Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I went 1 to 75 in 4 RL days when I was sick over thanksgiving. I would have made 80 but I realized I hate northrend.

This was post 4.0 but pre-cata, on a nelfmage with weapon, shoulders, chest and trinket heirlooms, but no guild perks and no cloak.

I would imagine 85 wouldn't be that hard if you play 8 hours a day. Don't forget the inscription books for a shot at more bonus quest XP (or other stuff to speed your leveling)

15+ Year Old Account
    Those saying go prot because they are topping damage are so lost. Ye they are in instances. But they are doing jack shit compared to arms or fury when solo questing. Outside instances you don't have 4-5 hard hitting mobs on you for ½ a minute so you can stack your Vengeance to some ridiculous numbers. You don't have that luxury outside instances.

Go arms at lvl 10, dual spec prot at lvl 30. Fury is also viable but for that you would need 2x 1h heirlooms and possibly 2x 2h later on so better to just stick with arms. In the end mobs are getting decimated just as fast. Do not que to a single BG. Waste of time for power leveling. Not sure about instances. Some are definetly worth of doing like Scholomance which got 7 quests at the entrance if I remember correctly. I guess most instances are worth doing 'cause as a tank you can decide the pulling speed. Definetly don't do same instance twice. That is waste of time imo. You can use random instance que if all the yellow instances in specific que list are ones that you haven't visited yet. Otherwise just que specifically to instances you haven't done.

Don't be afraid of skipping zone. With full heirlooms you will be leveling extremly fast with only quests. If you put instances in the mix you are looking around 2 or even 3 skipped zones. I recommend you check from wowhead the highest level of zone where you can get quests. For example if you get grey quest while in WPL and you are lvl 46 you can ride straight to Light's Hope Chappel, take rocket to Badlands and ride straight to Searing Gorge effectively skipping 2 zones (you start getting Qs at lvl 46 in SG). Also pick up one leveling "path" and don't stray from it. For example if you level dwarf/gnome just follow the flow Loch Modan, Wetlands, Arathi etc etc. Don't waste time traveling to otherside of the world.

With these you should be able to do 1-60 as fast as possible without any external help.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Took me a week to power level my warrior from the release of Cata since I didn't want to pay for a race change warrior to a Worgen. What I did was quest all the way to 85 in 7 days. Yes its miserable but, if you really want to do it go for it. Make sure you get lots of sleep and hopefully im assuming that you are on holday?

I got my rogue 1-85 in 3days /played, no RaF or anything. Just get heirlooms, and quest like a maniac. (Rogues are not that amazing at levelling if they have to pull more than one mob at a time)
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

I can't believe no one mentioned this... GUILD PERKS man, guild perks, fast track for faster xp!
    Quote Originally Posted by chad3d
    PuG's are basically a band of mercenaries looking after their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh
    Oh an also one that has bugged me ever since i started playing wow - DING it makes no logical sense, the sound sis not ding, the animation is not ding, you did not ding in anyway shape or form apart from your mind.
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you have been given some good advice already. This is what I do

I like to level cooking and first aid as I go for the food buffs and healing. I farm what I will need on my main and then mail it over to the toon I am going to level. Leave in the mail till you can use it and as soon as you can start using it do so. I would also send a good amount of pots and flasks over also.

Send the toon you’re going to be leveling some gold and every 20 slot bag you can use for it, 300g should more than do it.
    Pick up mining and herbalism for professions because you will find a lot of them and you get XP for mining or picking them and you can sell later. You cant lose doing this.

Get All the BoA gear you can and get it enchanted, don’t forget there is a guild perk back piece now that is BoA.
    I would do at least every dungeons once to get the quests and XP then right back to questing. I know a lot of people say to PvP, if you do wait until you going to be at the top of that PvP range. Example 15-20 I wouldn’t PvP until I was 19, then the same for the next range. But that’s just me.
    If your going Protection which is a good choice then know at least a little about the dungeons you will be doing. It sucks to go join a Q wait for 20 min and then find out no one know where to go.

The big thing is not wasting your time on inconsequential crap. Know where you’re going and at what level your going there, if you are tanking a dungeon explain to everyone what’s going to happen I.E. I will pull them over here or please interrupt this if you can. Everyone knowing what’s going to happen speeds runs up a lot. Very seldom does being a prick help in those situations.

Look at getting the latest leveling guides for you professions and for leveling because they are a big help.

Level Arms...people saying to go Prot because "you won't die" are stupid. If you die as any spec of any class while leveling and it wasn't due to a ganking or afking in the wrong spot, you are doing it wrong. Furthermore, Warriors of all specs have ridiculous healing with Victory Rush, so you're basically at 100% as soon as you engage the next mob. You're better off having a spec that can solo more effectively and then doing dual-speccing into Prot so you can run instances if you choose to do so.

Make sure you have all the glyphs you're going to need ready to go at the minimum level they are allowed. Particularly the Victory Rush one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level as Arms until Level 58, and then Level as Prot viably.

Deleted
    Be sure to be in a higher lvl guild, so you get the xp buff from there aswell

Deleted
    Prot leveling is moot at the moment. In moments where you can do large AOE pulls I would recommend it however, but that's why you got dualspec.

Both Fury and Arms are pumping mad numbers and both got good self healing, preference wins. That being said, Fury got less ability-synergy and it's easier to level mashing Bloodthirst than it is Rending, OPing and MS'ing.

When i lvl'ed my war i had a lot more fun as prot for leveling than the actual dps specs, but if you pimp yourself with heirlooms i guess arms/fury is faster if you quest most of the time. prot was instant queues for me, guess it's about playstyle

good luck with your challenge!

Deleted
    My friend levelled his goblin from 1-85 in 1 day 23 hours /played. It shouldn't even be a challenge if these 10 days you speak of aren't gonna be very busy

Deleted
    nothing agaisnt all other posts, i would recommend going 2h fury most of the way, you drop needed hit to 5% wiith a 2h so that increases time on mobs by quiet alot, plus fury offers the best healing by far by being able to get more healing off bloodthirst... its a really nice 0 downtime spec with some good damage boosts, once you get to level 69 its any specs game...

the days of leveling as prot are over, join the revolution :P

note: friend is leveling a warrior atm and with heirloom 2h axe is currently 2 shotting mobs, not counting white swings

10+ Year Old Account
    10days normal or 10days playtime? Big difference if you're allowed to sleep :P

Deleted
    i levelled enhancement shaman in 4 days played in january. so doing that in 10 days would require like 10 hours / day. sounds alot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    10days normal or 10days playtime? Big difference if you're allowed to sleep :P
    10 days normal,no time left for sleep ;p