Question about Rare projects & Archaeology Skill

To get epic projects with Archaeology, I know I need 450 in arch skill. But do I have to train the last skills? So that I have 450/525 or is it enough to have 450/450 in skill ?

To get Epic projects, you need like 200+ skill. You can get them below that, but it's really rare and you're lucky when you do.

You're confusing access to Cataclysm zones, which requires 450+ Archaeology skill. The Tol'Vir sites in Uldum for instance only opens up once you're above 450 skill.

Deleted
    Without going off-topic too much: Why wouldn't you just train the last rank of your profession?
    Surely it can not be about gold or travelling time: Plenty of money and trainers around for everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    To get Epic projects, you need like 200+ skill. You can get them below that, but it's really rare and you're lucky when you do.

You're confusing access to Cataclysm zones, which requires 450+ Archaeology skill. The Tol'Vir sites in Uldum for instance only opens up once you're above 450 skill.
    Why not just train that little bit extra? I mean, you should have made enough gold solving Commons to afford it?

I'm guessing that people want to try and avoid Twilight Highlands - mainly due to the Grim Batol digsite.

In any case, in correction to my own post above: it does seem you need to be 450+ skill level to get the level 85 Epics up for research. I didn't realise that yet, but then again, I never bothered stopping anywhere pre-525 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    I'm guessing that people want to try and avoid Twilight Highlands - mainly due to the Grim Batol digsite.
    Stopping at 450 wouldn't help you avoid those sites, as they start popping as soon as you hit 450, not when you train the highest skill level.