Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Who lets you spam Drain Life?

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 07:11 PM ----------

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is basically this: Affliction spec is not to blame for the Fel Armor nerf.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 07:13 PM ----------

Also, please make a PvP video of you spamming drain life or trying to run around fel flaming. Not trolling, but I do want to see this.
    I never said they spam spam drain life, once all dots are up they either fear and drain life or kite the target while refreshing dots and fel flamming which does refresh UA. do you even pvp? and im not going to make a freaking video of it, go do some arena some time.
    If you dont like my ideas or statements, cool im not forcing you to but fel armor is what cause problems with affliction self healing, or unless you have a better reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is all I do. You must live in a world where everything is black and white. You seem to have a very skewed view of the class in PvP. Fel Armor wasn't causing problems with Affliction. They say the game is balanced around 3v3 and in 3v3 you are using Demon Armor anyway. You are just being ignorant.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 07:30 PM ----------

Most accomplished Tilatequila on the wow armory is level 81.

PvP is all I do. You must live in a world where everything is black and white. You seem to have a very skewed view of the class in PvP. Fel Armor wasn't causing problems with Affliction. They say the game is balanced around 3v3 and in 3v3 you are using Demon Armor anyway. You are just being ignorant.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 07:30 PM ----------

Most accomplished Tilatequila on the wow armory is level 81.
    My username = my character now? lmao and im being ignorant >_>
    If you have any tips for what i do please, tell me what i should do to improve.

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 01:41 AM ----------

Oh and if you have a more valid response for why fel armor was nerfed to the ground, i would love to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no idea why they nerfed it. It's one of the biggest loads of poo I have seen in awhile. But if the reason they nerfed it is because of Afflictions relation to self healing then I fear that the devs don't know how to play our class.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 07:44 PM ----------

For what it's worth, I do like your ideas on the spec specific armors.

I honestly have no idea why they nerfed it. It's one of the biggest loads of poo I have seen in awhile. But if the reason they nerfed it is because of Afflictions relation to self healing then I fear that the devs don't know how to play our class.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 07:44 PM ----------

For what it's worth, I do like your ideas on the spec specific armors.
    I encountered a affliction warlock in AV awhile ago and i was destro spec. He had half health when i encounted him and half health when he evetually killed me, his dots were weak his health wouldnt budge, just my theory on it due to some qq posts ive seen.
    But thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he pop over to Demon Armor and soulburn a healthstone?

Did he pop over to Demon Armor and soulburn a healthstone?
    It was about 2 months ago but i dont recall it, but i do remember him popping a health stone now that you mentioned it

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months ago Fel Armor was still good, and perhaps there was a gear difference back then. If something similar occurred today I would be very surprised. I hope that some of your ideas or other peoples ideas to get noticed so we can have some useful and unique mechanics again.

Hey, sorry but I stopped reading after you said "The reason for the Fel Armor nerf was because it made Affliction self healing out of control". This is definitely not the case. I am not bashing you, but I want people to understand that Fel Armor had nothing to do with Affliction self healing. It was the same no matter what spec you were. The problem with healing was coming from Demon Armor in 3s, which remains unchanged.

The nerf to Fel Armor has crippled every other venue in pvp, as well as soloing/questing. If you look at the talent trees, You will see that Affliction has the same amount of self healing talents as any other spec does, the only difference being a marginal increase in Drain Life healing based on the number of dots on the target. This is UNRELATED to Fel Armor.

Furthermore, the nerf to Fel Armor has crippled every spec in all aspects of the game besides 3v3. It is also affecting my raid healers because I have to life tap a lot more while it is also a lot more dangerous.

Affliction self healing and Fel Armor are unrelated.
    The change to Fel armor hurt you in raids??? how...it's only takes 13.3k dps to make new fel armor = old fel armor, if you can't pull 13.3k dps in a raid, then it isn't your healers fault that suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    The change to Fel armor hurt you in raids??? how...it's only takes 13.3k dps to make new fel armor = old fel armor, if you can't pull 13.3k dps in a raid, then it isn't your healers fault that suck.
    I pull ~18k consistently and I have noticed a change for the worse. Maybe I'm just crazy? It used to be I could just Life Tap here and there when my mana was getting low and not have to worry about it. Now I have to plan my Life Taps and call out when I'm going to do so.

---------- Post added 2011-02-26 at 08:09 PM ----------

Old Fel Armor was always providing benefit even if you were moving a lot and not spamming your rotation or if you are losing dps on Life Tap globals.

3% of 13k = about 390 heals persec, old fel armor was alot better.

Deleted
    Ah, yes. And AoE skills and Demon dps does not count to the health regen. So no, I really notice getting oom and not being able to life tap due to low health.

Maybe they should give Demo a talent wich let you receive healing for AoE spells (wich would be OP, because you wouldn't die anymore :P)? Or x-amount of Demons damage will count as 'your' damage and therefor healing you?

Maybe they should give Demo a talent that lets them gain additional Mana Back when they land spells.

The only spec I ever have to Life Tap in, is Affliction...and even then it's minimal and not during aoe damage phases.

Deleted
    Some people seem to think that drain life heals for more with dots up as affliction, but this is not the case anymore.
    Drain life only deals more damage with dots up but heals the same amount (2% of max health), so it will actually heal the same for all specs, unless you are healing <25% health with Death's Embrace talent.
    The only reason Destruction/Demonology warlocks don't use drain life as much is because it hits for such low damage, and those specs use fel armor for pvp still so it will heal even less.

---------- Post added 2011-02-27 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    He may be talking about fel armor with two talent points in Demonic Aegis which is 6% of damage healing you, which would make it around the same healing as old fel armor on a 100k hp warlock

It's sad how our pet gets healed 5x more than we do rofl

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Yep, true, and second thing, lot of damage from fights is AoE and PET damage, we will not bee healed from our pet damage, and it can do huge difference, old fel armor without talent (only pure spell) with cca 125k HP (normal in raid and PvP) heal us for cca 500 HP/s.

Bumpziez for mah threard.

Why I hate the Fel armor change. Iam safe to say that only spec that has healing probs is Demo, soloing dailies as demo is terribad and it also hurted old dungeon farming. But affliction and destro dont relly have much probs, Affliction u can use drainlife if you need healing and destro has Soul leach

Make fel armor scale with the amount of dots on our current target. 3% base for Fel Armor, Aff gets an extra 1% healing for each Affliction Effect on the target.
    Last edited by SLhyphy; 2011-03-05 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling