Healing Chimaeron

Holy priest here. My guild just got to this boss in 25m and I was wondering if you could give us a few good pointers on how to heal through this boss effectively.

Currently, we're struggling at keeping everyone up with 6 healers. I know you don't need to heal above 10k, but people are still dying. Whats the easiest way to do this fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Spread out so people don't get hit twice. If you're just now getting to Chimaeron, then you probably need to use 9 healers. Stack up and use all aoes during Feud. Pally/druid dps should be using Holy Radiance/Tranquility too.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

Quote Originally Posted by Aveykin View Post
    Spread out so people don't get hit twice. If you're just now getting to Chimaeron, then you probably need to use 9 healers. Stack up and use all aoes during Feud. Pally/druid dps should be using Holy Radiance/Tranquility too.
    9 healers is a bit crazy. I just hope their DPS doesn't suck. Chimaeron has a berserk timer of 8 min.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On 10-man we use 4 healers although we should be able to do it with 3, it just makes it much easier. The dps requirements aren't huge, and healers need to dps in final phase anyway. So in 25-man 8 should be plenty.

The key thing for us to get down this fight when we were minimally geared was to have strict healing assignments. Each healer should have 3 or 4 max targets to heal. The main tank actually off tanks this fight and taunts for double attacks. The regular tank can be someone in dps spec/gear, just keep them above 10k health. DK is great for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild does 10-mans so it's a bit different, but usually we have resto druid on tanks (hots seem to make it easier to keep them alive) and we split 2 healers, holy pally being myself, and a shaman/priest between the raid, each of us being responsible for the others in our group (4 people minus tanks). A 25-man variation of that may work, with designated healing assignments and fast heals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebernard View Post
    9 healers is a bit crazy. I just hope their DPS doesn't suck. Chimaeron has a berserk timer of 8 min.
    The healers dpsing in phase 2 should help compensate for this

6 healers are a bit too low. 8-9 while learning this fight might be better for you. try it with 9 healers first, if there are no complaints about dying raidmembers or mana problemes, go with 8 healers.

use disc priests with bubble for feud-phase to counter those spits. diviny hymn/tranqs help aswell, if you use them wisely. as other posters said, stay spread out, assign healers to specific groups, if there are 3 targets with "low health", have other healers help out but try to coordinate that. you dont want dead people in your raid.

hope that fits
    regards
    +++ Why Me - Wrathbringer EU +++
    ~~~ Vilden ~~~
    7/7 Heroic - 25man: World 18th - German 2nd

My raid does 3 healers on 10-man... that might explain why it is so hard to recover from bad RNG.

This boss takes a bit of getting used to making sure your healers are only healing above the 10k mark. Also make sure that any dps like SP are not using abilities that can kill them! Some of the guildies with us actually took them off their bar just in case.

Make sure that all the heals have grid/healbot/etc set to be able to see the Unit Health. If they cannot then assist them in setting this up.

You need to make sure people are grouping up quickly for Feud and then using all the AOE healing you can including DPS dropping healing rain and the like. Lightwells help immensely for this.

Its basically a case of come together and move apart. All range DPS and heals should be assigned a spot with a 6 yd range distance from each other and they need to make sure they go back to the same spot. If you are getting more than 4(I think) peoples' health dropping from the goo then you need to see why. We had ppl use range 10 yards to make extra sure.

I would keep lots of heals on the roster as Vilden said and then cut down as you get towards to enrage timer. Not much point in starting off with only 6-8 if you cant get 3 min into the fight. Always over do it when learning a boss mechanic and when you get the "groove" of the fight then you can start swapping heals for DPS.

What you really need to see is who is dying and when. If it is during the massacres then you need to see if you had too many people close together so your heals could not get them above the 10k. If it is during feud then you need to work on getting together quicker and gettign those heals up fast.

My main is an Enhancment shammy and along with Spritwalkers Grace and Healing rain (if not maelstrom proc) I would make sure a heal AOE was there before the raid even go there. This gave the other heals soem breathing room to get the health up once in position.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    My raid does 3 healers on 10-man... that might explain why it is so hard to recover from bad RNG.
    What RNG? There is none

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    What RNG? There is none
    Isn't it RNG when it becomes a Feud? People say they someties get several in a row, sometimes go for quite a while without getting any.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Isn't it RNG when it becomes a Feud? People say they someties get several in a row, sometimes go for quite a while without getting any.
    I don't see what's so hard about that though.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Deleted
    I don't see what's so hard about that though.
    Several in row = OOM = hard.

We had to change to 8 healers for our first kill. This fight is about having enough people alive for the final phase. Also, having people help when you collapse is helpful. Army of the Dead, and other pets to spread damage across, druids even non resto using tranquility, etc.

We did it with 6 heals last night with no problem, but the extra healers really helped in the beginning.

for holy, CoH on cooldown.

poh groups with multiple slimes, it gets the hot rolling so even if they get hit again it's faster getting them up.

Renew is meh, flash heal if you aren't PoHing which you should be doing a lot of that fight in 25 man cause of multiple slimes.

What RNG? There is none
    There is, in the form of who he targets for the Poison bolts. Especially in relation to when he is casting Massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyDoodle View Post
    for holy, CoH on cooldown.

poh groups with multiple slimes, it gets the hot rolling so even if they get hit again it's faster getting them up.

Renew is meh, flash heal if you aren't PoHing which you should be doing a lot of that fight in 25 man cause of multiple slimes.
    Using Renew, you will drain yourself quite fast. I tried it on one attempt, but the mana drain was not worth it. Also, CoH on cooldown? I prefer to have it ready at the end of Fued, when he throws a Massacre around at the time people need to spread again. Allows me to move and heal at the same time.

Some people in this thread must be terrible healers...9 in 25man and 4 in 10 man is extreme overkill. Really all you need to do is take 5 minutes to position and assign people properly and 2 Holy Priests can handle the spreading out phase by themselves. When you stack you just bomb AoE heals. Doesn't get much simpler.

You don't even need Flash Heal unless two people in your group ate it, and Serenity's on cooldown.

If one person, use Heal. If two, use Heal then Serenity, else use 2 Flash Heals (or if you can time it right, a Heal and a Flash is even better, but dependent on your latency and brain-lag). If three, use Prayer. When running in for Feud, hit Chakra and Prayer of Mending to go into Sanctuary Chakra, and have Mending already bouncing around. That's when you want to push Circle of Healing as well. Drop Sanctuary, then spam Prayers on your assigned group, boosting them up and refreshing Mending (and recasting Circle) as needed.

Stop healing just as the last slime hits and start spreading out, so you're already in position for Massacre, and can start pre-casting your Prayer for instant recovery. It's a good idea to immediately Chakra->Heal here, as well, and if you precasted correctly you have time to get it out on the tank.

Pre-casting Prayers for Massacre, and only using Heal (or Heal/Serenity) for dealing with Caustic Slime is how you make sure you have enough mana for the whole fight, even sub 2k spirit.

When you're doing 25s, I have one suggestion to make: Get people to heal down their list of assignments, instead of up. That way, if one group gets 3 slimes, and another has zero, person "b" can cross-heal and not waste mana, time, or let people die, by cross-healing from the bottom up.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-03-05 at 04:56 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~