Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Maelstrom Crystal market after 4.1

My guild currently has a good stack of maelstrom crystals that we use to enchant guildies. However since the announcement of ZA/ZG 353 epics, I'm wondering if it'll be better to sell these crystals now since we can expect to have a huge price drop of them. My server is currently ~2500. After 4.1 and having those 353 epics getting DE'd, the price would probably drop to a respectable ~1k. Anyone else think it's wise to sell these now and buy them back later?

Quote Originally Posted by djpete View Post
    My guild currently has a good stack of maelstrom crystals that we use to enchant guildies. However since the announcement of ZA/ZG 353 epics, I'm wondering if it'll be better to sell these crystals now since we can expect to have a huge price drop of them. My server is currently ~2500. After 4.1 and having those 353 epics getting DE'd, the price would probably drop to a respectable ~1k. Anyone else think it's wise to sell these now and buy them back later?
    yes, sell them, they will inevitably drop greatly with 4.1

Ofc, selling anything with a high price and buying it back later is good. If you're smart about it... you can simply sell it now and grind out more later from simply running ZG/ZA and DE'ing anything that can't be used. Profit and more crystals: Check.

Quote Originally Posted by djpete View Post
    Try around 200-300 a shard, maybe even less lol

maybe you should think before you post op. you answered your own question.
    dont mean to sound rude but yeah, not intentional.

Of course , sell all those dam things before they drop to like 30g/Ea.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    maybe you should think before you post op. you answered your own question.
    dont mean to sound rude but yeah, not intentional.
    No he didn't. His question was if "anyone else thinks it" which he obviously can't answer him self at all.
    Not a very bright question because it is so obvious, but still a legitimate question.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    No he didn't. His question was if "anyone else thinks it" which he obviously can't answer him self at all.
    Not a very bright question because it is so obvious, but still a legitimate question.
    My server is currently ~2500.
    After 4.1 and having those 353 epics getting DE'd, the price would probably drop to a respectable ~1k
    when i was 10 i was able to understand that when supply goes up, the value of the commodity goes down.

Sorry, I just realized it now and was hoping to share this with other guilds out there. That was my intention of the post. Plus, I can show this post to my guild leader who wants to hold on to them. Thanks all.

If your guild leader wants to hold onto them, he's not thinking straight.
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory

if the only heroic mode of new dungeons will drop epics, then price wont drop that drasticly, maybe to 1-1.5k. if normals also will drop epics? then price will go down all the way to below 500g , for sure.
    BETA CLUB

Or he is thinking enchants on gear for progression is worthwhile for the new few weeks before patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    when i was 10 i was able to understand that when supply goes up, the value of the commodity goes down.
    When I was 10 I was able to understand when to call out an asshole when I saw one... see wut i did thar?

OT: Yeah, those things are going to plummet really hard. I'd sell them now while they're expensive and use that gold to buy 2000000x the amount of crystals you currently have once theyre cheaper.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny because my entire server is desperately trying to sell them and everyone is just waiting for 4.1 so good luck selling them.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    if the only heroic mode of new dungeons will drop epics, then price wont drop that drasticly, maybe to 1-1.5k. if normals also will drop epics? then price will go down all the way to below 500g , for sure.
    There is no normal version of the new dungeons. ZA and ZG will only be available as heroic.

On my server Maelstrom crystals are still 4k

15+ Year Old Account
    SELL them ASAP, your not the only one thinking this

Deleted
    If anyone have paid any attetion on the tooltips of the item that drop from ZG/ZA. Every epic item in there says "Cannot be disenchanted."

Quote Originally Posted by Midru View Post
    If anyone have paid any attetion on the tooltips of the item that drop from ZG/ZA. Every epic item in there says "Cannot be disenchanted."
    Needed to quote this for effect - Pay attention to tooltips people!
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Sell now or regret it later.