Unhappy Holy pallys and overhealing.

Yeah so i had healing officer in my guild contact me telling me i was doing alot of over healing here is the normal breakdown:

46% holy radiance
    36% beacon of light
    11% poti
    7% made up of other heals

Now, call me crazy but i dont really see a problem here. Ive seen the same person with something like 20-30% overhealing with DL.

now i know this is important i dont normally run out of mana. so i dont really feel as if i am doing anything wrong. what do you all think?

u cant help HR, poti and BoL overheals it just happens

Passive heals, mastery, aoe heals should never be considered as overhealing. Unless you use HR without needing it ofc. my Gm yelled at me for having 120k overhealing done when i showed him logs and explained what was what he apologized and laughed at himself for not having any clues. What you should look at is Divine light and flash of light overhealing, to some degree holy light but it's soo cheap it's almost worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your healing officer doesn't or can't understand the above, that this is unavoidable, then he shouldn't be healing officer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post
    Yeah so i had healing officer in my guild contact me telling me i was doing alot of over healing here is the normal breakdown:

46% holy radiance
    36% beacon of light
    11% poti

Now, call me crazy but i dont really see a problem here. Ive seen the same person with something like 20-30% overhealing with DL.

now i know this is important i dont normally run out of mana. so i dont really feel as if i am doing anything wrong. what do you all think?
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather overheal than underheal. Just saying.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

Hpaly overheal with BoL or Holy Radiance?! Omg - Unacceptable!

As long as your on par with other healers and don't oom, overhealing shouldn't be an issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering practically only two of those are under your control, your heal lead needs to understand how Paladins work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi View Post
    Personally, I feel that if you aren't running oom and your assignment is staying alive, overheal isn't a terribly big deal at all.
    as long as you're not stealing innervates and mana tides (though, i think mana tide is raid-wide now, and irrelevant as such)

Beacon of Light overhealing does not count.
    PotI overhealing does not count.
    Holy Radiance overhealing does count a bit, I don't think I've ever had that much overhealing on HR unless I use it for the movement boost only. But, I am in a 10 man guild that runs with two priests, so I don't use this spell as much as other paladins do.
    Holy Light healing does not count. You spam this spell to get Daybreak procs, to get more Holy Power.
    Holy Shock overhealing doesn't count either. You use this spell to gain Holy Power, even if everyone's at 100%.

Divine Light and Flash of Light overhealing is bad. Try not to overheal with these unless the situation is requiring you to spam alot.
    Word of Glory overhealing counts.
    Light of Dawn overhealing counts a little bit. You shouldn't use it when it's not needed, but sometimes only 3-4 people are taking damage, then it will automaticly overheal 2-3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Light of Dawn overhealing counts a little bit. You shouldn't use it when it's not needed, but sometimes only 3-4 people are taking damage, then it will automaticly overheal 2-3 targets.
    LoD overheals are used to bolster the BoL target. If you're hitting max targets the BoL transfer is higher than WoGx3. Looking at a raw number and translating it to "good" or "bad" is as asinine as thinking your average iLevel determines your playing competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post

46% holy radiance
    36% beacon of light
    11% poti

Your guild officer clearly has no idea what he is talking about. You may perhaps be using HR too often when there is little to no AOE, however BoL, PotI, WILL overheal. They are a bonus, and do not cost mana; there is nothing wrong with that. Question, then, is he messaging you because of mana problems or is he just generally being an ass by pointing this out?

Does your healing officer play a Holy Paladin? Or maybe he was in a coma for the last two years now and just realized that Holy Pallies overheal?