Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    ^ It's pretty much like the demo.

Did I say it wasn't a RPG? No, I said it has very few RPG elements.

And what's with the hostility?

You think it's a great game I don't - there is no facts here it's all matters of opinion.
    It has all the RPG elements under the description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well you are wrong, if something is good or not is ALWAYS subjective - it's a matter of opinion, it's not a democratic decision.
    I think some people have a hard time grasping this concept. There are people who loved "Titanic" and people who hated "Titanic". It was also a high grossing film that got a shit-ton of accolades, that doesn't make the people who hated "Titanic" wrong and the people who liked it right. It's their opinion.

You can love the hell out of DA: 2, the gamer blogs/mags/etc. can heap tons of awards on it, the sales can go through the roof...That still doesn't mean that people who don't like it are "wrong". It's their opinion.

Sheesh people, it's ok not to like something that the majority likes, just like it's also ok to like something the majority dislikes.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It has all the RPG elements under the description.
    except it falls flat on its face at being a game.

Its laughable that this is an argument. I almost get a headache reading the last two pages.

People who like the game; like the game. Don't go bashing everyone that dislikes it skull in.

People who didn't, are morons... Well no, you have an opinion - that is wrong, but seriously now. Who cares? Its your opinion.

People who didn't play the game and pass judgment are truthfully morons. Its your decision to play or not, but stay out of discussion about the game till you do play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Its laughable that this is an argument. I almost get a headache reading the last two pages.

People who like the game; like the game. Don't go bashing everyone that dislikes it skull in.

People who didn't, are morons... Well no, you have an opinion - that is wrong, but seriously now. Who cares? Its your opinion.
    Yeah, I have a migraine sized headache now too.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Quote Originally Posted by ImNot1337 View Post
    Yeah, I have a migraine sized headache now too.
    I did say 'but seriously'. I thought I made my intended humor clear. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Thats because people just want more of the same. If you go in expecting origins, you'll probably be disappointed. As a game, its great.
    No, we expect the game to be like Dragon Age, not a glorified Diablo with some chat options.

They really dumbed the game down.

Combat is easy, boring and not really interesting
    Dialogue options are just.. boring. I loved the fact that you had to think on what you wanted to react, now it's "Good, neutral, evil" with clear choices. It takes away from the immersion.
    Graphics are shoddy. Some textures load really really crappy.

It really feels like a rushed sequel that has to be dumbed down to appeal to the masses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    No, we expect the game to be like Dragon Age, not a glorified Diablo with some chat options.

They really dumbed the game down.

Combat is easy, boring and not really interesting
    Dialogue options are just.. boring. I loved the fact that you had to think on what you wanted to react, now it's "Good, neutral, evil" with clear choices. It takes away from the immersion.
    Graphics are shoddy. Some textures load really really crappy.

It really feels like a rushed sequel that has to be dumbed down to appeal to the masses
    1st off, to go with recent thread theme, I'm not bashing you.

Now, it doesn't seem like Dragon Age to you and feels like a glorified Diablo? What? How does Diablo feel remotely like this? I very much feel it is like Origions.

Easy boring combat? So was Origions on default difficulty. Try playing on a harder version.

Dialog boring with only good, neutral, and evil, but in Origions you had to think? Did you play Origions? All dialogue choices were clear cut. There were story choices that were not, such as werewolves or elves, but no dialogue choices made you wonder what choice was good, bad, or neutral.

Shoddy graphics? Maybe personal choice here, but the graphics are far better than Origions.

Really dumbed down? How?

I'm really of the mind that people comparing this game to Origions have either never played Origions, or it's been so long that they don't remember it and are fabricating the memory in their minds. Origions had almost the same combat system. It had almost the same dialogue system. It had the same sort of quests and limited exploration.

I think DA2 improved these things, but that's just my opinion.

But go back and play Origions if you think this post was full of it. I think you'll see that I'm not full of shit afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    1st off, to go with recent thread theme, I'm not bashing you.

Now, it doesn't seem like Dragon Age to you and feels like a glorified Diablo? What? How does Diablo feel remotely like this? I very much feel it is like Origions.

Easy boring combat? So was Origions on default difficulty. Try playing on a harder version.

Dialog boring with only good, neutral, and evil, but in Origions you had to think? Did you play Origions? All dialogue choices were clear cut. There were story choices that were not, such as werewolves or elves, but no dialogue choices made you wonder what choice was good, bad, or neutral.

Shoddy graphics? Maybe personal choice here, but the graphics are far better than Origions.

Really dumbed down? How?

I'm really of the mind that people comparing this game to Origions have either never played Origions, or it's been so long that they don't remember it and are fabricating the memory in their minds. Origions had almost the same combat system. It had almost the same dialogue system. It had the same sort of quests and limited exploration.

I think DA2 improved these things, but that's just my opinion.

