10+ Year Old Account

Question will this run successfully?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-315-_-Product for graphics.

as opposed to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

combined with, 4g ram, AMD Athlon II x4 645 3.1ghz

the first card is about half of the price of the second, i just wanted to know if anyone had an idea of the difference in performance.
    Last edited by Kardezar; 2011-02-22 at 08:15 AM. Reason: mistype

My general knowledge of Raeds isn't as good as Nvids, but after a quick google for their performance it should be something to the degree of the first one will struggle with the more graphic intense wow settings like shadows/water, but will still run fine, the other one will run what ever you want.
    From my personal experience, I'd splash out on the 'expensive' card, as its in the mid range and will be a better suit to your processor, rather than down the line you ending up going "damn, now I need a better graphics card"

If you're looking to just stick to wow and wow only, the first one will do you fine. But if you ever play other games I'd go with the second, more expensive card.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks.

i also just realized that the second one supports Eyefinity or whatever, and i would like to take advantage of that eventually. So yeah, i think i can wait a week and get the better one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    thanks.

i also just realized that the second one supports Eyefinity or whatever, and i would like to take advantage of that eventually. So yeah, i think i can wait a week and get the better one.
    Newegg have a number of rebates of the 5770 on their website and prices are updated continually between manufacturers. Here is an example

Also on the Eyefinity note, unless you have 3 LCD monitors around and an active DVI to Display port adapter, I wouldn't bother. It's an expensive investment, fiddly and most likely the overall system you purchase wouldn't be able to handle the resolution output and still maintain decent framerates.

The first one, crap.
    I am also a nvidia fan.
    get the 5770, it will run a lot better at higher settings compared to the first.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU/88
    That is a Benchmark link you can use, it is not exact science as it also depends on the CPU & Ram.
    Author: Ulysses S. Grant (A True Raider & PvPr)

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.