BoT Trash Farm Change with 4.0.6?

Hey all,

Wanted to get a few opinions on this to confirm whether or not it's true. I heard some people on my server saying that with 4.0.6. there was a change made that didn't allow BoE epics to drop until Halfus had been killed which obviously makes trash farming for these epics much harder for pugs. Does anyone know if that claim has any merit?

Thanks.

Incorrect.

Our run last night had Chelley's Staff of Dark Mending drop before we reached Halfus.

Ahhh alright thanks so much, I had a feeling it was probably just some people with bad luck making assumptions.

Or just trolls being trolls. Either way.

yea deff untrue. 2 staffs and the trinket dropped last night on the first 3 packs in the instance

Any time you start off with "I heard some people saying..." the immediate assumption should be that they are wrong until proven right.

Quote Originally Posted by talreno View Post
    yea deff untrue. 2 staffs and the trinket dropped last night on the first 3 packs in the instance
    We got 2 trinkets in the first two pulls. It was crazy, specially since no one needed them.

Forgive me for being a noob, but how do you farm the trash?

I assume you clear trash to first boss, then zone out and reset instance? Does all the trash respawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Arynai View Post
    Wanted to get a few opinions on this to confirm whether or not it's true.
    Not to nitpick too much more, but asking for opinions about the truthfulness of a statement seemsmcounterproductive when you could just ask for the fact itself.

Had the wand drop on the first patroling mob near Magmaw ,

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

10+ Year Old Account
    If you all read the patch notes, there wouldn't be this thread to troll in.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some friends and I usually kills 3 of the 4 mobs in the first pack. Run out and the 3 we killed respawns. No need for reseting. And you can easily do it with 5 people.. 1 tank, 2 healers and 2 dps..

Groups looking for 10 players to kill all the trash to halfus are doing it wrong, just saying.. Amazes me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by backeby View Post
    Some friends and I usually kills 3 of the 4 mobs in the first pack. Run out and the 3 we killed respawns. No need for reseting. And you can easily do it with 5 people.. 1 tank, 2 healers and 2 dps..

Groups looking for 10 players to kill all the trash to halfus are doing it wrong, just saying.. Amazes me every time.

Do you not run into the "you've entered too many instances recently" message?

Quote Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
    Forgive me for being a noob, but how do you farm the trash?

I assume you clear trash to first boss, then zone out and reset instance? Does all the trash respawn?
    We do this if we have 8 on before raid. Just clear all trash, leave, break up raid and have someone else start the raid. Walk in and all trash should be there

Why have I never started a pug group for this?!?!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not run into the "you've entered too many instances recently" message?
    Nope, it's the same instance, the instance itself is not reset. Only the mobs in the first pack.

Why have I never started a pug group for this?!?!
    Because you could just run it with your guild and get more epics off the bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Because you could just run it with your guild and get more epics off the bosses...
    My guild is dead. Me and 2 others are the only ones left. We still find some things to do, but are weary of joining a different guild, and still have hope some of our guild will return. This is a viable option to get some extra gear / gold for a pug group right?

I don't think there is much else to say about this.

Although, what i found funny is this, 2 wks ago we were attempting Heroic Halfus for the first time. Up to Halfus no BoE's, chewed glass till trash re-spawned. Cleared trash again and ended up getting 5x BoE's on our way back to Halfus. (We did kill halfus shortly after)

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Random loot is random.