But go back and play Origions if you think this post was full of it. I think you'll see that I'm not full of shit afterall.
    I agree with you in a general sense. But the combat feels more.. hack and slash than the DA:O one. And I am replaying DA:O as we speak That might be because I have a tank char in DA:O and a rogue in DA2.
    What I meant with the options is: In DA2 you are given "This option will be positive, negative or neutral". DA:O didn't have this (At least my PS3 version doesn't) and sometimes it required some active braincells

10+ Year Old Account
    I just see combat the same with the exception of the speed that it happens being increased, and the "auto attack" looking more fancy.

For the dialogue in Origions, I remember it being akin to:
    A- A pretty lady like you shouldn't be worried about Darkspawn.
    B- What should we do instead if this?
    C- Do you know how annoying you are?
    D- we could really use a vacation. You know, the beach, some fine wine, a personal chef. How do you think my hair looks?

But meh. To each his own.

I've surprisingly found it very enjoyable so far. I've got a pretty good idea why a lot of people are giving it shitty reviews: they don't like change, and expected it to play just like the first one. They're not giving reviews for DA2, they're giving a score based on how similar it is to DA:O, and since it doesn't match up, they give it a shitty score instead of just evaluating it on its own.

I agree with you in a general sense. But the combat feels more.. hack and slash than the DA:O one. And I am replaying DA:O as we speak That might be because I have a tank char in DA:O and a rogue in DA2.
    What I meant with the options is: In DA2 you are given "This option will be positive, negative or neutral". DA:O didn't have this (At least my PS3 version doesn't) and sometimes it required some active braincells
    It had companion alignment which is essentially the same thing. Certain actions (destroying the circle, using blood magic, etc...) made certain companions disagree/mad with you. They replaced this with Friend / Rival. Your companions will not leave you unless you royally piss them off on their companion quest(s) from my experience.

Its rather irrelevant anyways. Most (later) missions give you a strange arrow symbol on all options and you have to decide what is morally best, or what you want to do. It works as a sort of branching point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I've surprisingly found it very enjoyable so far. I've got a pretty good idea why a lot of people are giving it shitty reviews: they don't like change, and expected it to play just like the first one. They're not giving reviews for DA2, they're giving a score based on how similar it is to DA:O, and since it doesn't match up, they give it a shitty score instead of just evaluating it on its own.
    Stop putting words in peoples mouths, I hate it because it's a badly designed game, from Artisic direction to programming.

actually you could genrally tell which responses were the dick hole ones and which were the good guy ones based off their location on the wheel.
    bottom right was generally the "eats live babys and shits on graves" response.

also anyone but me feel that fenris was designed to draw fangirls?
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-03-10 at 10:04 AM.

can u plau it multiplayer on same screen or with another pc/console? i searched but couldnt find any info

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Stop putting words in peoples mouths, I hate it because it's a badly designed game, from Artisic direction to programming.
    You aren't everyone. And he did say 'a lot' not 'all'. I would agree with him in fact from the majority player reviews/comments that I have read. Not an insubstantial assumption, but rather what I picked up out of a lot of written complaints.

Its all in perspective really. I feel the game is done well - maybe very well, but not great. I don't know what could of made the game better for me without changing the game completely. I prefer open world type games such as Elder Scrolls.

I wouldn't call the game badly designed. You have no insight into how it was designed. To say you didn't like the game would suffice. Unless you maybe work at Bioware? In which case go wild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    If you had actually read the reviews you'd know that he had a point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    If you had actually read the reviews you'd know that he had a point.
    That would be too much to ask, he sort of spews negativity without thinking while believing everything is about him, sort of like the anti-bioware-moaradin!

Not out here until tomorrow, but after playing the demo a few times, watching a few minutes of streams here and there and reading bits it looks like conversation options will have a bigger effect than the 1st (sure, the 1st one had choices on who to join your army etc, this one seems to take many smaller choices and change it according to that) and people are a bit annoyed at only having FF on nightmare :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    That would be too much to ask, he sort of spews negativity without thinking while believing everything is about him, sort of like the anti-bioware-moaradin!

Not out here until tomorrow, but after playing the demo a few times, watching a few minutes of streams here and there and reading bits it looks like conversation options will have a bigger effect than the 1st (sure, the 1st one had choices on who to join your army etc, this one seems to take many smaller choices and change it according to that) and people are a bit annoyed at only having FF on nightmare :s
    I doubt he has even played the actual game.

I pre-ordered it, and would pe-order it again.
    It has great graphics (pc version), the combat is streamlined, retains all of the fun rpg elements from origins, and is incredibly fun. Most of the dissent is coming from the extremely vocal minority, the "vanilla wow was better" crowd, the people that can't get past nostalgia and can't stop living in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    Sounds like someone was so insecure, they felt immasculated by an anonymous persons virtual representation.* ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    ...everyone in that guild is a top-tuned Dorrito-Pee-bottle raider.