Help with Hit / Haste Balance for Destruction

Hi all,

I just gotten (Signet of High Arcanist Savor)http://www.wowhead.com/item=67129 off the AH and was wondering if I should replace the rep haste ring with it.

I will be raiding with my guild this week and I do have the other hit trinket [Anhuur's Hymnal] (http://www.wowhead.com/item=56407) on stand by to reach 17%.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to reforge/balance my haste/hit for raid? Currently I have most of my gear reforge to haste because I only ran heroics.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhair/advanced

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crit>Haste for destro at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlob View Post
    This goes against everything that has been said on this forum for the last month, mind giving us your awesome new source of information?

Quote Originally Posted by pkl2k View Post
    Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to reforge/balance my haste/hit for raid? Currently I have most of my gear reforge to haste because I only ran heroics.
    The best way to figure this out is to simulate your character with SimulationCraft and use the stat weights you're given to calculate which item is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is by far the best stat since the loss of the 15% haste talent.

To get your 17% hit reforge mastery then crit then haste into hit. Dont gem for it (except 20int/20hit with an int socket bonus).

On pieces with hit on them already reforge mastery (or crit) into haste if possible.
    Last edited by Honzi; 2011-03-01 at 11:51 PM.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Haste is by far the best stat since the loss of the 15% haste talent.

To get your 17% hit reforge mastery then crit then haste into hit. Dont gem for it (except 20int/20hit with an int socket bonus).

On pieces with hit on them already reforge mastery (or crit) into haste.
    Ah... reforge Crit to Haste. I think that's where the problem I had. I always thought it was better to keep Crit and not reforge it.

Thanks for your inputs.

Now I'll go reforge all my Mastery -> Hit, and the rest if not hit capped from Crit to Haste.

Mute yourself already.

I raid with cca 15% hit rating, gem int + haste gems for 30% haste (second Immolate tick) and have 80% of gear with haste like main stat and reforget for hit second stat.

I mean it is good deal, second tick do more than 1k DPS jump in Destro build, and it is more than 2% hit and cca 100 intelect.

I am currently struggling with this myself. I am not sure what the best balance is, right now im like 16.81% and about 1884 haste. I just cant seem to do the damage i feel like i should be doing though.

Nothing like missing a hardcasted SF or Conflag but with the horribly low amount of gear with Hit it is hard to reach 17%. I am at the highest hit% I have been at since ICC.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Deleted
    I also find myself struggling with hit from time to time, but I wouldn't want to raid with less than 17% at any point.

10+ Year Old Account
    ~15% hit is what I raid with and I rarely to never miss a cast. I'm also under the second tick haste threshold.

Basically, if you are going for a haste heavy gear set and can't reach the second tick of dots, having more haste ends up being a DPS loss. It's only a gain if it gets you that extra tick. Before that second tick haste threshold, crit is more valuable. Why? Because having 2000 haste will only minimally decrease cast time. It won't even be noticeable since you won't be gaining extra ticks.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-03-02 at 11:08 PM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Just to answer the OP: Hit is better than haste, unless you're close enough (and capable of) changing enough of it to haste to get an extra tick on Immolate. When raid buffed (So you have the 5% spellhaste buff, as well as 3% extra haste from Dark Intent), you'll need 220 haste for the first extra tick of Immolate, and 2588 haste to get a second extra tick of Immolate. (Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-%284.0.6%29)

Since you're mostly in heroic gear, with "pre-raid" epics, reaching 2588 haste isn't realistic yet; you might be able to but the amount of other stats you'd sacrifice would be too big for it still be a DPS gain. As such, you should be aiming to reforge to the hit cap, and then reforge any extra you can towards haste. You should also really be aiming for having as many Brilliant Cardinal Rubies in your gear as possible; intellect is a lot better than the other stats, and it's generally better to lose out on the socket bonus unless you break even on the amount of intellect.

As two examples from your gear: Your helm is perfectly gemmed already; using a pure int gem in there would lose you 10 int and 20 hit rating, obviously a bad thing. Your belt however, could do with being gemmed purely for intellect. Your robes are a trickier one to answer; while it's 20 intellect lower, you do gain 20 in some of our more valuable ratings; though it's slightly better to use a Reckless (Haste/Int) gem than a Potent (Crit/Int) gem in there. Primarily gemming for pure intellect is also due to a simple reason: Gems can potentially give intellect, but reforging can't, and intellect is a better DPS stat than hit is. So you want your gems to be focused on what reforging can't give, yet focus your reforging on the best it can give, which takes me back to the first paragraph of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Morath View Post
    I raid with cca 15% hit rating, gem int + haste gems for 30% haste (second Immolate tick) and have 80% of gear with haste like main stat and reforget for hit second stat.

I mean it is good deal, second tick do more than 1k DPS jump in Destro build, and it is more than 2% hit and cca 100 intelect.
    Can you link me your armory, I'm curious to know what pieces of gear you have to get you to that next tick, because I'm struggling to hit that 30% haste needed

Quote Originally Posted by Örchid View Post
    Can you link me your armory, I'm curious to know what pieces of gear you have to get you to that next tick, because I'm struggling to hit that 30% haste needed
    It helps to be a goblin in this case.

Armory Link

Organized my gear around getting as much hit as possible while maintaining goblin haste threshold (2437, 2438 to be safe), while also getting the 4piece. Have a few perhaps questionable gemming choices (namely head), but I'm still working a few things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordcrimmeh View Post
    It helps to be a goblin in this case.

Armory Link

Organized my gear around getting as much hit as possible while maintaining goblin haste threshold (2437, 2438 to be safe), while also getting the 4piece. Have a few perhaps questionable gemming choices (namely head), but I'm still working a few things out.
    4th set bonus just sucks, i have my gloves in bank, trying 5 minutes on dummy to proc Fel Spark... nothing :X, but chest, legs, head and shoulders are good items (gloves have not haste or hit = crap), but I am unlucky for shoulders, and now I using 372 from Atramedes HM.

4Örchid: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orath/advanced

Another example, again goblin, this one using the 90 haste food to get there: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ursia/advanced