Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

a start for destro pvp fix

its been quite some time since i pvp'ed on my lock. back in bc i used to do arenas with a disc priest in 2s and bounced around in the 2-2.2k range thru season 1-3 as demo and destro. never really buying into the sl/sl playstyle because quite simply i couldnt stand it. i was pretty successful as well in 3s with the same disc priest and a hunter, again playing the demo and destro specs both at the 2-2.2k range

healers caught on pretty quick back then and started dispelling my immolate which in turn cut down on my ability to conflag which is a major part of a destro's rotation. in wrath it wasnt so much a problem because the games didnt always last long enough for either team to get a full rotation off. and although i didnt pvp much on my lock it seemed like destro started going downhill after s7.

here we are with cata, where dispelling is supposed to mean something. it doesnt, healers often dispel UA without even thinking about it. the silence is manageable and the dmg is laughable, but affliction is the most represented spec. if theyre willing to dispel UA they have no problem dispelling immolate. my suggestion would be to make a talent a couple tiers into the destro tree that will reduce the cast speed of immolate by 100% for 3 secs after its dispelled.

like i said its been awhile since i pvp'd on my lock. it was my first toon i ever created and the first one i leveled to 85 when cata hit but i havent done many arenas in this exspansion, im just giving my opinion based off what has occured in my past experiences as a destro lock

I don't do arenas on my warlock, but through passive exposure to PvP through friendly duels and those days in WG, and dispeller worth their salt will dispell immolate as soon as it is applied. The change that reduces the cast time by 100% would give them the GCD time to just dispel it again, and if you are in arenas, there are going to be other things coming at you to distract you from spamming immolate.

If you are having trouble managing your conflagrate, try to work your CC into your immolate, an immolate followed up by a shadowfury, or a fear followed up by an immolate conflag chain whie they are still CC'd work well to weave in that cast. Weaving together your CC and casts along with cooldowns such as Soulburn are really vital from what I have seen.

Once again though, I don't PvP much myself, so I might just be thinking about something that isn't even the case. :x

add a new spell for all locks

CoWhatevername

crues your target, everytime he or she dispell harmful debuff , that debuff apply to him or her and everytime he or she dispell a helpful buff , u will be heal for XXX , last 30sec , 1min CD
    *can be cast on friendly target*

this should be funny

10+ Year Old Account
    You're absolutely correct. Dispel protection for Immolate has been a long-running idea and still there has been no response. Back when we had smaller health pools, the UA dispel protection actually meant something. Now with health pools so large, the damage so lol, and the silence as a minor nuisance at best, even UA is almost a wasted GCD.

Of course if you can work in your CC's (shadowfury, fear, etc.) you can take some advantage of it, but even then, it's so little damage that the results are mostly inconsequential.

I really do fear that we have little to no utility anymore. Meager burst, dots vanish almost as quickly as they're applied,-- is it just me or have locks turned into a slower more cumbersome version of drain mana?

It's sad that locks have fallen on such hard times. I can't wait until the day that the class is given a hard close inspection by the folks at big blue.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casby View Post
    I really do fear that we have little to no utility anymore. Meager burst, dots vanish almost as quickly as they're applied,-- is it just me or have locks turned into a slower more cumbersome version of drain mana?
    Agreed. Demo and Destro are almost entirely worthless for arena. Affliction is the only worth while spec, and even that is piss poor in 2v2 unless you're a fan of 40 minutes games vs anything with a healer. It's also incredibly dull it makes me want to push my eyes into my head.

I have no idea for demo, but dispel protection for immolate would be a good place to start for destro. However even then it lacks great burst potential that most other ranged spell casters possess. And let's face it, the whole point of destro is controlled, on-demand burst which makes for good swapping in arena. Chaos Bolt needs to make it's comeback as destructions signature ability instead of hitting like a 12 year old girl.