Thread: Disc Stats

Deleted

Disc Stats

Ok so disregarding Shield spamming and stacking mastery, what Stat priority do i now have with my Priest.
    Theres so much discussion and stuff i really dont know what to believe anymore

Int and Spirit is obvious, but i just cant decide if haste is worth putting any points in.
    Or am I supposed to balance all the stats again because they have a good synergy? Which they do, but well maybe someone knows more than me.

Thanks to any responses

Deleted
    You could try to balance it roughly like this:
    Mastery > Haste > Crit if/when you have mana problems
    Haste > Mastery > Crit if/when you don't have mana problems.

Haste makes you cast spells faster and therefore also makes you consume your mana faster. Though it also gives you a faster reaction time.

PW:S, PoH and critical heals are the spells affected by mastery. Let's say your PoH heals 5 party members for 30545 (mine does) when it doesn't crit. 30% of that is 9163.5+Mastery. So if you have 44% extra absorb (I do) it would absorb around 1832.8*1.44 = 2639.088 on an individual. Gets better if you crit or if you get more SP and of course more mastery. But the more SP/Crit you get, the better your mastery is - but crit is of course a bit more 'random' (less reliable, but in the long run give you a greater output).

But it also depends a bit on the role you want to furfill in your raid.

With PoH nerf, in disc spec my only goal is to get as much as int and mastery as possible, as holy, int > mastery> spirit > whatev.

Deleted
    Thanks for the fast replies, i will get some more haste then.
    Im probably gonna do a lot of PoH in my 10man, despite the nerf. Im healing with a holy pally and a resto druid. I dont really have any mana problems as the rapture buff is pretty nice and i do have a good amount of spirit atm.

Its weird, as from a aoe healing perspective PW:S still seems like an incredibly good spell to spam even though its mana cost change. Not that i intend to do it, but next to PoH you dont have that many choices.

Discipline is one of the few specs where all stats, mastery / crit / haste benefit directly from eachother, because crit provides much more throughput than most other healers. The usual 'crit sux balls for healerz' doesn't really fly for discipline, because 50k GH crits which leave 20000 absorb shields is pretty damn imba if you're tankhealing. As such, I would balance your stats depending on the role you play in raids, if you tend to tankheal a lot I would aim for crit/haste > mastery, if you raidheal, haste/mastery > crit.

This is how I gear:

Tank Healing: Int > Spirit* > Mastery = Crit > Haste
    Raid Healing: Int > Spirit* > Mastery = Haste > Crit

*Only until mana is a non-issue.

When I tank heal as discipline:

Int > Spirit = Haste > Crit = Mastery

Haste is still the best throughput stat for every healing spec. Discipline values spirit significantly less than any other healer spec I've played (lol Rapture). I've found that I can also generally put out a load of raid healing through strategic PoH on the tank's group, though if I'm consciously doing that I'll favor more spirit if I have a choice.

Borrowed Time, like everything with haste, is multiplicative; the more haste you have, the more effective of a buff Borrowed Time is. Therefore, BT is not an excuse to not stack haste - if anything, it's a reason to want it even more.