Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    Why the fuck are they buffing arms damage?
    Everytime I read patch notes it gets more and more retarded.

5mins ago in 2v2:
    Me wearing 3500 resilience + Barkskin =57% damage reduction.

Warrior stuns me and does: 15k heroic strike, 21k mortal strike, 20k overpower.
    56k damage in a global cooldown. And the only thing he needs in order to do this is Colossus smash, which is a 20sec CD and has a RNG reset.

The Colossus Smash nerf is much needed, but their ruining it by buffing arms damage.
    Now it was all useless.
    This will increase arms damage while not under the effects of Colossus Smash but nerf it DURING Colossus Smash. This means less burst, which is what you're whining about. I also don't get where you get "56k damage in a global cooldown" from. Jobdone has already laid it out, but you're just trying to over-dramatize it.

Aurora, I agree that this is a nerf to Fury damage in PvE. I bet that this isn't the final PTR and they may have a slight buff to make up for it in the future. The reason they're buffin' arms so much is that we rely on CS a lot more than you do, so I guess from that standpoint it makes sense.

Knusern: is Colossus Smash's armor reduction equal to that of armor penetration? With arpen in wrath, 100% "armor penetration" reduced target armor by a variable amount depending on how much armor they had. Colossus Smash's tooltip just says it ignores X% of the target's armor, so vs. any target it remains a constant flat percentage of their armor.

edit: I like PVPing but am not really serious about it. I am kind of getting sick of people whining about warrior damage and blizz handing out nerfs as a response. This screws us PVE players bigtime. I have realized that, as arms, I can roflstomp certain other classes in BGs, but am countered by any player who is good at pvp unless they're a lock or shaman (). Seriously we get kited by a bunch of classes. I don't think "mages are OP and I should whine to the forums about them" because other classes counter mages too.
    Last edited by Junox; 2011-02-24 at 05:30 PM.

It's even nerf for arms, since when it looks cool to have 25% more base damage abilities, the crits with colossus will be MUCH lower. And everyone seems to forget our execute range, and opportunity strikes also get nerf in a way from the colossus smash, so mastery value degrades. Maybe execute will be less useful like it was on WotLK whole time. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    It's even nerf for arms, since when it looks cool to have 25% more base damage abilities, the crits with colossus will be MUCH lower. And everyone seems to forget our execute range, and opportunity strikes also get nerf in a way from the colossus smash, so mastery value degrades. Maybe execute will be less useful like it was on WotLK whole time. :P
    Yeah this is definitely a nerf to execute unfortunately

Deleted
    Wrong!

Rend lasts longer then 2 global Cds you know?
    And he would've done the same damage if he stunned me or not.
    He did 56k damage in 2 global buttons. (+ rend tick and white attack)
    Could probably bump this up to 60k damage atleast.

How is that balanced?
    What other class could achieve this?
    Considered it all happens to crit like it did for the warrior?
    2x Obliterate from frost DK (+disease, white dmg, eventually ghoul)
    Starfire + Shooting Stars Starsurge from Moonkin (+2 DoTs, Starfall, eventually treants)
    Aimed Shot + Chimera shot from Marksmanship Hunter (+serpent sting, auto shot and pet)
    Fireball + Instant Pyro from Fire Mage (+living bomb and ignite)
    Early Frost Frostbolt + Frotbolt with instant Fireball from Frost Mage (+water elemental)
    3HP Templar's Verdict + Hammer of Wrath from Winged Retradin (+white dmg, seal, mastery, eventually guardian)
    2 Mind Spike + Mind Blast from Shadowpriest (+stacked orbs and 5 stacked "darchangel"" eventually Shadowfiend)
    Chain Lightning + Lava Burst with Stacked Earth Shock from Elemental Shaman (+flame shock, searing totem)

(and i'm pretty sure i didn't list all of them, anyone feel free to fill in)
    not all of these are 2 GCDs yet can happen within 3 secs (GCD is 1.5 sec)

Don't you even try to make arms warriors the only and the best burst kings.

(...U CAN BRING SOME FURY BURST THO, LOLZ, THAT WUD SHUT MY MOUTH LOLZ)
    Last edited by mmoc5bee70d2e1; 2011-02-24 at 05:46 PM.

Wrong!

How is that balanced?
    What I was trying to point out, is that the warrior didn't just appear and do all that damage, it takes some setting up (charging, stunning, applying rend, applying slows, applying stuns). During this time you should cyclone, roots and/or run away from him.

And even tho it is STILL very good bust damage, you say what class other can do that? Well what other class is almost useless for 4.30 mins out of every 5?
    Last edited by jobdone; 2011-02-24 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted

5mins ago in 2v2:

56k damage in a global cooldown. And the only thing he needs in order to do this is Colossus smash, which is a 20sec CD and has a RNG reset.

The Colossus Smash nerf is much needed, but their ruining it by buffing arms damage.
    Now it was all useless.
    Met Swifty in the arena? /trollface

15+ Year Old Account
    /sigh
    They are compensating Fury and Arms for the dps loss in other ways by enhancing other abilities.
    Blue post are hard.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

5mins ago in 2v2:

Now it was all useless.
    your opinion doesn't count cause u are a druid
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

I think the current state of Fury in PVE is competitive enough so a nerf is not necessary at all imo and blues confirms it (yes, even Fury will get compensate, I'm not sure why people didnt saw that blue post..)

Some ideas for compensation: RB buffed to 110 or 120%, Slam (Bloodsurge) increased again (it still around 5% of our dmg), Deathwish cooldown reduced to 2min, higher Enrage procrate, Dualwield passive dmg increase buffed from 10% to 15-20%, Deepwound is also a good candidate (but would buff Arms too).
    Last edited by Warrax; 2011-02-24 at 10:42 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    They've buffed RB back to 120%. Considering they feel Arms needs 3 buffs to compensate for the RB nerf hopefully we can expect some more.

It's the first pass at a patch that's likely still a month away. Time to exhale people.

Love how the forums have erupted in Fury QQ when they have blue posted that they will compensate and they probably haven't quite worked out how they are going to do it. I imagine it might be through adding more +dmg % to both TG and SMF, as it seems the only way to buff it without making Bloodthirst hit like a truck, running into PVP implications with RB or buffing Arms through DW damage.

The patch notes have been up all of a couple of hours, just chill out.

Wrong!

How is that balanced?
    you mean..you can't do that? oh you must be resto...

in that case, your hots are totally unfair, and cyclone, and roots, and natures grasp...not to mention you can stealth
    Last edited by Electromatt; 2011-02-24 at 11:42 PM.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

edited, not sure i know what i'm talking about
    Last edited by Gorrath; 2011-02-24 at 11:52 PM.