Thread: Disc @ 4.1 PTR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The problem with smite healing is low output. I'm sorry but I have never used Heal spell in raid . Any other spell in Disc arsenal is much stronger. So every time I smite I feel I'm lowering my overall healing and usefulness by a lot. Hopefuly patch changes will increase atonement healing enough to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orly? Do not using it anywhere just Halfus. And its boring as hell!

Never used Heal in raid? Oh wait. What?
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by hipo View Post
    The problem with smite healing is low output. I'm sorry but I have never used Heal spell in raid . Any other spell in Disc arsenal is much stronger. So every time I smite I feel I'm lowering my overall healing and usefulness by a lot. Hopefuly patch changes will increase atonement healing enough to use it.
    "Low Output"? It heals as much as Heal with a shorter cast time and adding 4k dps as well as the great usefulness of Archangel. It doesn't suck, you're just not using it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    It doesn't help that even with the range buffed to 15y it still won't reach the tank on all encounters. Atramedes is the one I normally notice it on - with the tank in a normal position having moved the boss he'll be out of range.
    Agreed. Sometimes it doesn't even reach the tanks on alot of fight due to boss hitboxes. I sometimes have to tell my tank to move closer to the boss because he isnt in range of smite heals. :s

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    "Low Output"? It heals as much as Heal with a shorter cast time and adding 4k dps as well as the great usefulness of Archangel. It doesn't suck, you're just not using it right.
    Can't agree more with you about Atonement being stronger than Heal. But how does it compare with PoH or even shield? I know most people here say is to snipe a few smites for stronger Archangel PoHs etc, but still with its random hits and yet "low" amount of healing it doesn't feel right.

Never used Heal in raid? Oh wait. What?
    Is it that strange to no using Heal?
    If I'm specced AAA I simply smite. If not I prefer GHeal for single target or AoE healing.
    And from your logs I can see your Heal did less than 5% of your total healing. Don't you think higher HPS spell woould be better?
    Sorry for OT.
    Last edited by mmocc8bcec85d4; 2011-03-09 at 01:43 PM.

My only issue with attonement as a whole is that it feels like a clunky tacked on mechanic that doesn't really accomplish anything for those that put the effort into using it regularly.

Its fine for 5 mans don't get me wrong, but there are better tools in raids for healers to be using for almost any damage the raid takes.

For starters, you're only ever going to be healing the tanks or the melee unless the everyone in melee approach is viable. It heals for small amounts so it isn't going to miraculously save people from dying. It isn't an efficient way of healing up big aoe damage, nor is it effective at healing up big spike damage on the tanks. It can be good in the cases when the raid is taking steady low damage ticks, and is in no real need of quick healing up. In practice though those situations are rare.

As far as I'm concerned, its basically a very roundabout way of boosting your poh numbers in a big aoe phase as hipo said, and even then, there are probably better things you could be doing with the healing time. If they drastically improved the range on the talent and increased the amount it healed to maybe 70% of the damage I might consider it a worthwhile investment of talent points. Until then though I just can't take it seriously as a worthwhile usage of points that could be better spent elsewhere.

Incease it to 70% of the damage? That would be a decrease since it is currently 100% (on everyone but the casting priest himself).

Yes it is not for big AoE damage or spike damage on tanks, but thats all there is. And its not like we want it to be a tool for everything - that wold get it nerfed.
    Its not weak at all, it is pretty strong for its cast time in my oppinion and it's a smart heal. I think it is a useful (and fun) tool and well worth the points. I like the Holy Fire change, too, but the dot could be bigger portion of its damage.

Quote Originally Posted by bypass View Post
    My only issue with attonement as a whole is that it feels like a clunky tacked on mechanic that doesn't really accomplish anything for those that put the effort into using it regularly.

Its fine for 5 mans don't get me wrong, but there are better tools in raids for healers to be using for almost any damage the raid takes.

For starters, you're only ever going to be healing the tanks or the melee unless the everyone in melee approach is viable. It heals for small amounts so it isn't going to miraculously save people from dying. It isn't an efficient way of healing up big aoe damage, nor is it effective at healing up big spike damage on the tanks. It can be good in the cases when the raid is taking steady low damage ticks, and is in no real need of quick healing up. In practice though those situations are rare.

As far as I'm concerned, its basically a very roundabout way of boosting your poh numbers in a big aoe phase as hipo said, and even then, there are probably better things you could be doing with the healing time. If they drastically improved the range on the talent and increased the amount it healed to maybe 70% of the damage I might consider it a worthwhile investment of talent points. Until then though I just can't take it seriously as a worthwhile usage of points that could be better spent elsewhere.
    I don't know, but at my current gear level, it's starting to return alot of mana with archangel, specially with a power torrent + lightweave proc.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Incease it to 70% of the damage?
    Yes, my bad, was supposed to be 170%, although that may be a little over the top.

I have to say I hadn't considered using it as a pure mana return mechanic which is quite clever. Though you're obviously limited in this in that you have to maintain the evangelism stacks whilst waiting on power torrent or other internal cooldowns to be up to take advantage of it at times when the raid may need more intensive healing, depends a lot on which boss I suppose.

I think it is a useful (and fun) tool and well worth the points.
    This is the bit that I don't get. I might just be missing something key, but what type of damage exactly is it useful for healing?

15+ Year Old Account
    unless you have a crazy amount of mana archangel returns less mana than it cost you to get the stacks up

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    unless you have a crazy amount of mana archangel returns less mana than it cost you to get the stacks up
    Yes, but he's talking about saving the archangel for when his lightweave and power torrent proc to return a larger chunk of mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hipo View Post
    When I use smite to "heal" the problem isn´t the output since it usually does at least the double in healing that heal does. The problem is that you cant be sure it hits the right target.