction over his conduct.

One of the first amendment principles at play for journalists covering a corporation or product is "fair use". A company can try to assert copyright, but it doesn't go very far. Journalistic coverage is well protected. Companies send out threatening letters and even sometimes file frivolous suits, but if you know how and have the means to defend yourself, you can go a long way with journalistic coverage.

And huh I'm going to lock that thread because my reply pretty much covered it.

Also, if you're going to use Rift as a subject to troll my forum continuously, chances are that I'll kick your ass too. People posting legit concerns are fine, people trying to get attention aren't.