Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Even NPCs still keep us targeted for a couple of seconds. Mostly noticable if you ride/run through the ghosts in Tol Bardan or the Daily for Love is in the Air.

Deleted
    How about finding a hunter in camouflage but not being able to attack him while stealthed? got to love that =) But ooh look he saw you!

Deleted
    Had a GoAK chase me around farm house in AB for the whole duration of my vanish escape earlier, was not impressed one bit with it. But suppuse it could of been slightly amusing to watch it aimlessly running around in a circle

Since it was mentioned earlier in this thread I figured I'd point out that, as of cataclysm, vanish doesn't work on guards anymore. Even if you're 50 levels higher than the guard. I know it sucks, probably Blizzard's reaction to Ghostcrawler getting killed by a rogue in SW while dancing naked on the Mailbox.

I also appear to be getting charged while vanishing quite often. The warrior charges me. I am stunned while vanished. Vanish buff wears off, I exit the stun. Now I'm in regular stealth and his rend or deep wounds breaks me out. Completely wasted my vanish buff.

In Ruins of Lordaeron, a warrior was mounted as I ran 10-15 yards away trying to sap his partner. He instantly targets me, charges and breaks me out of stealth. I wasn't even in front of him. I was 10-15 yards to his right. I know it's not 100% effective, but I'm really feeling the lack of any +stealth talents or enchants.
    Last edited by Avelias; 2011-02-22 at 04:52 AM.

Welcome to Roguedom!

10+ Year Old Account
    I vanished during a WSG while fighting a Hunter, his Wolf followed me around in stealth, but he couldnt target me. So, I walked the Wolf right on next to him (As though his pet was normal), and re-opened.

+1 Honor Kill.
    "Control your own destiny or someone else will."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    If you're fighting a hunter, warlock, s priest, dk, mage, shaman, (i think thats all) vanish becomes nothing more than a snare breaker with a small chance on proc of getting a stealth off.

I had a blood dks blood worms follow me all the way around nagrand arena the other day through vanish. They didn't attack me, they just kept following me. Eventually the dk noticed and just throws dnd down to pull me out.

Same thing happened with a priest. Her shadowy apperations just kept walking towards me, and then she just ran over and fear bombed.

Its absolutely awful, and i dont think it will ever be fixed. It would become too op if it worked reliably apparently.
    Yh its proper stupid. Especially paladin guardians and huntards pets they just follow you all day long even if your in stealth. Vanish is stupidly useless nowadays. And it will never ever get fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetowns View Post
    Yh its proper stupid. Especially paladin guardians and huntards pets they just follow you all day long even if your in stealth. Vanish is stupidly useless nowadays. And it will never ever get fixed.
    Dude, i don't think that you'd want a Guardian which is trying to follow a player on the other side of the battleground, really. It either don't follow anything, or try to follow something that he shouldn't (rogue in stealth, guy 150 yards away). Goak i messed up.

But still, annoy me when fucking pet still following me after vanishing...

yeah I notice sometimes I see a rogue when they vanish and other times I dont see them at all.

It's weird you see them stealth away and they're right there and you just hit them, but other times it does not happen.

The code is obviously shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    vendetta is killed when vanish pops...

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    How about finding a hunter in camouflage but not being able to attack him while stealthed? got to love that =) But ooh look he saw you!
    QFT. Hunters "untargetable" stealth is just an insult to rogues. If hunters get stealth.. us Rogues should get pets... or a ninja that follows us around to help us like in the "up to the citadel" quest in twilight highlands

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelias View Post
    In Ruins of Lordaeron, a warrior was mounted as I ran 10-15 yards away trying to sap his partner. He instantly targets me, charges and breaks me out of stealth. I wasn't even in front of him. I was 10-15 yards to his right. I know it's not 100% effective, but I'm really feeling the lack of any +stealth talents or enchants.
    Sounds like a Warrior using "Target of Target" to me. Has happened to me a few times, and sufficed to say I have used it against other rogues too. When I get sapped, the rogue stands close enough to me that I can see them and target. Partner targets me, targets my target, hence they can target the rogue.

geez, you guys make it sound like it happens everytime, vanish works more often than not, it is just, this shit always happens when you need vanish to work the most, and you remember those moments more than the times vanish works (which is a lot more)... >> also don't forget about Mirror Images passive ability of "Detect Stealth"! /groan

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Sounds like a Warrior using "Target of Target" to me. Has happened to me a few times, and sufficed to say I have used it against other rogues too. When I get sapped, the rogue stands close enough to me that I can see them and target. Partner targets me, targets my target, hence they can target the rogue.
    This must be the stealth exploit I've been hearing about in arena. What a joke.

pally pets are the worst in my opinion like a heat seeking missile

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye it hasnt improved at all. Sometimes players see you and most of the time pets will follow you after you've vanished.

Deleted
    Stealth + Sprint = Sure escape

I play sub and find pets can't keep up with a glyphed sprint + Nightstalker.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2011-02-25 at 12:54 PM.