Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mine guild would harass the hunter immediately xD

Using a sub-optimal pet/buff/anything in my raid is not acceptable.

We have one raiding hunter... Yes I would know.... We use the pets specials some times... EG heroism

Deleted
    We kinda talked shit about one of our hunters leveling his pets in our daily heroics runs.
    He actually has a neat set of pets and always thinks for himself or asks which buff would benefit the raid most.

Just one thing I can't stand are those little monkeys that make sooo much noise in the melee. Goddamn irritating these little buggers.

If buffs are already covered (almost always the case in 25s), who cares what pet you bring? They will all do the same dps. People calling you out for using whatever pet you like most in that case are just misinformed.

If my raid has all buffs brought to the table, I just use a cunning pet for my dps. Often I use a monkey because it pisses off one of our tanks and melee warriors, and they refuse to turn off their sound.

My GM actually loves it when I do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Rasuth View Post
    We kinda talked shit about one of our hunters leveling his pets in our daily heroics runs.
    He actually has a neat set of pets and always thinks for himself or asks which buff would benefit the raid most.

Just one thing I can't stand are those little monkeys that make sooo much noise in the melee. Goddamn irritating these little buggers.
    So if he's a considerate person and is thinking of the needs of the raid first, why talk crap about him? A responsible hunter is going to be leveling a LOT of pets, leveling them via heroics is a perfectly reasonable way of doing it.

Deleted
    "Shit talking" in that sense meant joking about him. With him. It's fine, we all know each other and had a lot of fun
    It's kind of a running gag, "Why is your dps so low? Oh you're leveling your pet..." As if it would matter ^^
    After two days of doing nonstop heroics he was finished. So all's well.

i'm in a more serious raiding guild and they would notice immediately, but when i do randoms the easiest way to spot a huntard is by his pet. if i see a hunter come in with a turtle or a snake or something else stupid, i know they're a poor player. yeah, maybe it looks cool, but come dungeon/raid time, if you're not serious, i'm not going to be serious about healing you.
    /rollface

My guild trusts my judgement, with that said my typical pet is the ravager for the 4%. Just want to point out to hunters in a more casual guild if you're wondering what buff your raid might need based off of the makeup there's a nice addon called raid checklist I got it off of curse. Its very handy in showing who can bring what buff and lets you plan your pet line up accordingly.

snake provides sunder, not useless, Raptor is better for dps and brings same debuff, but know what you are talking about before flaming

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'd definitely notice. I may not remember every debuff off the top of my head, but if I don't remember, I WILL look it up.

I remember the important ones, like ravager, dragonhawk/wind serpent, raptor, cat, wolf, and of course our friends Bloodlust, Kings and Fort.

Quote Originally Posted by Envi View Post
    i'm in a more serious raiding guild and they would notice immediately, but when i do randoms the easiest way to spot a huntard is by his pet. if i see a hunter come in with a turtle or a snake or something else stupid, i know they're a poor player. yeah, maybe it looks cool, but come dungeon/raid time, if you're not serious, i'm not going to be serious about healing you.
    You can't judge a player by what he has in the dungeon. Like Herecius said, he might be leveling a pet specifically for raid. What if he's leveling that turtle for Nefarian adds? Does that make him a "not serious" player?

Also, I heartily disagree with your "don't heal the hunter with the bad pet" policy, because of the above, and because it's plain not nice. When he starts standing in the bad and refusing to move, THEN it is acceptable to let him die. Don't judge him before you actually see his performance.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-20 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    In my guild it would get noticed and mentioned within seconds.
    More hunters should bring Tallstriders to raids. They be epic.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina View Post
    More hunters should bring Tallstriders to raids. They be epic.
    I love my tallstrider, but I'd only bring him out if there were every possible buff to be brought already covered, and if I felt like having a little fun. Raid>lulz.

Purple bird ftw!
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-20 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I love my tallstrider, but I'd only bring him out if there were every possible buff to be brought already covered, and if I felt like having a little fun. Raid>lulz.

Purple bird ftw!
    Pink Bird > Purple Bird.

But from what I been seeing, some people have gotten a little used to the fact Hunters pets give buffs now. Every time I went to a Raid, I would have a Mage asking me if I could pull out a Dragonhawk, or Rogue asking for a Ravager. Its like I am supposed to offer a Service now. I personally like to Raid with the Pet I'd prefer to raid with (within reason of coarse).