Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Scrolls too
    Unless I'm mistaken, all we have now are Runescrolls of Fort II (a buff already brought), the old 4% Drums of Kings, and single player scrolls (Int I suppose). I guess int and kings would be better than nothing to give you the edge in what would potentially be fairly difficult.

The extra healing from devouring plague could be enough to push this over the edge from "usually above 10k" to "always above 10k".

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    You are using the shadow priests as healers. Doesn't count.
    So if i call for my boomkin to use tranquility, we are 4 healing the fight?

I would rather see 2 tanks 23 enchantment shamans, using there instants for heals - when there is feud thay stack and use 23 healing rain and some healing steam totems

lol, I just love this kind of theorys

it remembers me the theory of killing Lich King at Halls of Reflection, btw did someone manage to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

it remembers me the theory of killing Lich King at Halls of Reflection, btw did someone manage to do it?
    that was tryed in tye first week when Hor was out, but at 1 hp he stops taking dmg so not killed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velenei View Post
    So if i call for my boomkin to use tranquility, we are 4 healing the fight?
    This is more a battle of where the line is drawn. In the case you described, I would say no, the boomkin is not considered a healer, because they weren't brought in for the express purpose of healing; they were brought in to dps, and provided a bit of back up. However with the 8 SP case, they are specifically chosen for their healing. They are brought in to provide constant healing, and therefore, in this case, I personally would consider them to be healers.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

that was tryed in tye first week when Hor was out, but at 1 hp he stops taking dmg so not killed :P
    lol that was kinda obvious, but still... :P

Can't we all just agree that specs with the little "Healer" icon on them are healers and specs with the little "DPS" icon on them are DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Siral View Post
    and what happens if 10 prot pala/blood knight try to tank chimaeron?
    Caustic Slime is supposed to hit only who is not in a tank spec.
    It will prioritize people who aren't in a tank spec. If everyone is in a tank spec, then it will still go off.

Might work. Spriest damage on this fight is relatively consistent of you watch timers for spits, divine hymn rotations for feuds.
    The problem is finding 8 good spriests :/
    May want to throw in an ele shaman with glyphed healing totem just to give the priests crit buff and 10% spellpower.
    lol

It is not possible.

Double Attack will kill your tank and then during Feud you'll die in the first few seconds.

Divine Hymn's heal is horrible in Shadow spec, and in order to survive you ALL have to pop your Hymns. Which means you'll die on the 2nd feud.
    Shadowpriest healing is way too nerfed for this to ever work.

Should only really need 1 tank, we had a DK tank solotank Chimaeron 10 last week with very few problems, so 9 shadowpriests and 1 tank should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can use 2 tank dks ...

they can so easily keep themselves over 10k life.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Would 15k be sustainable without all the buffs other classes bring? Maybe an ele shaman would be worth adding in for HST & DPS totems, not sure if the HPS from it would be enough to cover the swap even with the higher SP dps.

Its an interesting idea though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sustaining 15k across the raid while having no buffs and 3 people with -75% hit debuff, healing 150k on Double Strike tank and ~100k across entire raid while *everyone* has hit debuff during feud.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    you can use 2 tank dks ...
    they can so easily keep themselves over 10k life.
    Break reduces your self healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Sustaining 15k across the raid while having no buffs and 3 people with -75% hit debuff, healing 150k on Double Strike tank and ~100k across entire raid while *everyone* has hit debuff during feud.

No.

Break reduces your self healing.

Sustaining 15k DPS as a Shadow Priest is fairly easy in this fight, even with the -75% hit debuff (Which is only 2 people in 10man) The double strike tank would be the only issue I see but as I said, I think if the Priests rolled renew on the Double Strike tank aswell as the double strike tank being something with a good self healing, Protadin would be nice with WoGs. The feud has already been mentioned several times, 2 of the players are tanks therefore naturally have good survivability, 8 are Shadow Priests, meaning they can start off with a Divine Hymn rotation early into the Feud and finish the later half of the Feud whilst dispersed.

Deleted
    Yes it's doable. 1 Shaman, 8 priests and 1 tank. But then you can ask if a shadowpriest using healing spells isn't a bit cheating if you want "0" healers. 15k dps x 9 + 3k dps = 138k dps. 26mill hp - 20% => 20,8mill hp / 138k = 2,5 mins. That means you just have to get lucky and get 2 massacres, followed by a feud and you should be good.

Best way to do this - Unholy DK MT (in blood presence for threat)/Whatever OT you want (Blood DK with high avoidance would be best), 7 Spriests and an Ele Shaman. Unholy DK provides 8% spell damage bonus, 10% spell power/5% crit/Heroism with Ele shaman. Vampiric Embrace heals each priest for 6% of their damage dealt and everyone else for 3%.

15,000 x .06 = 900 x 1 = 900
    15,000 x .03 = 450 x 6 - 2700

So each priest is getting healed for 3600hps, the two DK's and shammy would be healed for 3150hps. Given that caustic slimes and Chimaeron's melee swings are both on 5 second timers, this hps (along with Healing Stream) would be MORE than sufficient to heal everyone in the raid by the necessary amount, even after a massacre (especially with the larger window before the next slime). The trickiest part would be making sure the DK was closed to topped off before the next double attack after a massacre. He would probably want to pool his runes to make sure he could Death Strike 3 times, but with the various CD's they have I think it's more than plausible that they could survive. Maybe even designate one priest to bubble the DK before each Double Attack for added assistance.

Divine Hymn is great, but only heals 3 targets. When everyone groups for the Feud, designate 3 priests to use their Divine Hymn and have the Ele shammy drop Healing Rain and spam Chain Heal (if necessary). Again, the first slime won't occur until 15 seconds after the Feud starts, so the other 4 shadow priests should continue to dps to assist in healing. All 7 could disperse if needed, AMS if needed, etc. Provided dps is solid enough and with a little luck on your side, you should be able to bring him down to 20% without seeing another Feud. If you do have to do one more, the 3-4 other priest would use their Hymns that time around. Heroism out the gate would probably be best, along with Shadowfiends/Fire Ele/Gargoyle. Looking at best case scenario:

26,000,000 hp x .79 = 20,540,000 (total damage required to push Phase 2)
    30 secs per Massacre x 3 = 90 secs + 15 seconds before the first Caustic Slime cast during Feud = 105 seconds of dps time
    20,540,000/105 = 195,620dps
    Assume the MT can manage 12k and the OT 8k (or otherwise 20k between the two):
    175,620/8 = 21,952dps required per dps.

Now that's a pretty rough mark to maintain for 105 seconds, but possible with some nasty players. And if not, I still think that illustrates the high probability of only one Feud phase. I've got an Ele shammy. LF7M Shadowpriests PST!

-Judge

9 DK's + 1 healer = win?
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!