Thread: Back to SV?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate BM, however I also hated AiS Spec...I would prefer MM-Arcane over anything atm.

already there ;xd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onzay View Post
    I hate BM, however I also hated AiS Spec...I would prefer MM-Arcane over anything atm.
    That's the magic of Hunters right now. MM-Arcane, MM-AiS, BM, and SV all beat most of the DPS specs in the game (90%+), so it doesn't really matter what you raid as.

Raid as what you want to be and what your raid needs buff-wise.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Personally I hate the hard cast Aimshot MM spec....its just so clunky and bleh and sometimes for some reason it seems like the instant Aimed shot bugs.
    I like BM, but there are often times the pet is a hindrance...so surv is prob my fav and of course its likely going to be dead last.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If hunters are in a very good place after this, I command you all to shut the fuck up to maximum capacity and don't even breathe on blogs that you need nerfing.... cos after this we should be basically the highest dps in wow. Here's hoping. And if we are op, mantain silence so we stay op

10+ Year Old Account
    2 attempts on cho'gall tonight 16k as mm 14k as surv
    My name is Legion, for we are many

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    If hunters are in a very good place after this, I command you all to shut the fuck up to maximum capacity and don't even breathe on blogs that you need nerfing.... cos after this we should be basically the highest dps in wow. Here's hoping. And if we are op, mantain silence so we stay op
    No we should exclaim that we are too low on dps and need BUFFS...post bogus logs of bad hunters, images of recounts where you went afk, etc...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    Before this MM nerf BM was ahead of survival and now with the buff to AotH and Animal Handler (15% increased AP) BM should be even higher than Survival and possibly higher than MM.
    Where is this Raeynn person so I can have a kool sig?

P.S. Hmm with the buff to aoth and BM might be dps increase maybe not for raiding cuz of the boss fights, maybe I should make my arena spec BM come tues.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2011-02-20 at 03:20 PM.

great another change...i think someone at blizz just hates hunters period. i also play a mage and that class does ridiculous single target an aoe damage. just seems as though any time hunters (any spec) creeps up to the top of the damage meters they get hit with a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post
    great another change...i think someone at blizz just hates hunters period. i also play a mage and that class does ridiculous single target an aoe damage. just seems as though any time hunters (any spec) creeps up to the top of the damage meters they get hit with a nerf.
    None of the devs at blizzard play a hunter, so the nerfs are poorly thought out. They nerfed SV way down, but brought MM up above where SV was prenerf. Now it seems like this nerf will hardly effect hardcasted AiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Imp88 View Post
    This.

Everyone should just play the spec that they want to play. Each spec does respectable dps now, it is not like any spec is horrible and doing like 11k dps. In BiS heroic gear, there is only like 4k dps difference across all specs. Each of our specs can bring dps to the table and supply the raid with buffs if needed. This AotH buff increase hunter dps across the board, which is even more reason we should just play the spec we enjoy. It is not even like we are bottom of the barrel deeps. There are other classes, regardless of our spec, that are doing less dps.

If you are that concerned with min/maxing and doing the most deeps, level all classes to 85 and change them with each hotfix/patch. As it stands now, the balance between our specs is decent enough, the patch and these hotfixes did good enough.

Hopefully more balance in the future, AotH needs to scale, IMO.
    I don't know if you realize this, but 4k DPS is a very significant number. For example, in a 6 minute fight, 4k dps more than another spec yields 1440000 more damage. That could mean the difference between a 1% wipe and a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidjbyrd View Post
    Personally I hate the hard cast Aimshot MM spec....its just so clunky and bleh and sometimes for some reason it seems like the instant Aimed shot bugs.
    I like BM, but there are often times the pet is a hindrance...so surv is prob my fav and of course its likely going to be dead last.
    If you have aimed in a macro, take it out and just drag it from your abilities. I think it being in a macro messes it up. You can probably do some research and get the exact right macro with Aimed Shot vs Aimed Shot! but I just prefer to have this one simple.

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AshestoAsh View Post
    2 attempts on cho'gall tonight 16k as mm 14k as surv
    I personally have always thought that listing your DPS on failed attempts is NOT conclusive. Figure out why the group failed and work on it. DPS numbers only matter if you can't meet enrage, otherwise true numbers are only told after boss is dead.

