Thread: Hunter hotfix

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shjak View Post
    Indeed. However, it does not state which kind of hotfixes that would require a restart - but seeing from all the feedback it's fair to assume that the changes will be in effect this Tuesday (most likely Wednesday for EU).
    Many realms have actually been restarting nightly, doing 5 minute restarts just to apply the hotfixes that have been rolling out.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil View Post
    Most certainly for pvp, and also for some raid fights the rest of the wow community is going to have to deal with aspect of the hawk noise spam. It's absolutely worth it now to macro Hawk in to all of our instants, to the bane of all who play with sound effects on.

Anyone know how to remove/change the sound for Aspects?
    This would be dumb, seeing as hitting aoth twice cancels it, and it's not totally off of the GCD, but rather aspects have their own separate GCD shared mutually between them.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about the Aimed Shot nerf, but the Hawk buff isn't live yet.

Not in yet, still doing about the same amount of dmg with it on the dummy. I really hope they reconsider before this shit goes live, this is not going to make MM playstyle any different at all (arcane shot sucks) and its just going to nerf our dps, which on raid boss fights is just fine atm IMO (with the aded fact that it sucks dick during movement). This is getting lame as shit, should have just left SV alone and made MM not be the most awkward spec this game has had.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2011-02-19 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhoof View Post
    Also, will the AiS nerf be enough to make MM hunters use AS as a focus dump, rather than hardcasted AiS? <---Taking about PvE.

Hopefully.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Not sure about the Aimed Shot nerf, but the Hawk buff isn't live yet.
    Neither is. Apparently they require a restart of the realm. So soon™ to be live :>

I would have much rather that they nerfed aimed and buffed steady shot instead of hawk. At first glance, it's not a terrible thing for pvp or pve(will wait until it's live to say this with conviction).

Most certainly for pvp, and also for some raid fights, the rest of the wow community is going to have to deal with aspect of the hawk noise spam. It's absolutely worth it now to macro Hawk in to all of our instants, to the bane of all who play with sound effects on.

Anyone know how to remove/change the sound for Aspects?
    Are you speaking with regards to moving with AotF? In that case, couldn't you use /cast! Aspect of the Hawk in the macros to avoid it being hit twice and deactivating, Herecius? Either way, seems like too much work than it's probably worth. Or maybe I'm confused...?

I was just posting about this in the Official forums, this is what i got

now 2637.

Talented with One with Nature, 3428.1 (2637*1.3)

add onto that 10% TSA, 3770.91 (3428.1*1.1.)

If you are BM (25% more AP) and you have the 10% raid buff you'll get 4713 AP

so nearly 5k AP from a single source is a CRAZY BM Buff...
    It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

"you are the offspring of some deformed idiot savant super-villain who an unfortunate belief in the pull-out method"

This is gonna rock as BM.... :O

Quote Originally Posted by Zack027 View Post

now 2637.

Ridonculous, completely ridonculous.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack027 View Post

now 2637.

It'll be about 3,4k AP buff if you take into consideration that you already have 637 AP from it live, and only calculate with the 2000 AP they said they would add to it. But still, very awesome :>

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    This would be dumb, seeing as hitting aoth twice cancels it, and it's not totally off of the GCD, but rather aspects have their own separate GCD shared mutually between them.
    Aspects have their own GCD, and it lasts as long as the standard GCD. If you macro hawk with an instant, fox will still be ready to go once the instant is done.

There is a macro command that is superior to the standard /cast command. I believe it involves "!", but I forget off-hand the syntax. I have a macro for toggling between fox and hawk on my hunter, that's something to the effect of:
    "/cast sequence !Aspect of the Hawk, !Aspect of the Fox", bound to "T" so that I can instantly switch between the 2 with just one button.
    Relevant point here is that if I've remembered the syntax correctly, "/cast !aspect of the hawk" will *not* turn off hawk no matter how many times you hit it. Warriors use something similar for heroic strike (or did, when it was on next melee swing).

I don't really see how this hurts movement that much, to be honest. You only need fox if you're casting SS while moving, and it's not typically that hard to move while casting instants and stand for CS/SS. Even if your dps does suffer while moving.... welcome to every other class in the game? I'm not sure why hunters all of a sudden feel that because they can auto-shot while moving without stutter stepping, they are entitled to be the only class in the game that can continue its full uninterrupted rotation at maximum dps no matter the circumstance, while all casters are prevented from using their cast time spells while moving and melee is unable to fight if they're forced out of melee range. As it is, you're able to do your full rotation at full dps unless you need SS/CS, in which case you simply have to accept a dps loss while casting those shots alone.

