Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlight the Warlock View Post
    Why would have Blizz changed rebuke to be baseline, rather than for just ret if tanks weren't meant to interupt. Unless you want to have a vital DPS come off drakes on Hc Halfus, you need a hit capped tank to interupt every Shadow Nova. And while we're on the topic of Shadow Nova. How come they nerfed it so that every one is interuptable with tank interupts? Odd that. Aswell as the fact that in 4.1.0, all interupts have a 100% chance to hit, baseline. This again proves your
    "lol tanks rnt suposd to intarupt lolll" theory wrong.

Also, your raid progress isn't of a sufficient level to be giving advice to people, potential raid leaders of a better progressing guild than you, on their group comp. I think they know what they're doing.

So there's more factual evidence of Hit>Avoidance for you. Bearing in mind these are facts and things implimented to stop tanks like Theelis here, avoid interupting and wiping the group because tanks interupting to keep the entire 10/25 man group alive is "so idiotic it's unreal"
    Well at the end of the day if I had to reach the hitcap i'd lose so much avoidance that i'd be unhealable, i'm quite able to throw both of my interrupts at a spell, if one misses then it misses but the chance of the other one missing is so low that i'm able to interrupt it. if its a mechanic that is vital to the fight and would cause the raid to wipe if uninterrupted then usually the dps who are generally hitcapped can do it succesfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Theelis View Post
    I'd suggest changing your raid composition. Rellying on a tank for vital interrupts is so idiotic it's unreal.
    Tanks at no point should keep hit or reforge to it. End of story.
    I suggest some people stop being so judgemental, our guild is a group of friends and we aren't kicking out someone because he rolled a "wrong" class, our raid comp is pretty healthy buff-wise, armor-type wise and melee/ranged balance wise, having everything "perfect" is just impossible in a 10 man. For example, we have no Shaman. I'd rather reforge to hit cap that go around and blame fellow raiders. I left my previous guild exactly because they treated people like pawns - oh, wrong class to the encounter? forget seeing it, just shut up and sit on the bench. No thanks.

Well at the end of the day if I had to reach the hitcap i'd lose so much avoidance that i'd be unhealable,
    When you get around full epic gear that ceases to be the case. I've got around 12% dodge 12% parry 60% block fully buffed (and 142k HP unbuffed which accidentally never prove to be too low, don't remember how it is fully buffed now). Yes, I gemmed mastery at the expense of stamina but my avoidance is more than decent.

To the OP's question:
    threat stats - expertise until softcap, hit / expertise until hardcap, never gem / enchant strength / crit / haste unless you're capped on exp / hit, someone linked tankspot thread with stats coefficients.
    For single target glyph shield slam + seal of truth (and never EVER tank with seal of insight, always seal of truth - 10 expertise is huge asset) + crusader's strike / judgement (but if you aoe, use hammer of the righteous, much better glyph overall), then for single target focused shield + consecrate.
    Talent wise skip all crap like eternal glory and any holy talents, spec crusade + rule of law in ret. and reckoning + seals of the pure + hallowed ground in prot. (don't have to remind talents everyone take like wrath of the lightbringer, sacred duty etc.), 1 point in grand crusader is usually enough, will be better next patch though for more holy power.
    Rotation: Crusader Strike - Judgement - CS - Avenger's Shield - CS - Shield Slam - CS - Judge - Consecrate / Grand Crusader proc. - CS - Shield, replace Consecrate / AS with Hammer of wrath when low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I suggest some people stop being so judgemental, our guild is a group of friends and we aren't kicking out someone because he rolled a "wrong" class, our raid comp is pretty healthy buff-wise, armor-type wise and melee/ranged balance wise, having everything "perfect" is just impossible in a 10 man. For example, we have no Shaman. I'd rather reforge to hit cap that go around and blame fellow raiders. I left my previous guild exactly because they treated people like pawns - oh, wrong class to the encounter? forget seeing it, just shut up and sit on the bench. No thanks.
    This is why you have offspecs also, all melee classes have an interrupt, as do many of the ranged.

When you get around full epic gear that ceases to be the case. I've got around 12% dodge 12% parry 60% block fully buffed (and 142k HP unbuffed which accidentally never prove to be too low, don't remember how it is fully buffed now). Yes, I gemmed mastery at the expense of stamina but my avoidance is more than decent.
    You expect people who are doing progression raiding to have full epic gear. Please tell me which crazy universe you live in.

