Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    AH sales:

ALL rare quality cuts are worth 25~50% less than LK epic gems were.

Red cuts - 100-250g (Same as Wrath epic gems at the END of the expansion)
    Blue cuts - 15-25g
    Yellow cuts - 10-20g
    Green cuts - 15-25g
    Orange cuts - 20-40g
    Purple cuts - 30-50g
    Consider yourself lucky OP, these are the prices on my server -.-, bloody retarded 13 year old jcs

You earn more gold by selling uncut nightstones for 60g each on my realm whenver the daily is up, same with zephyrites.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-02-26 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    someone got mad that he was undercut yesterday on the realm Shadowmoon, and set all of his Superior quality gems to 10g buyout. Completely fucked the economy.
    O: horde or alliance?!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i do good moneys with my JC/alchemist with no problems and shadowspirit diamonds/dragon's eye/rare cuts are ever lower then your OP and ore stacks are ~ the same

i'm at 90k done in the last month with 30 mins a day

Deleted
    The AH on Hellfire-EU is a bit of a joke atm. It actually works out more profitable selling herbs, than to use those herbs to make flasks/potions and sell them on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always have a sense of euphoria whenever I read posts about people complaining that someone has brought AH prices down to reasonable pricing.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

someone got mad that he was undercut yesterday on the realm Shadowmoon, and set all of his Superior quality gems to 10g buyout. Completely fucked the economy.
    oppurtunity??? buyout all and resell for your own price... if he does it again you do it again.. his loss
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    I'm 12, and my balls have been producing men of the sea for quite a long time (Over a year)

PS: Men of the sea = Sea Men = Semen

Jewelcrafting has NEVER been a huge money maker except when there are new gems, but one thing hurting it a bit more this expansion is the fact that people can't use most of the gems on their alts lvling up, because they have an item level requirement.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2011-02-26 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    Uncommon gems

Red/Orange/Yellow - ~25g
    Purple/Blue/Green - 45~100g
    If uncommon gems are so damned expensive on your realm, can't you make a fortune by prospecting ore? How much is a stack of Obsidium Ore?

You know what ... it give me an idea .
    I have all those cut gems in my gbank that I cannot sell because of those AH Bot
    hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Indeed, but its gotten to be the same for Blacksmithing now, on my realm at least. People complain about the price I charge for the orbs, so I had to lower them. Considering theyre not easy to get and the competition to obtain them, people expecting less than 500g for one is retarded.

People seem to have become tight arses and cheap skates in Cataclysm. Did Deathwing rob everyones bank during the shattering?!?
    I'm a blacksmith and I happily sell my orbs for 400g ea, it's plenty for something I get for free.

Indeed, but its gotten to be the same for Blacksmithing now, on my realm at least. People complain about the price I charge for the orbs, so I had to lower them. Considering theyre not easy to get and the competition to obtain them, people expecting less than 500g for one is retarded.
    No sparky, you selling them for 500g is retarded. They are in fact very easy to obtain, I have over 100 of them split between my 4 level 85s. Average price is about 100g on my realm, if you're lucky because no one really wants the shit crafted from them.

I don´t think I have upgraded a piece of my armor in two weeks. For the people who are raiding, we are mostly ´done´for awhile. We will get a random piece here and there, but nothing like the first month or two of the expansion.

Also.. everyone has JCs themselves or in their guild. There never was, nor ever will be, a big profit to be made from cutting gems. The cost of almost all raw materials will ALWAYS be higher in MMOs simple because the premium is on leveling up an alts tradeskill. Right now, my main is much more frequently buying raw materials for my alts then I am buying crafted items for my main. This is a fundemental truth in every MMO since UO.... so please stop crying about it. There are very few opportunities in very limited timespans to make a nice profit off of certain items... but those moments pass quickly and rarely pay for the cost of leveling the crafting profession.

JC is fucked on my realm, I didn't unlearn it but I did level herb/alch on another toon instead. :\

There's always people like that. On my server, there's a guy who post about 35 each of various cut rare gems at 11g-25g for about the past week. I whispered him once to buy the uncut from him for about what he's putting up on AH or slightly more (still under the normal price of AH), instead he charges 60g stating he got plenty to screw with the market. He'll make gold and I'm sure it'll all sell eventually, but that's min. profit compare to the amount of mats he puts in. He's probably raging but hey if he's lowering the price so much that I can get lightning dream emerald for 3 gold, I can just wait until he's out of supply.

remember how inscription didnt make any money? yeah...good times... JC is not gonna go this route so ur fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    remember how inscription didnt make any money? yeah...good times... JC is not gonna go this route so ur fine.
    Inscriptions always made money when Darkmoon Cards were in demand and every kind of glyph you wanted wasn't common. It's no different with JC, every expansion the only way to make big bucks with JC is when there are new gems. You wanna make money now? Sell the new metas that were released with the patch, otherwise stock up on ore and be prepared to prospect tons of it when the epic gems are released.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2011-02-27 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingsara View Post
    It's simply a case of there being a lot less demand for them early in the xpac. In ICC days I was buying multiple gems each week for upgrades for my main and multiple alts but at the moment upgrades are few and far between for my main and I haven't really bothered leveling alts yet.

Patience.
    Yeah, I've thought about it too - but back to what I had originally said - I can pretty much take care of all of my toons by utilizing their professions. All it took was getting their professions up.

For everyone else talking about reasonable cost?

Keep dreaming - it's not that anyone's trying to gouge - well some are, but I don't think this is what this post's about.

And honestly the OP forgot to bring his point across by not mentioning - it costs much more to craft something and sell it than the item is worth - there is something wrong with that.

Other people gathered that from this, I did too.

So when you find that people stopped crafting gems, or belts or flasks, etc - and YOU have to buy the mats for a craft we have - you're ultimately going to spend more gold.

Don't yell at us if we try to turn a tiny profit for something that, I guarantee you, cost us more to level in the beginning.

As for the orbs issue, they need to be BOA - I have 22 orbs sitting on my engineer that will NEVER get used considering blizzard made them good for only ONE EPIC THING.

It's not hard getting orbs and charging 500+ gold for them is ridiculous - if you're doing dungeons just for orbs then you aren't doing it right - there's a lot of money to be made from JP now, like I said - you get farmable items (what did I say, farming is hot hot HOT!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsjalja View Post
    It was no walk in the park during pre tbc, belive me. People grinded elite mobs in tyrs hand hopeing for a blue/epic item to sell. That was pretty much it.
    This is a joke right?

JC is great atm and in a perverse way benefits immensely from the underground botters running rampant in the game. Just for the sake of argument I bought 20 stacks of elementium ore at 53g a piece (1060g). Just by cutting/vendoring the vending the 96 green gems I got and selling the four inferno rubies at 100g a piece I would have made 1204 gold. It's all about the elementium shuffle.. basically a license to print gold so I'm not going to say more in case someone's on my server =o

People seem to have become tight arses and cheap skates in Cataclysm. Did Deathwing rob everyones bank during the shattering?!?
    It's so hard to run a heroic? Ehm