Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why have blizz started hating on Dwarf hunters ,with the lack of Epic guns ?
    Come on Blizz sort it out

Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    Yaaaay more epics for baddies
    More epics for goodies too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogrim View Post
    Do you know Deathwing, the big black dragon that's supposedly the icon of this expansion? Ever since the release people have been saying how impressive it was to see the model in the game and how huge he was compared to the images they had seen of him. The thing about images is that they're flat and two-dimensional and it's actually a third-dimensional animated model that you can really only experience fully in a third-dimension environment.

So it's not your "opinion" that counts here because you can't form an actual opinion until you've actually seen the model for its worth, you're presuming it looks "goofy" which is the same as judging a book by its cover.[COLOR="red"]
    You are talking about size, the Deathchin model would still look awesome if it were the size of a kodo although it would be a lot less intimidating.

And dude, a model is nothing but a cover, a model is only visual. Your comparison doesn't hold water, you cannot judge a book by its cover because the content is important but here you only get the visual and the visual sux. Maybe the fight will be the most epic in history of mmorpgs but rag would still look retarded.

Deleted
    hmm, the "yaay more epics for baddies" is a bit black n white.
    of course higher than average players with alts will be happy, if their guild has no alt runs.
    Blizzard gave the lower than average players a big sign where it says " Apologies that you can't raid, heres some epics to ease the pain"

still...I liked the idea that 5-man dungeons drop blues wich gave you the chance to enter raids.

Epics are no longer epic but let's hope to God/Allah/Billy Mays that those two new dungeons are hard.

I really hope the arlokk and thekall claws come back with their associated procs

There is only one PVE Agility 2H Epic in the game right now: Malevolence. Sad Feral Druid. I've been killing Halfus weekly and haven't seen it drop -- and am not guaranteed to get it when it does.

I was looking forward to ZA/ZG as another way of upgrading my blue two-hander... but there's no Agility 2H to be found in the loot table! Holding out for "The list might not be final"...

Hey Boubouille,

I know you said it's annoying to scan for items, but any chance you can try to get more info about http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/69626 (if there is any; I'm not a ptr datamining expert at all)

EDIT @Sounder, the above link may be our salvation

I read those blue posts and continue to be thankful I canceled my account. Now for it to just run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    hmm, the "yaay more epics for baddies" is a bit black n white.
    of course higher than average players with alts will be happy, if their guild has no alt runs.
    Blizzard gave the lower than average players a big sign where it says " Apologies that you can't raid, heres some epics to ease the pain"

still...I liked the idea that 5-man dungeons drop blues wich gave you the chance to enter raids.

Epics are no longer epic but let's hope to God/Allah/Billy Mays that those two new dungeons are hard.
    Also, wrath heroics dropped epics of the same ilvl as 1st tier raid from day one. We had to wait months for these and they're not even as good as the raid drops. It's kind of funny how the whiniest people are the leetest of the leet.

Quote Originally Posted by Revonoc View Post
    "I believe that (ranged slot for DPS warriors) was specifically brought up in a meeting I had last week. We want to get some items out there that are currently missing, even if it's because they're only useful to a small number of classes/specs." -Zarhym

Waiting for an update....
    Can you link to that blue post?
    I really would like to bring Mail Agi bracers to the table

Deleted

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Naaren View Post
    Still no plate dps shoulders?
    Nice, back to hoping forever for a token drop at Cho'gall... bah.
    Indeed, and your not the only one..
    I really hope that Blizzard adds more Plate DPS shouders to the game

I just hope they reuse this model http://www.wowhead.com/item=19915 for the tanking shield

Could you please go over the loot again and see if there are any plate wrist bracers with spirit on them. I would surely hope they are there - considering that there are 346 bracers - and then 359 bracers at CHO'GAL (Endboss in BOT).

But ofc - this is BLizzard. They love to bully holy paladins.

I hope the list is not complete... Mail AGI getting screwed for the 4th time since Cata otherwise. No Mail AGI wrist(back to farming Chimeron....)