Aside from the fact that this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone (they explicitly said this was their plan), I don't understand why there is so much surprise that Blizzard wouldn't want MM using AiS as a focus dump. Aside from the fact that it feels clumsy and awkward compared to AS (not talking damage here, talking mechanics), it renders the Master Marksman talent far less interesting and powerful (not counting the bug where you can get 2 free AiS if you're casting AiS when you get your fifth stack). Yes, it's MM's signature ability, but as I've said before, Pyroblast is Fire's signature ability, and they never cast Pyroblast without a hot streak proc, so it's not like this is unprecedented behavior.

All that said, my concern about changes like this is that they always seem short-sighted. That doesn't make it a band-aid fix per se, but if MM (and all hunters) are balanced around this flat 2000 AP boost, that's a boost that will not scale with anything. Scaling issues always give Blizzard hell, but this seems like it's just adding more ways for such things to screw up the balance between specs and/or classes.

/cast !Aspect of either will not cancel it even if spammed. Many pvpers have been doing this for awhile.

/cast !Aspect of Fox
    /cast Steady

/cast !Aspect of Hawk
    /cast Instants
    Last edited by rasmil; 2011-02-19 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmmmm, wonder how BM will be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Aspects have their own GCD, and it lasts as long as the standard GCD. If you macro hawk with an instant, fox will still be ready to go once the instant is done.

There is a macro command that is superior to the standard /cast command. I believe it involves "!", but I forget off-hand the syntax. I have a macro for toggling between fox and hawk on my hunter, that's something to the effect of:
    "/cast sequence !Aspect of the Hawk, !Aspect of the Fox", bound to "T" so that I can instantly switch between the 2 with just one button.
    Relevant point here is that if I've remembered the syntax correctly, "/cast !aspect of the hawk" will *not* turn off hawk no matter how many times you hit it. Warriors use something similar for heroic strike (or did, when it was on next melee swing).
    I stand happily corrected. I've never used macros all that often, so that does indeed sound like a good idea.
    You're right though; that sound is going to get hilariously annoying.

Alright, so a BM hunter with this talented and with the 10% buff before the patch would get 1138 AP from Hawk, but still, this a 3574 AP buff for them.

Considering (according to Sims and other hunter guides) that BM was close to MM right now, and that KC scales decently with AP, this is a huge buff.

KC gets 51% of AP as damage, this is a direct 1787 damage buff to KC, if you are using it on CD it is a 297.8333 DPS increase
    It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

"you are the offspring of some deformed idiot savant super-villain who an unfortunate belief in the pull-out method"

/cast !Aspect of either will not cancel it even if spammed. Many pvpers have been doing this for awhile.

/cast !Aspect of Fox
    /cast Steady

/cast !Aspect of Hawk
    /cast Instants
    I wouldn't want to do the AotF macro, as you would still want hawk up when you can stand still.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    We'll find out how well BM does. If it over-performs, then blizzard will probably do something. I'm humping surv though and waiting at the dummy for it to go live. I specced completely out of careful aim and into one with nature x3. I fully expect that to eclipse CA now (not for MM hardcast, if they still do hardcast) - for sv.

Anyways, interesting times for MM, BM and SV, and I think 3k+ is going to compensate fairly well for the aimed nerf in all honesty. You'll probably still hardcast it with rapid fire. I can see BM AOE becoming quite strong by having 25% more AP to play with though!

Not sure about aspect sound being annoying, you guys should have always been min/maxing hawk/fox usage regardless :P

I stand happily corrected. I've never used macros all that often, so that does indeed sound like a good idea.
    You're right though; that sound is going to get hilariously annoying.
    There is that.... now picture our guild's 10-man raids which, among other problems, sometimes have as many as four hunters running around toggling their aspects :-P

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its the hunter dps dance, the sound of awesome tinkling through the air.

For those upset regarding pvp, I believe we need a proper fix for pvp - finally the removal of minimum range. I feel we as a community should begin pressure in that aspect. We still will try to get away just as much - just won't be useless doing it! This should prevent healers running at hunters too. Its frankly bizarre pvping having my healer just run up to hunters and hug them while healing the warrior mashing the hunters face. It doesn't make sense when you factor in we can't melee worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    There is that.... now picture our guild's 10-man raids which, among other problems, sometimes have as many as four hunters running around toggling their aspects :-P
    CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW CYAW.

The sound of raiding.