Thread: Taming in 4.1!

Deleted

Post Taming in 4.1!

Hey, so with the new patch comming I saw this "Tame Beast now tames pets to match the hunter's level, rather than 5 levels below." Now, does this mean that a pet comes to my level? Aka, if I tame a lvl 60 mob at lvl 85, will it automatically go to 85? Anyone on PTR could check this out? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLOCOPTER View Post
    Hey, so with the new patch comming I saw this "Tame Beast now tames pets to match the hunter's level, rather than 5 levels below." Now, does this mean that a pet comes to my level? Aka, if I tame a lvl 60 mob at lvl 85, will it automatically go to 85? Anyone on PTR could check this out? Thanks.
    Yes, that is what the patch notes said.
    No, i haven't tested this myself.
    To The Dragon: Enjoy your rest, until next the pattern has need of you. Tai’shar.
    To China - L2Skeleton and L2Panda, or GTFO. It's just a game. Thanks! -The rest of the World

Deleted
    Hm, okay. I'd appreciate if anyone could check it out on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLOCOPTER View Post
    Hm, okay. I'd appreciate if anyone could check it out on the PTR.
    It was 'like this' before already. If you tame a level 5 wolf in Elwynn Forest it would get level (Player Level)-5. With 4.1 it will be just player level which is incredible convenient.
    Also we can apparently tame hydras in 4.1. (which is much more amazing)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Screw Hydras, not being needed to lvl pets is way more awesome.

Yep, indeedy. Tamed pets will match the hunter's level.

I tamed a level 8 owl outside of Darnassus on the 85 premade hunter I made, and it tamed to level 85 automatically.

Deleted
    Wooohooo! Thanks for checking it out! Finally I can tame low pets and not need to lvl them! Even if it's jsut 3 lvls now it's still horrible ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously can't figure it out?
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!