Vrykul is seriously lacking.

So I figured I'd knock out all of the obtainable items for Nerubian/Vrykul - then Draenei/Orc.

This includes items required for the achievements but since Blessing of the Old God popped up - I've been farming Nerubian like crazy.

But 90% of Northrend (yeah I'm exaggerating but it seriously feels like it) is Vrykul - a Race that offers one crappy epic and nothing towards any Archaeology achievements.

It's driving me crazy - ADD SOMETHING!

Archaeology isn't for slackers

Apparently, it's not for the sane either.

I totally agree with you. Considering how few vrykul items exist (5 commons, 1 rare), there are way too much vrykul digsites in Northrend... and this is part of the reason why going for Nerubian items sucks so much: First you clear 4 vrykul digsites in Howling Fjord, then another two that popped while you were doing this, then you have 2 troll and another 2 vrykul sites, if you cleared those, it's 3 NE sites + another vrykul, and then you MAYBE have a nerubian digsite pop up. ;/ Of course it's not always that bad but stuff like this does happen.

My suggestions would be, either delete/replace some of the Vrykul sites, or add more items for them (both common and rare) + delete all NE sites in Northrend and/or replace them with nerubian/dwarf sites or something, but yeah it's not like that's gonna happen.

I get nerubian sites in EK more often then northrend, I don't understand why i haven't run into a single dwarf digsite in northrend though since dwarfs are every where there

Archaeology is meant to test your sanity.

Archeology on the whole is lacking.

The Vrykul aren't an ancient race, having only just arrived in Northrend. Why would you expect to find ancient treasures there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    I get nerubian sites in EK more often then northrend, I don't understand why i haven't run into a single dwarf digsite in northrend though since dwarfs are every where there
    nerubian digsites in EK ?
    hmm no

Quote Originally Posted by mastertroll View Post
    nerubian digsites in EK ?
    hmm no
    Nerubian digsites were added to the Plaguelands with the last patch. They do pop up at a reasonable rate, so I was able to finish Blessing of the Old God while farming in EK.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Archeology on the whole is lacking.
    Yeah that's true... and I think part of the reason for this is that the whole "path of the titans" thing was scrapped, can't really find any source for it but I think archeology was originally strongly tied to this... so I figure blizz just brought the profession on its own to a state that was considered acceptable for live servers, but yeah it really turned out to be just a badly thought out rng fest with major flaws.

The last patch made it quite a bit more bearable, but still... so much room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    It's a good observation, but keep in mind that the Earthen Dwarves as well as the Cold Iron Dwarves are from a way different branch of Dwarves than the ones that inhabit Ironforge and Aerie Peak. As such, they don't really share the same history - and as such, they also don't share the same artifacts.

Having a 10th race just from a few digsites in a continent from an expansion ago seems awkward.

Nerubian Digsites were indeed added to Eastern Kingdoms in the 4.0.6 patch, two to be exact. So yes, there is a semi-rare chance to get them there as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    It's a good observation, but keep in mind that the Earthen Dwarves as well as the Cold Iron Dwarves are from a way different branch of Dwarves than the ones that inhabit Ironforge and Aerie Peak. As such, they don't really share the same history - and as such, they also don't share the same artifacts.
    But there is a Night Elf digsite next to quel'thalas in EPL... Which makes no sense too. Last time Night Elves were in EK was when Maiev formed anti-Illidan expedition. And about high elves... how would they have Tyrande's doll and stuff related to the history of the race which banished them all?

In fact, Dwarves are "underrepresented", I mean, there are countless stupid troll digsites in EK, Northrend and Kalimdor, yet they have only one, diablo-hard to get rare artifact, and 14 common ones. Dwarves have 4 rare artifacts and 27 common ones. And like 1 digsite in Bael Modan in Kalimdor, some in the "hot triangle" (badlands-searing gorge-burning steppes) and some other EK zones. (BTW Grim Batol digsite SUCKS TOTALLY, there are groups of aggressive mobs there which piss me off)
    It's just frustrating: you clean STV and then you get troll digistes in arathi, hinterlands and EPL, and single fossil field somewhere.
    Well, I should say, the most stupid thing is still that lottery thing. We can't dig where we want. Why? Why, for Christ's sake? Why?!? A damned map decides where we can dig.
    This comic sums it up pretty well: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/270.html
    I would exchange all my gold for an opportunity to break this cursed light and burn that digsite map.

Yeah, I've been farming for Vial of the Sands recipe. And I actually did it (does this make me insane?). You can understand my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepjynx View Post
    So I figured I'd knock out all of the obtainable items for Nerubian/Vrykul - then Draenei/Orc.

This includes items required for the achievements but since Blessing of the Old God popped up - I've been farming Nerubian like crazy.

But 90% of Northrend (yeah I'm exaggerating but it seriously feels like it) is Vrykul - a Race that offers one crappy epic and nothing towards any Archaeology achievements.

It's driving me crazy - ADD SOMETHING!
    The vrykul artifact may not be totally awesome, but if you can get two of those, and cap a 79 enh shaman, you can rape 70-79 BG's with those badboys.

Can you even get two of those?
    I just need the Puzzle box and I'm not doing arch in northrend EVER AGAIN.

They just need to add more to the lacking races and even out the digs.

Now I know where there are achievements for common artifacts... but that just doesn't make it worth it.

I farmed for 9 hours straight last night. I got my Raptor mount, the Bones of transformation, and the Blessing of the old god - and one scepter towards the achievement.

:|

You can get two of them, if you level Archaeology on two different characters. You can get it with both characters and since they're BoA, you can send both to the same character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    The vrykul artifact may not be totally awesome, but if you can get two of those, and cap a 79 enh shaman, you can rape 70-79 BG's with those badboys.
    70-74, yes. 75-79, no. Level 77-79 Cata boe's will have much better stats than the Vrykul artifact. If you're using two of them on a hunter, you'll certainly want to swap them for the level 78 ilvl 308 Berto's Staff as soon as you can.

The Vrykul artifact is only good for 6 levels, but it's very powerful at 71-76 compared to an heirloom weapon or BC epic. What's also great about it is that it can be used for a bunch of different classes/specs: hunter, rogue, enhancement shaman, protection paladin, protection warrior and fury warrior.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    Yeah, I've been farming for Vial of the Sands recipe. And I actually did it (does this make me insane?). You can understand my opinion.
    It sure does! But, I'm trying to do the same. I need it. I'm waiting for it, then my next crazy-project is the Puzzle-Box...

I'm not getting the severe lack of Dwarf sites either, especially in Northrend. About a quarter of Northrend is Dwarf-related. There are Dwarf things in the Storm Peaks, Grizzly Hills, the Borean Tundra and the Fjord. Most of central EK are Dwarf-related.
    And yet I find myself digging Fossils and troll stuff a large portion of the time. I've found all the fossils, though RNG can always give me more Kraken Tentacles- those are pretty sweet.
    I made a list and over the last week, I've been sent to as many NE sites as I have Dwarf ones in the EK. I made the list because I was angry at the random site generator, and it helped I guess.

Regarding the Dwarven digsites in Northrend, I will quote myself from earlier in this topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post