I'm assuming you also don't know about the avoidance cap. You want to be aiming for just over 102% combined avoidance. And if you say you have full epic gear then you should have this along with around 150k hp.
    Last edited by mmoc45acec1ac1; 2011-03-12 at 08:50 AM.

I'm assuming you also don't know about the avoidance cap. You want to be aiming for just over 102% combined avoidance. And if you say you have full epic gear then you should have this along with around 150k hp.
    I'm assuming you know that with full epic gear this isn't reasonably attainable.

I'm assuming you know that on 10m heroic halfus the enrage timer is a very serious consideration and dedicating a dps to halfus interrupts hinders this consideration and that a single missed shadow nova with halfus + whelps + drake/2 drakes is very possibly an instant wipe due to the already very high tank/raid damage.

I'm assuming too much because you don't know these things. All you are doing is spouting off theorycrafting that you read and have never put into practice. Until 4.1 and interrupts off the GCD can't miss, hit has its place for tanks on certain encounters. This is pretty off-topic though as the OP is weighing the merits of hit/expertise for damage dealing purposes, not interrupting duties. That said, many guilds gear faster than they progress and for farm nights there is no reason at all not to reforge for the hit/expertise softcap to speed things up.

Switching in a hit trinket and eating hit food is usually enough for me to interrupt. But then I'm in the same situation- in 10 mans, if I get assigned to interrupt, I don't want to miss one and wipe the raid.

I interrupt on halfus, council and cho'gall. Our druid tank is fully hit capped/exp capped and interrupts on maloriak, council and nef phase 2.

:edit, on topic: When I want to deal more damage I make sure to hit cap and use expertise tanking items.
    Last edited by Miedo; 2011-03-13 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    On-topic.

Hit/Exp as a damage dealing stat isn't very powerfull for tanks. I do around the 10k mark as it is with only the hit left on my gear from reforges. Strength and Vengeance stacking accounts for a lot of your extra damage. Bare that in mind when choosing a stat to increase damage output.

Hit/Exp as a damage dealing stat isn't very powerfull for tanks. I do around the 10k mark as it is with only the hit left on my gear from reforges. Strength and Vengeance stacking accounts for a lot of your extra damage. Bare that in mind when choosing a stat to increase damage output.
    TLDR Summary:

• Expertise and Hit are our best DPS stats below their respective caps (8% for hit, 26 for expertise soft cap). When gearing for DPS/threat, you should be aiming for 8% hit and around 26 expertise. From that point on, stack Strength or more expertise threat (Strength is slightly better if WoGging, expertise is ahead for standard 939).

Source: I can't post links because I just registered but google Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Get more Hit/expertise and strength is all i can recomend

Quote Originally Posted by Iteron View Post
    I'm assuming too much because you don't know these things. All you are doing is spouting off theorycrafting that you read and have never put into practice.
    Funny how this remark coincides with Theelis removing his sig, where everyone could see he killed 5 bosses on normal, yet this person would say so judgementally I should change my raidcomp for Nefarian, boss he has never seen except youtube.

Btw here is the graph for threat stats:
    https://sites.google.com/site/matlab...06a_CS_exp.png
    Taken from
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic
    which was already linked here before.
    Anyway, everything you need about maximizing your threat is on the linked site.

Deleted
    Funny how this remark coincides with Theelis removing his sig, where everyone could see he killed 5 bosses on normal, yet this person would say so judgementally I should change my raidcomp for Nefarian, boss he has never seen except youtube.

Btw here is the graph for threat stats:
    https://sites.google.com/site/matlab...06a_CS_exp.png
    Taken from
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic
    which was already linked here before.
    Anyway, everything you need about maximizing your threat is on the linked site.
    I didn't remove it. I got infracted for it being over 50kb It was removed for me.

Get Hit, Get Exp. After that simply go for Mastery -> Dodge -> Parry.
    Dmg is not our problem, and interrupting..... Rebuke is of GCD i dont see a reason NOT to use it and i dont see a reason NOT to interrupt any spellcast you ever see. Ur the tank u hold aggro after that you stay alive with CD's and interrupt. nothing else for you to do.

I'd suggest changing your raid composition. Rellying on a tank for vital interrupts is so idiotic it's unreal.
    I would say Blizzard highly disagrees with you seeing how rebuke became baseline and interrupts will be unable to miss after the next patch.
    Anyone able to nuance their thoughts and opinions would also disagree with you and realise you're often left with little alternatives in a 10-man raid. 3 reliable interrupts pretty much means 3 melee DPS (or perhaps an elemental shaman) which isn't feasible or possible for every guild/raid.