Deleted

Questions about conclave of wind heroic 10

Hello guys:

Our raid tried conclave of wind heroic 10 last night and we had a bit problems with Rohash (sand). So I 'd like to ask for your suggestions and hopefully it might be helpful to others as well for future raiding.

First of all, we tried to have a warlock and shadow priest on the platform but quickly dimissed the idea, beucase they just died way too fast during shield phase. I know most guilds use a rogue in the situation. We don't have a regular rogue in our 10 man, but for this particular fight, we asked our hunter to use his rogue alt. So for the rest of night we had a rogue and mage on the platform.

Our third healer only stepped on Rohash's platform right before shield phase. He can just about keep the rogue and mage alive during the phase. So I would like to ask what your strategy is on Rohash platform? And also usually how many ticks does Rohash damage your group before you break his shield? (I saw some 25 HM videos, there were susually two or three ticks maximum before the shield was broken) Did we miss anything on this platform?

Any suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Deleted
    We use a rogue+mage+holy priest. Rogue solos 1st and 2nd ultimate, mage solos 3rd with ice block (i.e the other 2 guys jumps to frost until debuffs reset).

Shield is usually down in 1.5-3s

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue and Ret Paladin with a Resto Shaman on Rohashs platform. Shield normally gets 1, maybe 2 ticks. We have them pool their miniture cooldowns before the shield is about to pop. (Our rogue pools 100 Energy with 5 combo points and the Retadin makes sure he has Templars Verdict up with 3 Holy Power) Our Rogue switches between Mind Numbing and Instant (I think) between the fight to reduce damage. Ret Paladin and Resto Shaman jump to Nezir before ultimate and Rogue eats Rohashs ultimate with feint and recuperate up.

Deleted
    Same as above, aside from the healer being a holy paladin with glyphed divine protection. The ret paladin and rogue also use feint / glyphed divine protection. Makes the storm shield easily doable even if you fail big time and let it tick 5 times. Rogue cloaks ultimate and recuperates and you repeat.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice so far. It all seems you guys' raids break his shield off really quick...

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 03:25 PM ----------

Also I like to say that Rogue plays a significant part in this fight, kind of a bad design for 10 man encounter. We have to bag one of our mains, there is no other class can do what Rogue does in this fight. Just a thought.
    Last edited by mmoc837e89e126; 2011-03-03 at 03:26 PM.