Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    They are generally really, really bad at this video game.
    while they think they are gods.

and the majority of them are realy immature.

We tried having a few players under 18 in our guild but it didn't work out too well. They ended up either ninjaing the GB, being pest in guild chat, being a pest in vent or a combination of all three. After the last one left we decided to stay 18 and up.

i only have problems with 12-14yo boys... the girls are fine
    Last edited by Moozart; 2011-02-27 at 09:27 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dievariandie View Post
    i myself am 13, and ive been playing since i was eight. but whenever i see people whining or trolling people always seem to respond "what are you twelve?"
    and i to be honest think this is unfair. I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but people need to stop genralising. I also find people are less willing to be in a group/raid with some one who is twelve/thirteen. What are your thoughts on this?
    in some years, u will see why.

I thought the same when i was 14 (or so). why ppl be hatin on me. And now that im 18, its pretty obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

I got Grand Crusader, Death's Demise, Celestial Defender, and pre buff LK when I was 14. A lot of the guilds I app'd to seemed to make it a point that I was half their age, but I always reminded them I am twice as progressed.

My attitude towards younger players is the same one I have towards women, and any another minority in wow. If you're good, then we have room for you in our guild and our raids. If you are bad, then there's the door.
    Last edited by Nation; 2011-02-27 at 09:41 PM.

"We are each a Nation, independent, free of all weakness.."

I'm also fairly young 15 now but I started playing video games when I was about 8 too. most people who start from a younger age pick up better manners skills and well they just mature because there around adults most of the time although that being said you have the Adult Idiots and the Child idiots but you don't generally see them unless your in a random Dungeon or Battleground. I don't think being 16+ Solves anything if I'm honest we all have our Childish sides whether we like to admit it or not but I do agree the Generalisation is kind of annoying but I guess that's just how life works I for one tend to get on with most people constant use of the "^^" Smiley normally makes me seem like I nice guy that people don't mind chatting too like plenty have said before if you talk politely kindly and you treat others with manners no one would suspect you we're young. Anyway that's my 2 cents have a nice night ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    i only have problems with 12-14yo boys... the girls are fine
    That sentence sounds so very very wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
    There's no prejudice against people 12 - 14. It's anyone below 18... sheesh.

The thing you have to think about though, is how often do you go down town or to the park and see 25 year olds hanging out with 15 year olds? Unless they're related in some way, people don't tend to stray out of their age groups like that anywhere, why should it be different ingame?
    This and more.

<generalization-simplifying>
    Pre-teen through teens: young, immature, think they know things
    Late teens: still immature, actually believe they know things and have an attitude about it
    Early twenties: maturing, learning that a lot of things don't go your way, learning how things generally work
    Late twenties: hopefully matured, starting to really understand they don't know 1/10th of what they need to know.
    Continues process........

Add in "been there, done that" / seen that
    Add in cultural changes: music, movies, politics ...

</generalization-simplifying>

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That sentence sounds so very very wrong
    Indeed, there is being funny and there is being disgusting. Moozart's sentence falls into the latter

10+ Year Old Account
    As a general rule, teenagers simply do not have the maturity to deal with groups if it consists of mostly adults. Sure there's the odd one who are matured beyond his/her years, but we don't let teenagers vote for a reason.

Deleted
    I agree, I'm 14, played since vanilla launch and cleared 9/15 naxx 40 as a Resto Druid, my guild always thought I was over 16 by the way I acted / the language I used, and still people to this day are shocked that I'm 14 when I tell them :P People need to stop generalising things like this...

10+ Year Old Account
    They make stupid threads like "How do we sit on Firehawks?"

It feels wrong hanging out with young kids on the internet. Freakin creepy. Thats why our guild is adults only and thats how I personaly think it should be.

/threadWIN

lol so today i log on to one of my alts and as i am running around questing i realize that some retard is kicking everyone out of the guild (myself included) this lasted about 5 min and he managed to kick about 50-60 people. the idiot kicking everyone was in fact a 12 year old son of the guild leader. why did he do it? because he was in a dungeon with another guildie and couldn't roll on a mail helm because he is a paladin. he begged the guildie to give him the helm because "it was better then his green helm" and got flamed by the rest of the group for being a pally that wears mail. kicking people out of the guild was his way of getting revenge... it took about an hour or so for other officers to stop the chaos, re-invite everyone that was kicked and promote them to appropriate rank. after the "dust settled" the kid was removed from officer rank by his dad, and a bunch of people left the guild....

this incident is one of many examples why 12-year olds get a bad rep in wow.

Deleted
    I keep going against this, merely because I AM thirteen year old. Of course, most people with the age that I have is immature, doesn't know how to do a lot of stuff, says 'u', and '2', and 'ffs' and such all the time, but not everyone is like this. I'm thirteen, I come from Holland and I think I can both speak and write English fluently. My point is: People who say ''18+ to join our guild is must''... I feel discriminated. Seeing as I have the right gear, know how to spec, gem, and enchant, can speak English and am social (Atleast on WoW) against those who are friendly to me. But people just say no to my age, giving me a really low chance to progress in PvE or PvP (rated battlegrounds etc.) And then you're missing a part of the game. I love to down bosses, I love to achieve something with a group I am socializing with a lot, but I won't even get in. They don't look at my applications, or do not allow me to apply. I really hate this.

I'm currently in the best guild of my server for me: They respect me as a twenty-year old, we have fun, we do Vanilla, BC and WoTLK raids just because majority of our guild isn't skilled enough, but we don't care. We just do stuff together, and RP a military guild; lovely. But for my alts there just ain't anything I can join which will ensure me off some progress.

Deleted
    No problem with "Kids", but not in my raids.

"Mom says I have to go to bed now"

"Wait, I have to clean the dishes or Dad is going to be angry"

No lies, just 2 quotes I heard during raid night...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    explaining will do nothing. you'll have to wait until you're older to understand. GL kid. no sarcasm.

Sadly this is probably one of the more straight forward answers. If I could do my life over with the knowledge I have now I'd be a totally different person also.

For the OP don't grow up too fast. You're not going to be young forever.

To be frank, I was playing this games since I was 10. I have personally grown and expanded my thoughts and know exactly how immature I was while playing this game - Most of the time pre-teen players simply aren't respectful and nice to other players. I regret many decisions I made in those days, but I feel I have made myself a better more respectful person by going through that phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

Deleted
    Kids ingame are like herpes. They're annoying,obnoxious, mostly harmless and they simply will NOT go away.

Oh and they refuse to take advice from their superiors.
    Pro tip : want to be accepted by the older crowd? Stop acting like you know everything best. You dont, infact, you dont even know alot. Shut up and listen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dievariandie View Post
    i myself am 13, and ive been playing since i was eight. but whenever i see people whining or trolling people always seem to respond "what are you twelve?"
    and i to be honest think this is unfair. I know a large proportion of 12-14 year olds are annoying imature idiots but people need to stop genralising. I also find people are less willing to be in a group/raid with some one who is twelve/thirteen. What are your thoughts on this?
    They generally are immature, blabbering, illiteral and of limited intellect.

Generally. Ofcourse there are exceptions but, they are few.