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    None of the devs at blizzard play a hunter, so the nerfs are poorly thought out. They nerfed SV way down, but brought MM up above where SV was prenerf. Now it seems like this nerf will hardly effect hardcasted AiS.
    The initial burst is definitely way higher right now, but I'm not sure over the course of a 6 minute fight if current MM is higher than SV was then. Either way the nerf was unjustified and unneeded as it was obvious that in heroic mode (ie scaling gear and skillsets) that SV was not top damage. It was competitived but being beaten consistently. I think they should put the 5% agility back for SV and also add an instant weapon damage to explosive shot so that SV will scale going forward. As we are seeing, SV is not going to scale well and will fall to useless as Cataclysm moves on as it is right now.

Deleted
    MM will prob still be a little over SV so it would basically come down to what you prefer.
    I like SV way more then MM (hardcast AiS) so after some testing will prob go back to SV.

Everyone is forgetting that One with Nature is now going to be useful. I know it hasn't in the past, but now with the added AP for Hawk, its going to make up for the nerfs SV previously got. I guess nobody listens to Frostheim but he's been right about everything so far. I've always favored SV, MM isn't really my style, but thats just me. I have a feeling that people are still going to be hard casting Aimed Shot and Blizzard will nerf it again or something else to get us to stop, which is one of the reasons they're nerfing it now. I'm with everyone else who says to just play what you want to play. We're doing decent DPS in all specs. We should be glad we're topping or at least being top 5 on the meters (25man), instead of down at the bottom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I never left SV. :P
    This, I'm in a 10man guild so I am the only one that brings the 10% attack speed buff for myself and melee.

Obviously the Hawk buff will increase our damage more than what it is now, but in theory it should increase every specs damage by the same amount so MM should still be on top but its not sure that hardcasting Aimed Shot will be better than Arcane Shot

I just got asked by our raidleader if I wouldn't PLEASE respec SV instead of MM, simply because it adds more to the raid, entrapment and the reduced cooldown on traps makes for amazing add control any fight with adds. and to tell you the truth I'm happy about it the fact that aimed shot had such a long cast time, blocked auto shots (thus reducing the effect of our mastery further) and the fact that it limits our movement speed just made that spec feel super clunky.

Perhaps if blizzard actually made aimed shot 2.4sec cast time (if not even lower in turn for reduced dmg) and made it NOT reset auto shots it might be aight to play.

if they made kill command a "within 6sec your pet deals such and such dmg" so we can actually cast it while pet is running (or just 2y too far away) compared to beeing instant.. that MIGHT fix some of the clunkyness of the pet

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    BM fanboys need to realize they're not the best DPS spec, regardless of the aimed shot 'nerf'. aimed shot still does great damage and MM benefited from the hawk buff just as much as BM did.

it's still MM Aimed > MM Arcane > BM > Surv. and i honestly have surv hunters in our guild beating BM hunters so i question BM being the worst.
    BM Scales the best from AP. Do you at least have some napkin math for these numbers you're pulling out your ass? Or some simming? or anything? I'm getting MMarcane>BM>SV>MMAimed by plugging in the additional 2.2k AP. MMArcane and BM are neck and neck as well.

Also SV Brings things that MM can't- Heroic Magmaw says hello. Entrapment, and pwnage AoE ftw!

BM does not scale the best from AP. They simply get the most AP.

Kill Command: 51.6% RAP
    Explosive Shot: 69.6% RAP
    Aimed Shot: 115.45% RAP (pre-hotfix), 106.88% RAP (post-hotfix)
    Chimera Shot: 93.2% RAP

And no, current threory is still showing: MM-aimed > MM-arcane > BM > SV, not MM-arcane > BM > SV > MM-aimed

Aimed damage is looking to drop by 8-9%. Aimed is currently ~250% better than glyphed Arcane Shot. An 8-9% reduction means it's still 227.5% better. Note that includes computations on lost auto shots, cast time, etc. The net damage difference between the two is much more extreme. Closer to 300% more per shot.

Edit: The aimed shot numbers are actually wrong since the '200%/160%' scaling number is actually applied to the entire formula. It's actually ~188% and ~150%.
    Last edited by harky; 2011-02-20 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    That's the magic of Hunters right now. MM-Arcane, MM-AiS, BM, and SV all beat most of the DPS specs in the game (90%+), so it doesn't really matter what you raid as.

Raid as what you want to be and what your raid needs buff-wise.
    No... you're playing with people that suck or still have some blues. The only hunter spec beating other classes right now with best in slot gear is marksman aimed hard cast.