If you wouldn't mind helping a fellow rogue a little....

I'm aware I'm doing something wrong, but what exactly that is, I'm unsure of....
    I'm not having to hard a time with rotation, but where am I going wrong gear wise?
    This is my first rogue and time at 85.

Information is key.
    You should provide a glimmer of detail about your rogue if you're looking for feedback.

"The better the hunter class is doing should be directly related to the length of their dead range."

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garona/thazdin/advanced

First time poster

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 06:55 AM ----------

Sorry bout that, wouldn't let me post a link to my armory.

Deleted
    Rogues DO NOT use Strenght. You need Agility gear, so change your cape for starters.

You need to be spell hit capped as assassination, meaning 17%.

As for your reforges, some are wrong.

Crit, Haste, Exp reforge into Hit (Untill you reach that 17% spell hit cap) After this reforge everything into mastery, and for gear with mastery already, reforge into haste.

Enchants, you miss LOTS of enchants, you haven't bothered gemming either. < If you haven't done this on purpose for the sake of being told how to do then:

Red sockets: +40 agi
    Blue sockets: +20 Agi +20 Hit
    Yellow Sockets: +20 Agi +20 Mastery

Change avalanche to Hurricane, it's cheap. Landslide is far far better but far far more expensive.

If you need anymore help, with enchants re-post and I'll see what I can do
    Last edited by mmoc10e316d81f; 2011-03-09 at 03:06 PM.

And, what about some gems? If you can't afford rare gems, use green, they're okay, and cheap! And second, your back? Strenght? Get another

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thazdin View Post
    I'm aware I'm doing something wrong, but what exactly that is, I'm unsure of....
    I'm not having to hard a time with rotation, but where am I going wrong gear wise?
    This is my first rogue and time at 85.
    Gear wise, I would not say you're doing it wrong (except that cloak ... STR is just bad lol) , but you are at a point where most upgrades are through heroics , valor points gear, rep gear and raids.

Start by filling the empty gem sockets & enchanting the rest of your gear - do not spend your gold on top level enchants just yet (use those on epics), but try to find intermediate enchants for your stuff until you upgrade them.

Try to do randoms heroics regularly (at least 2-3 per day) : Valor points for your first one, ilvl 346 gear, & extra reputation with the tabard you're wearing. (which in turn, gives you some purples - Wildhammer rep have epic gloves, Earthen Ring has a nice epic ring, Tol Barad rep gives a trinket)

Get your Ramkahen reputation to revered, to get access to the helmet enchant.

Try to get in a Baradin Hold (raid) group every week, where you will you get a chance at the set gloves & pants.

Like Alexi said, you need to be spell hit capped (most of your damage comes from poison, so you need 1332 hit rating) - Reforge Crit, Expertise & Haste to hit rating until you reach that number, then reforge the rest in Mastery.

I would also suggest you drop mining, for a profession that will actually help your DPS : JC is a top choice (3 x +67 AGI gems), Leatherworking is a close second (+130 agi enchant to bracers + very cheap leg enchant).

Since you're already an engineer, you'll have some cool stuff (when you reach 525 skill!) : Glove tinker (stacks with regular glove enchant) that will give 480 agi for 10 seconds every minute, the awesome parachute cloak, the nitro-boost on belt and the flexible epic helm. so finish levelling engineering quick ! hehe

Finally, try to visit those two pages, as they contain all the needed information, and more ..

elitistjerks.com/f78/t109652-cataclysm_entry_level_gear_list/

elitistjerks.com/f78/t110134-assassination_guide_cata/

Take care & have fun !

Berzelius