Target/focus macro

Is there a way to create a macro that will everytime i switch target it will automatically switch my last target to focus?

ex.
    in bg fighting opponent a
    opponent b runs into fight
    switch to opponent b to cc (this is where the macro will switch opponent a to focus)
    switch back to opponent a (opponent a is active target now opponent b switches to focus)

Is there any way to make something like this work?
    Last edited by Ninurta; 2011-03-03 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, like this:
    Code:
    /stopmacro [@mouseover, noexists]
    /focus
    /tar mouseover

Nothing that will work automatically, best you can do is a macro to set focus when you CC and switch back to last target.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead][@focus,help][mod:alt]
    /focus [harm,nodead]
    /cast [@focus,exists][]Polymorph
    /stopmacro [@focus,noexists]
    /targetlasttarget
    Will clear focus if focus is dead, friendly or alt is held (override), then focus your current target if they are not dead and enemy, casts polymorph on focus if they exist or target if not.
    The stopmacro is there to stop your target jumping around if you never focused anyone and are using the CC on target.

There may be better ways to do it, this is just what I pulled from my ass and it's messy.

I would be more tempting to go for an elegant mouseover.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead]
    /focus [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast [@focus][] Polymorph
    This one will simply focus when you mouseover then cast on your focus. Also means if you are a melee class you won't be reseting swing timers quite as much jumping between targets.

I am presuming that you want to cast CC at the same time.

yes and no if i am fighting 2 i usually alt the cc 2 then 2 for diminishing returns

---------- Post added 2011-03-03 at 02:29 PM ----------

So what I am really looking for though is when i click on a new target my current target automatically gets set to focus.

Deleted
    That ain't possible.

The only way imaginable I can think of is perhaps if you use Clique and set up the macro given to you in your enemy click-set. But it's still a long stretch.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-03-04 at 12:11 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Cool

I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for. But it works great. Just key bind this to the forward or back button on your mouse or something.

/cleartarget [target=target, dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus, dead]
    /target focus
    /cleartarget [target=focus, noexists]
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget

Basically you target who you want to focus. Press the macro and it clears your target and makes it your focus. Then you select your main target, and whenever you press it again it just swaps your target with your focus and your focus with your target.

Focus target switch reply

/clearfocus [target=target]
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus target
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast [target=focus] cyclone
    for me as a feral druid i need this to happend on the target in 2v2 that i dont attack. What this does:

in the start you have to chose a focus target, then you go attack the other target... When you switch target to the "curently" focus target, this macro will remove the focus of that target and make it on your last target + cyclone it or whatever ability it is.

As for me i dont have any other buttons for cyclone but for this macro, u dont even have to switch the focus target untill u need to CC the other person, then it will automaticly cyclone and focus it over to him. So you can still keep the focus target on your attacking target until you use one of your CC abilitys.

This makes it very easy to just switch target for 5 sec also that u dont need to switch the focus before u "really need it". This works best for 2v2 as you only have 2 targets. So this macro makes it easy to cc as a feral druid. But if u need to cc your current target (as in a resto druid having his lifebloom soon out) this macro wont help, so it helps to have a extra key somewhere to cyclone your current target also.

Remember to go into Interface - Controls - and turn Sticky Targeting[OFF].
    If this is [On] and you klick with your mouse button outside in the field and lose the portrait of your player, you will have a "No target" as a targetlasttarget. This means that you wont have the macro to run in reverse - reverse of what you target.
    With Sticky Targeting[Off] you wont have that problem, you will always have one of them in target even if you klick your mouse outside in the field.
    Last edited by mywolf; 2011-08-21 at 10:11 PM.