Hey warlock help needed....

I recently just got into outlands and i've been gettin complaints about my dps recently.....so i was wondering what should my rotation be as an affliction warlock in the outlands dungeons

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the Warlock forums.
    Dawwwwwww

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what spells you have / dont have at level 60 since I was level 60 at BC launch >.>

Read the affliction stickies for any relevant information about what spells to use, base that off the spells that you currently have, and it should help. If I were you I'd spec either demonology or destruction as dual spec or something and use that in dungeons since those specs have less ramp up time than affliction, where you're only really going to see HUGE DPS after lengthy execution phases, which don't exist in dungeons of your level.

Demonology will probably see the most "overall DPS" because you can just AOE pwn all the trash if the tanks don't suck. Metamorphosis + Immo Aura + Hellfire + Felgaurd Bonestorm = lotsa dps on aoe pulls.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

thanks man

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 03:22 PM ----------

would you have any idea on an affliction rotation...i know to keep boa corruption and ua up and then just pretty much spam drain life or sb as a filler....is this right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen to Jmickey
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-02-19 at 09:12 PM.

In 4.0.1 Blizz changed the way DoTs react to boss debuffs, while DoTs don't update per-tick with player buffs, they no update on a per tick basis with boss debuffs.

The optimal "opening" for Aff would be Corr > UA > BoD > Haunt > SB Spam.

See Spell Rotations in my Aff thread on EJ for more detail.

Second the motion on "respec to Demonology". Honestly, at this point many/most fights in the Cata heroics (the "new, hard" content) are being AOE'd in most of the pugs I'm in, and certainly in any easier content it's all an AOE-fest. Demonology is far and away the strongest Warlock spec for AOE, so...

Good luck!

At level 60 I believe the only thing missing from the lvl 85 priorities would be Haunt and Demon Soul. Also, your Shadow Bolt is at 3 sec cast instead of 2.5 and you don't have Shadow and Flame. Try using your Infernal if you have it. 10 min cooldown so you should be able to use it at least twice per dungeon.

Remember, Seed of Corruption is your only AoE, and it's horrible on mana as I recall. Using Shadowflame if you have it will help a lot any time you are close enough.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished leveling my affliction warlock through Outlands and had a similar issue with low DPS. I figured it was because things are dying way too fast for our dots to tick. Especially when I had a pally tank that just nommed on aoe packs.

I'm not sure that this has been changed or not, but many bosses in outland have high shadow resist and for affliction, everything is shadow...so that might be one reason. I remember leveling my shadow priest and those resisted happened.

And yeah you dont even have Haunt yet, that's the heart of affliction too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Once again if you really want to pull competitive numbers in random dungeons go Demo. Meta + Immo + Hellfire + Felguard Bonestorm = you can afk and make a sammich and be top dps.

I used to be... intimidated I guess, about Demonology, having played aff or destro for years and never touching demo. I recently made the switch about a month ago and Demo is so much fun and really easier than I thought it was.

Deleted
    Guys u dont have meta at outland, get it at lvl 69

Yeah, you don't have some of your main abilities, so who cares about your DPS in Outland dungeons. Unless you're stopping your character at level 70, don't bother with it. Just go on.

You're fighting against Death Knights in full blue gear and classes that already have their main spell (have a utility or cooldown as their 31 pointer instead of the most important spell - Haunt). You can't beat that as certain classes, especially with how fast they make the mobs die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suff View Post
    Guys u dont have meta at outland, get it at lvl 69
    Damn that's right.

Either way you should have your Felguard as early as 57.
    I would almost say go Destruction as you will have Bane of Havoc at 57 and that's pretty decent for more damage.
    I don't really know, it's been soooo long since I leveled a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Either way you should have your Felguard as early as 57..
    Even a bit more earlier, about level 10'ish.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

10+ Year Old Account
    man, fuck all these warlock leveling changes.

Demo really is the better leveling spec at your level. You have your own tank that does pretty good damage. If you insist on playing Affliction your just going to have to suffer low DPS for a while. Shadow resistance + DOT tick time = low DPS. Duel spec and try it out, it's only ten gold now.