Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would you Still play WoW if it was free?

Well as the topic says. would you?

but please consider all the facts.

People nerd rage / rage quit over retards playing now. but if it was Free... there might be ALLOT more of them.

Can't really think of a plus to it apart from you wouldn't have a monthly subscription.

"F2P" with itemshop, like LotR? Hell no, I'd quit in a heartbeat.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

You kidding? I would play the hell out of it, considering how I don't play atm due to money issues

Eventually I wouldn't see how Blizz would be able to keep the quality up, and I would probably quit.

The quality would go down crashing, hard. So maybe for the first three-four months, but after that, no.

If it would get to the point where you pay real money to armor and weapons, then only the people willing to drop serious money into the game are going to win. I'll move on to other games in a heartbeat.

It would depend on the amount of support the game would get. If the support went down drastically, I'd probably get tired of the game.

Deleted
    What's with all those "Would you play wow if" threads all over the boards? Is this some kind of cheap market research tactics? Blizzard is spying enough as it is and they see if you would play if whatever anyway.

yes i would play more but the second that happens ill be shutting off trade chat on all my toons

Deleted
    It already is free.

*cough* private servers *cough*

If it turned to the LoTR type of micro transaction crap I would quit it instantly.

The in game pets and mounts are a non issue, if I don't want to buy them it doesn't affect me at all in game.

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KpEMuKoBcu View Post
    It already is free.

*cough* private servers *cough*
    God mode, and no friends to play with, yeah thats as much fun as playing a multi player FPS by yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends alot of quality. If it would stay the same as it is now, sure (I have nothing against Blizzard nor Cataclysm,sorry) if it would drop then probs quit. But Free is free, right?

Deleted
    Beta was free, everyone was nice to each other. But that was not for everyone, so I dunno.
    Does it include free game, or just no monthly fee?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play less tbh.. As I wont feel forced to play because I payed for it.

Deleted
    If it was like DDO hell yeah i would play it.

But it wont happen for a long time, theres millions of sub so Blizzard doesnt have any b plans.

Deleted
    It's interesting how people react in this topic: the quality and the support would go down. While sooo many people are qqing about the quality and the support.

I think the correct term is 'lol'.

Just because a game is free doesn't mean you're not paying for it. In other Free to Play games, you buy your gold, you buy items, armor, xp boosts, etc with real currency in lieu of paying $15 a month. Not only is the quality of these games typically pretty poor, you probably end up paying way more this way if you're interested in gaining a competitive edge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handbrake89 View Post
    Beta was free, everyone was nice to each other. But that was not for everyone, so I dunno.
    Does it include free game, or just no monthly fee?
    Think you can also add that people were nice cause the game was new. People who play longer will usually have less patience with new players - especially if they do things that really really obvious

Deleted
    If no money went to blizzard then... no updates would come and the game would begin to suck, so no, i'm guessing that i would stop pretty fast.

If absolutely nothing else changed (the development staff, content patches, etc) sure, I could easily find something else to spend that $15 on.

But if the removal of the fee lead to a decline in quality, I'd probably jet. New content patches are what keep me in the game.