Any word on new D cool down for shams or druids?

be so nice lol...

Deleted
    "In Addition- Restoration Druids and Restoration Shaman

We agree with the sentiment among some players that Restoration druids and Restoration shaman are lacking in the healing cooldown department. The shaman buff and Power Word: Shield adjustment above should bring all healers reasonably close in terms of throughput. The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests. This isn’t the kind of thing we can address via a hotfix, but it is something we are looking at for the next major content patch.

As always, we appreciate your continued constructive feedback and will do our best to keep you informed of ongoing developments.
    "

Is the only thing we know for now..

I'm pretty exicted on what the end result will be, just a 2min CD -40% dmg on a target, or something fancy like Guardian Spirit or PW: Barrier.

I hate passive buffs like dmg reduction. Its obviously nice, but i want something fancy, so im going to quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    The CD topic is only real issue. Just all go to blizz and tell them a healing summon is needed. You know you want it, you know we deserve it.
    I plead for giant puddle of water with arms, wider range healing rain for aoe and a wavelike spell for mass Riptide. During healing summon uptime tidal waves effect can be stacked more than 2 times (maybe 5?) and his spells also provide stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The interesting thing, to me anyway, is going to be how they implement it. Specifically with reference to Elemental and Enhancement.

If they rework the Resto tree to make the CDs resto-exclusive, then which talents are they getting rid of that we already take but don't really need? That's the only way to do it via talents, and we would need one talent per CD they're adding this way. The tree is fairly packed as it is, and the talents are fairly decent on their own. Not sure it's an easy fix this way.

If they add them as base spells, though, it gets interesting. Both Elemental and Enhancement have reasonable spell power levels; Elemental because they're Int-based, Enhancement via their spec ability Mental Quickness. We'd never be as good as a Resto Shaman at them, but if you make them strong enough, we'll use them; I already use Healing Rain as an Elemental for certain phases, to help out (Chimaeron burn phases, for instance).

The two other main classes where this is an issue are Druids and Priests, which each have lockouts in their DPS trees; you can't heal as a chicken or a shadow. They can pop out, but it's a greater cost, since they have to use a second GCD to get back into DPS mode. Paladins don't share Intellect gear, but they both have a lot of CDs boiled into their Holy tree, and the others CAN be used by any spec the way I'm suggesting Shaman could.

Either way, I'm interested. Either the Resto tree is going to be significantly reworked, or all Shaman are getting utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    I hate passive buffs like dmg reduction. Its obviously nice, but i want something fancy, so im going to quote myself:
    Is it just me or does that suggestion sounds like Tree of Life? But anyway I'm curious to see what we'll get.

Greater water elemental to assist with healing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meklol View Post
    ^ this would be epic

Quote Originally Posted by Meklol View Post
    that would be tied to his water totem, meaning we couldn't drop HST/MTT and on top of that, we couldn't even control him due to "technical dificulties," just like we can't control our two other elementals?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The interesting thing, to me anyway, is going to be how they implement it. Specifically with reference to Elemental and Enhancement.

If they rework the Resto tree to make the CDs resto-exclusive, then which talents are they getting rid of that we already take but don't really need? That's the only way to do it via talents, and we would need one talent per CD they're adding this way. The tree is fairly packed as it is, and the talents are fairly decent on their own. Not sure it's an easy fix this way.

If they add them as base spells, though, it gets interesting. Both Elemental and Enhancement have reasonable spell power levels; Elemental because they're Int-based, Enhancement via their spec ability Mental Quickness. We'd never be as good as a Resto Shaman at them, but if you make them strong enough, we'll use them; I already use Healing Rain as an Elemental for certain phases, to help out (Chimaeron burn phases, for instance).

The two other main classes where this is an issue are Druids and Priests, which each have lockouts in their DPS trees; you can't heal as a chicken or a shadow. They can pop out, but it's a greater cost, since they have to use a second GCD to get back into DPS mode. Paladins don't share Intellect gear, but they both have a lot of CDs boiled into their Holy tree, and the others CAN be used by any spec the way I'm suggesting Shaman could.

Either way, I'm interested. Either the Resto tree is going to be significantly reworked, or all Shaman are getting utility.
    Well one of the more obvious places would be where Nature's Swiftness is.

Beyond that I guess they could increase the base duration of MTT and remove totemic focus. What talent would you move up to tier 2 to make room for the CD further down the tree though? I'm not really sure.

They could probably just duct tape a CD onto a staple talent that currently exists. Soothing Rains would be a good one to use. It's deep enough down the tree that the other specs couldn't reach it, and the theme of the talent could make for a good CD. Or even just turn Soothing Rains into a 1 point talent that makes it as powerful as the current 2 points is and make the CD an Improved Soothing Rains.

Could be something like "Summon Rain elementals to protect and heal the target player for x seconds, x min CD". Then it could be something like 6 mini water elementals pop out (like the ones in Throne of Tides) and 3 make a triangle around the person (protecting them) reducing their damage taken by 10% each (bassically 30% damage reduction) while the other three cricle that same player, each casting a 3-5k heal every 3 seconds (timed so it's like a 3-5k/sec HoT). Needless to say, the water elementals would not be targetable, and just be there to look awesome. Nor would they require a totem to be used.

I think for shamans they could just do something to outright fix both the DPS spec's low DPS and the healing all together. Now I just outright say I know alot of people dont want to see another pet class but....come on all three specs need a boost. Three different elemental pets, replacing the elemental totems. Earth Ele to help heal, Fire for <enter spell DPS boost here>, and Wind for melee dmg. The trick can be that while they are out, you cant place their respective totem (aka cant place a fire totem while fire ele is out) but they give a boosted buff of their totem while out. Cept for Earth Ele I suppose...but it would be Fire ele gives the SP bonus to the group, Wind gives WF to the group, and so on. Now as much as I would like to say Water Ele as the healing one and Earth as a wildcard tanking pet as it is now...there already is a water ele so I feel it would be copying more or less. I dunno, just seems to make sence to me since all 3 specs underpreform more or less (enhance not so much but they still leave much to be desired)

I dont see why Druids need cooldowns, they have Tree of Life, Tranq and Barkskin (for self).