Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dievariandie View Post
    I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but people need to stop genralising.
    Nuff said, no really....... nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoudai View Post
    we raid 4 nights a week, 4 hours each night which i raided for a LONG time with extremely high attendence, until recently where IRL problems and School have taken over WoW and will continue untill i have enough spare time to get back into the game, seriously.
    Isn't this one of the points people are trying to make about playing with younger people, the lack of control over their own playtime.

Besides that, I wonder how all these kids here are getting their money. I have started raiding 3 times a week again since a year but that is only because I finished school and don't have to work evenings anymore. How can you raid 4 times a week and still have time to do homework, work, play sports, go to the gym, hang out with friends and have a girlfriend?

People, no matter the age, will be retards, if they choose to be.
    People, no matter the age, will have excuses to leave a raid/guild event early.
    People, no matter the age, will be bad at their class/spec, if they choose to be.

Age has nothing to do with anything. It's all player based. If you hate younger players solely because they could be bad, you should just stop playing. Everyone who plays can be bad. There's no age group that are just made of pros.

And no, there's no "generally, I find that younger kids act out more" shit that applies here. I can say "I find that most college students are terrible because they have no respect, cry about everything, and get drunk too often". But that's only a small minority of them. It's the same with young people.

If you don't even give them a shot, you're in the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    they whine and complain

Some reasons why people dont like younger players:
    1. "soz guys gotta go mom said its bedtime @22:00"
    2. immature jokes in guild chat
    3. they dont understand "mature jokes"
    4. usually talk/write way to much in guild chat/vent
    5. they don't have gold because they buy "cool shit" from the AH instead of sparing it for epic gems/enchants
    6. they usually can't accept that other people know their class better and they simply refuse to do things as you tell them

I m not saying that every 12 y old kid is like this, but many are, and to avoid these problems, you simply invite older players to your guild.
    Sticks and stones break my bones but it’s the words that make me cry.

Off-topic internet poet. Habbekrats' pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are 13 you should try and avoid Guild Chat all together unless absolutely necessary. Never talk on vent EVER. Preform well in raids, be on time, and stay the entire length of the raid. If there is no reason for you to be punished for your age than you won't.

I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but
    people need to stop genralising
    Sounds like you're a eager participant on the "genralising" bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoshadow View Post
    Use proper spelling and grammar, always be polite, don't rage and such.
    Then they never suspect you're actually 10+ years younger than them.
    This worked for me when I first started wow. My guild was rather surprised when they learned my age several years later.

The only thing I have against them is they sometimes look 20. The mature ones that still feel the need to dress slutty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
    There's no prejudice against people 12 - 14. It's anyone below 18... sheesh.

The thing you have to think about though, is how often do you go down town or to the park and see 25 year olds hanging out with 15 year olds? Unless they're related in some way, people don't tend to stray out of their age groups like that anywhere, why should it be different ingame?
    I have to agree with this,besides,people my age catch grief for playing video games

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing when I was 14 (now I'm 19), which was vanilla-era, and hey, no one made a big deal about my age. The thing is many kids ACT like kids, which isn't surprising. But when you're with older players who expect some level of maturity, if you want respect then you have to live up to that sort of maturity that they're after. Also the fact that they my guild of five years didn't know my age till 2 years after I joined might've contributed to their "respect" per se.

Just act maturely and don't be childish. It may be a game but there are more adults in WoW than there are children.

There are also many adults who act like children...just don't mind them.

Because your squeaky puberty voices distract everyone on vent.

i myself am 13, and ive been playing since i was eight. but whenever i see people whining or trolling people always seem to respond "what are you twelve?"
    and i to be honest think this is unfair. I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but people need to stop genralising. I also find people are less willing to be in a group/raid with some one who is twelve/thirteen. What are your thoughts on this?
    Rofl, your grammar there isn't helping your case, bub.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

i myself am 13, and ive been playing since i was eight. but whenever i see people whining or trolling people always seem to respond "what are you twelve?"
    and i to be honest think this is unfair. I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but people need to stop genralising. I also find people are less willing to be in a group/raid with some one who is twelve/thirteen. What are your thoughts on this?
    I personally have been using the term "what are you, 12?" for like 10 years. Nothing new, just means your acting childish

Deleted
    I'm 18 and started playing in Wrath at 16 (Wrath-baby and underage, go me). But I took the time to learn how the game works and I was pulling top DPS in ICC by the end of Wrath.
    I know a lot of younger people act immature, can't use language correctly and don't make the effort to learn the game and/or play as part of a team. But there are many, many good players at this age. The people that say "all under 18's can't play WoW properly" are just as ignorant as people who stand in the fire or don't listen to the Raid Leader. In fact their ignorance may even be worse than someone who just doesn't play WoW properly, as they're "grown-up", supposedly mature people. At least these nooby kids have time to learn to play the game and mature IRL.

Their voice.

More seriously, I really don't mind so long as they don't act childish. I've known 14 year olds that are more mature than some of the 50+ year olds I've met in my time in WoW and other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Erm... What? You should NEVER lose to someone not wearing gear unless they are exploiting something. Just saying, that has nothing to do with age, even my dog could beat someone not wearing any gear.[COLOR="red"]
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=6140

Skip forward to 21:30

Edit: Or this even (~7min in) http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=26540
    Last edited by mmoca70212b9fb; 2011-02-27 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    They are generally really, really bad at this video game.
    And also generally are really...really...annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post

That is "very" old though, and was possible because eviscerate had flat-damage.

Now it's practically impossible to gank someone naked if they're trying to fight back.

because , when u meet the biggest trolls in general chat on vent. its always a 14 yr old kid. whos parents never paid attention to him. so, he acts like a asss hat. in real life he gets picked on in school. so, he acts like a e thug on the game. 13 and 14 yr old that play wow. always always are like this.