Fellow hunters, you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Recovered Cloak of Frostheim

Truly EPIC!!

Grats to Frostheim of WHU! Well deserved!

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    You are talking about size, the Deathchin model would still look awesome if it were the size of a kodo although it would be a lot less intimidating.
    What? No I'm not. Deathwing's appearance in the game is more than just model scaling. When Deathwing appears in a zone the sky turns red, he flies above the player like a large shadow and his breath leaves a large trail of sprouting fire. This is all part of the impact the model makes in its in-game appearance.

You can't judge a 3D model on a 2D canvas. Animation and environment are a large part of a game model's artwork and neither of those are present on a data-mined screen-shot. What you are doing is exactly like judging a book by its cover. You're not seeing the whole picture, only a fraction, and the only opinion you can form from that is of that fraction. You're trying to say the model looks bad, but you haven't seen the model. You've seen a data-mined flat printed screen-shot of a model. What model looks its best like that? That was the point about Deathwing, not size.

The only thing you can conclude is that the model might look bad from your opinion on the screen-shot, but you know you have no idea how Blizzard is going to render it and their experience at least gives them the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Bogrim; 2011-03-11 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by selkinor View Post
    so they're really bringing back an amani war bear lookalike? Well, wow (and blizzard) is officially dead to me.
    dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    So, question, I noticed GC hasn't posted much if not anything lately... I don't know what to make about the blue response about that either. So is he no longer working for blizzard or something? Or does he now just not actively respond on the forums like he used to? Is GC gone for good?
    They said, he's going to be doing more blogs or Q&A's....They never said he was gone for good.....

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 03:35 PM ----------

I'm looking forward to doing ZG and ZA with my guild, but as someone else said, I feel they're just giving baddies epics. Of course, baddies won't just be able to queue up for ZG or ZA, you need a 346 ilvl? Either way, I still know baddies with 346 ilvl, but whatever, at least the super baddie arms warrior who lost a duel to a disc priest won't be getting loot, hopefully.(he doesn't have 346 ilvl, woot!)

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    It still looks like shit regardless of the context. If I made a boss that was just a grey gouraud cube and said "No way, it doesn't suck, it will turn into a rainbow unicorn on heroic mode, so it's good." no, it is still terrible shit. Most people never see heroic modes and the legs look bad, regardless of any context.
    Most people don't see heroic modes. You probably won't, so you can calm down kid.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Haggland View Post
    Fellow hunters, you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Recovered Cloak of Frostheim

Truly EPIC!!

Grats to Frostheim of WHU! Well deserved!
    Wooooo nice ! Gratz Frostheim !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogrim View Post
    What? No I'm not. Deathwing's appearance in the game is more than just model scaling. When Deathwing appears in a zone the sky turns red, he flies above the player like a large shadow and his breath leaves a large trail of sprouting fire. This is all part of the impact the model makes in its in-game appearance.

You can't judge a 3D model on a 2D canvas. Animation and environment are a large part of a game model's artwork and neither of those are present on a data-mined screen-shot. What you are doing is exactly like judging a book by its cover. You're not seeing the whole picture, only a fraction, and the only opinion you can form from that is of that fraction. You're trying to say the model looks bad, but you haven't seen the model. You've seen a data-mined flat printed screen-shot of a model. What model looks its best like that? That was the point about Deathwing, not size.

The only thing you can conclude is that the model might look bad from your opinion on the screen-shot, but you know you have no idea how Blizzard is going to render it and their experience at least gives them the benefit of the doubt.
    What? I am talking about the model and the model of Ragnaros SUX with those goofy legs. Animations and environment wont make those god forsaken legs look good. Deathchin always looked awesome, the fact that he does crazy things makes him even more awesome, but if the model sucked it would suck in game too.
    I don't see a god damn difference between the Deathchin from the SW screenshots and the Deathchin in game, they look the same.
    You can make a good Judgement about a model just from screenshots because the model doesn't look different once you see it in the game, what your monitor shows you is 2D anyway.

If you make a photo of an ugly car the car wont look better in RL when it is driving, ugly will always be ugly.